+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2122232425262728293031

Thread: The Mole 5 - ****SPOILERS****

FORT Fogey

Re: The Mole 5 - ****SPOILERS****

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty_Mole;3163820;
    Craig's ways of sabotage were genius...and nobody would suspect for him.
    We learned last night that Craig was told when and how to sabotage so the credit goes to the creator of this show. They even told him what team to volunteer for when a challenge demanded that.

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty_Mole;3163820;
    i'm happy with the outcome. mark really really deserved to win. He pput 300% into his game and it paid off. I am happy for him and his family. I think the mole this year was hands down the best mole. Craig's ways of sabotage were genius...and nobody would suspect for him

I feel for paul...he had craig picked since day one and to get beat out by 4 seconds. thats a heart breaker.

This was arguably the best mole season ever, i can't wait for the next season and Amazing race =]
    I trully enjoyed this season! While I am happy that Mark won, I don't think he "deserved" to win. I mean he is one LUCKY son of a gun because he went into that Final 4 not having a clue as to the Mole's identity!!! I mean being on the verge of elimination at least 3 times (maybe 4) and the only thing saving your skin was your coalition partner/s? JMO! I think Paul deserved to win, but he was legitimately ousted by Nicole which is the way the game works.

I trully hope we have many more seasons!

FORT Newbie

D'oh! ok so the creators were genius but Craig did have a good strategy to keep people off his tail. I really would have loveddd to see a fellow new yorker win. My " Uncle" ( moms best friends husband who is an uncle figure to me) Joe is the chief ( I think) of one of the yonkers FD.

My two cents. In reality TV, noone ever really deserves to win. There are people I want to win, and people I don't want to win. Anyone who is in the final two or three does what it takes to have the ability to win.

And while I personally wanted Paul to win, I am glad Mark won. I think it will make a real difference in he and his family's lives.
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

Meh. I think Mark was the contestant that helped put the most money into the pot. That said. It obviously took more than just knowing who the mole is to win the game. Having quick fingers is one of the biggest ones. Even if Mark was eliminated in and the game was between Paul and Nicole. Nicole was faster at answering questions than Paul. There is no guarantee that Paul would have won had he made it to the final round.
    Last edited by TellTaleOrange; 08-13-2008 at 07:37 PM.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by AsIs;3164857;
    My two cents. In reality TV, noone ever really deserves to win. There are people I want to win, and people I don't want to win. Anyone who is in the final two or three does what it takes to have the ability to win.
    I agree. Most reality TV shows are games and the one who plays best wins, personality and need aside. It is only about playing well.

Eh! I mentioned it here before when Victoria got eliminated (since she was my original suspect), that Craig was the mole. After Victoria's demise, the next day Craig uttered "EXEMPTION" as soon as they sat down at the dinner. The way he even said it, he stressed the word exemption. Then on the next challenge, he got exemption because he said the word during dinner. He even raised his hand right away as if he knew this beforehand. This was way too convenient. Then he tried to sabotage the challenge even before it can start by putting Paul and Nicole together in the donkey suit. Since then, there were just too many mole-ish activities that he did (especially in the Final 5) as was shown on Monday's finale...some more obvious, others I would never thought as mole-ish (like the wheelbarrow thing or allowing Mark to tag him). But I don't need any clues to find out.

It's interesting that Paul new who the mole was from the get go. It was just not clear to me how he was able to find out. In that case, he should have won. I thought he should have done more mole-ish activities so people would think that he was the mole instead of antagonizing everybody. Nicole did more mole-ish things than him and she only knew who the mole was when they were only down to 5. Mark, despite his attention to detail, still wasn't 100% sure it was Craig so he took the dossier. Oh man, he really got lucky several times.

I love Craig, he seems to be a nice loveable teddy bear of a guy. Even his fellow contestants find him adorable and couldn't help but hug him. It's because of this that some of them hesitate to even think that he was the mole. From the beginning I thought that could be the strategy of the producers. To put someone funny and very likeable, at the same time, chubby and unathletic so he would unintentionally fail on some tasks would take away suspicion from that person. To some people that would work but to some (like me) it actually caused more suspicion on Craig. That dinner time along with the next task just solidified my suspicion. Craig, endearing as he was, I don't think is a good mole. I think they (and some of you guys) gave him too much credit when in fact it was the creators who were instructing him at times what to do. He also wasn't very good in lying as he wouldn't usually look at the camera, in fact, he wasn't facing the camera in all his interviews, perhaps because it would be difficult for him to lie with a straight face while looking at the camera.
    Last edited by jammyjoe; 08-13-2008 at 08:04 PM.

Knowing who the mole is, is only a third of the game. Answering the quiz with more correct answers and quicker than everyone else remaining in the game or getting an exemption is another third of the game. (The last third of the game is actually getting money into the jackpot.) Paul was not fast enough to beat Nicole on the quiz. And that is why he lost. If he should have won the game soley because he knew who the mole was then the show would have been over after the first episode.

Mark beat Craig in the final exemption doublet. That was not supposed to happen. Craig was given the answers to the doublet so that he could "solve" the doublet first.

Even though Mark did not know who the mole is until the very end. Mark understood how to master the other 2/3rds of the game better than Paul did. And that is why he won. Mark deserves to win because he did win the game.

Quote Originally Posted by TellTaleOrange;3165336;
    Knowing who the mole is, is only a third of the game. Answering the quiz with more correct answers and quicker than everyone else remaining in the game or getting an exemption is another third of the game. (The last third of the game is actually getting money into the jackpot.) Paul was not fast enough to beat Nicole on the quiz. And that is why he lost. If he should have won the game soley because he knew who the mole was then the show would have been over after the first episode.

Mark beat Craig in the final exemption doublet. That was not supposed to happen. Craig was given the answers to the doublet so that he could "solve" the doublet first.

Even though Mark did not know who the mole is until the very end. Mark understood how to master the other 2/3rds of the game better than Paul did. And that is why he won. Mark deserves to win because he did win the game.

Well Said!!!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by WickedFan1230;3164834;
    I trully enjoyed this season! While I am happy that Mark won, I don't think he "deserved" to win. I mean he is one LUCKY son of a gun because he went into that Final 4 not having a clue as to the Mole's identity!!! I mean being on the verge of elimination at least 3 times (maybe 4) and the only thing saving your skin was your coalition partner/s? JMO! I think Paul deserved to win, but he was legitimately ousted by Nicole which is the way the game works. I trully hope we have many more seasons!
    He really got lucky that Victoria hit the wrong key during the test she got eliminated. It's crazy how close he came to going home at least three times. That's what makes the reunion show so enjoyable for me. Finding out what really was going on and how strategy and/or luck dictated who was eliminated when.

+ Reply to Thread