+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: The Mole 5 - ****SPOILERS****

Re: The Mole 5 - ****SPOILERS****

I love how the first question in every quiz is not "What is the mole's gender?" but "Is the mole?".

Quote Originally Posted by SweetElvira;3075440;
    I always thought Victoria could be the Mole, but I also thought Clay was more likely. Now I am absolutely convinced it's him, with a slight possibility of it being Craig. I'm so glad TPTB didn't hand us this one on a platter with the clues.

Clay has been Mole-y in each episode. Last night, clearly he had been given a decision-tree set of instructions for the gold-carrying task. If his group made it up first, he was to see if he could cause them to lose their money by insisting on the exemption and possibly causing a stalemate if someone else also insisted on it. I imagine if his group were the group that came in second, he would have done things to stall them and make sure they arrived after the time ran out.

The alliance with Mark is interesting if Clay is the Mole. The Mole doesn't care who wins or loses, after all. Mark is easily led, so The Mole can manipulate him into furthering the Mole's cause. And Mark is detail-oriented, so in an alliance, the Mole can find out what's obvious and what's not obvious.

If Clay is the Mole, I think Kristen may have already figured it out.

I completely agree. I think this is why she didn't find with him over the exemption. I think he is the mole and she is the winner

Quote Originally Posted by 6.02x10^23;3072095;
    Bleh, I hate how the Mole's journal is written. It's all snarky and vicious sounding, as if the Mole actually hated everyone else's guts.

As for the clue... I'll wait for the episode and then think about it.
    it IS snarky and kind of malicious even. I was a little taken aback when I read some of the posts. Then again, it's not like the mole actually wrote it

Those clues are so impossible to decipher. And I haven't noticed any clues in the episodes (that point to the mole)...Maybe i'm not looking hard enough.

Quote Originally Posted by AsIs;3076553;
    This is from last nights show, but I am putting it in spoilers because I think it narrows down the Mole possibilities quite a bit.

During the questions from the notebooks challenge it is reasonable to assume that they took one statement from each of the notebooks. And each contestant was asked to identify one statement. Below is a chart of who was asked, followed by the correct person of who said it. (Example: Victoria was asked who said she drank a lot, and it was Mark who said it.)

- Victoria - Mark
    Clay - Kristen
    - Paul - Wrong (they are hoping that this time it will work out right.)
    - Kristen - Nicole
    Alex - wrong (Jon asks Alex who said that he was taking control)
    - Mark - Paul
    - Nicole - Victoria

All contestants journals are accounted for except Alex and Clay. Paul's question of (they are hoping that this time it will work out right.) sounds very very Moley to me. Since Alex's question most likely came from Clay, that would make Alex the Mole.

Or the person making very Molelike statements in his journal.
    But then why would Alex leave his journal for Bobby and Craig (?) to find if he put Molish statements in there? He says he doesn't take that many notes or write that much in his journal. Also, we don't know if each player was represented during the challenge. There may have been repeats of the same people's comments.

By relying on stupid clues, Mark could be the mole. The whole journal 11/11th jump thing, Jon eating an apple (teacher), baby crying (father/expectant father or something, I forget), and school bells do sorta seem like the lame clues they used in Season 2. He also had some moley moments, like flinging off his clothes right away in Dress Code and then not wanting to participate. So uh yeah. That.

FORT Newbie

Based on the Who said that conversation, I think the I hope it works this time coming from Alex directed twards Paul is just a reference to their coalition, they were hoping the plan (whatever it may be) worked for the next ellimination (maybe wanting a certain player to go to help them with their strategy or ellimination process). I don't think that is a very moley comment. Also the spoilers have Alex posting on his myspace before the end of filming, and this points to him being a mid-to-late game boot. Clay would definately say that Alex is taking control b/c his coalition with Mark will eventually have to oppose the Alex/Paul one, so Alex is a big threat to Clay (If he is not the mole). I think the teacher references are a good lead, bc that's the kind of thing they did in seasons 1&2, and thats the format they are trying to go back to.

The spoilers also had Victoria as the Mole.
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

Quote Originally Posted by 6.02x10^23;3072095;
    Bleh, I hate how the Mole's journal is written. It's all snarky and vicious sounding, as if the Mole actually hated everyone else's guts.

As for the clue... I'll wait for the episode and then think about it.
    I haven't read the Mole's journal yet, but if you see the deleted scene with Alex a while back he was being VERY Snarky and vicious saying F*^# Y*@ and giving the camera the finger and going on about all of the contestants. I thought this was a little strange when I first saw it, but now that you say that it makes me wonder!!

LG.

I watched that Alex video and thought it seemed very fake. The Alex we've seen on the show seems very controlled and not wildly emotional, and that video was the opposite. Now Paul dropping the f-bomb and shrieking about how frustrating the show is - that is more in "character" for what we've seen.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

FORT Newbie

I think that viewing the mole's journal will be helpful in ruling suspects out.

Paul is out b/c he didn't play the soccer game (Journal 4/9)

and was it me or did the journal have a good bye letter to ali, but now it's gone? And it said something about being blindfolded in the luge challenge.

that rules out nicole, mark, craig.

that leaves the suspects as: ALEX, KRISTEN, CLAY (of course all of the biggest suspects left right?)
    so I went through and added up all of the money that was directly blocked by each suspect so far (and also added notes of further suspisions)...

ALEX: has a coalition with paul, so paul probably doesn't think alex is the mole, so if paul is unexpectedly ellimanated, that puts alex in a more suspisious position. Alex missed the money in the falls mission($10,000), missed all but one of the fruits in the luge mission($12,000), got his question wrong in the who said that mission($2,000). TOTAL: $24,000

CLAY: coalition with mark, if mark is unexpectedly elliminated, clay would be the prime suspect. Clay and bobby recieved no money after being dq'd in the lunge mission($14,000), didn't participate in the naked mission($5,000), on the selfesh team that took less bricks(?). TOTAL: $19,000+

KRISTEN: no coalition, seems kind of distant from other players, if not the mole probably one of the last players left (I'm guessing she'll beat out nicole eventually and be the final female). Recieved exemption and prevented money added to the pot in E2 ($35,000), Kristen's team didn't find any of the pigs (probably Bobby's fault but maybe...)in the pigs fly mission(?), on the selfesh team that took less bricks(?), also left 2 bricks to carry the scale($50). TOTAL: $35,500+

so KRISTEN (if the mole) has been more effective than ether CLAY or ALeX (directly anyway) looking at the hard evidence, however we are still only on episode 4 and there's plenty of season left for the others to become more suspisious. (NOTE: MARK would have directly prevented more money than Kristen because of their exemption($35,000) and the non participation in the naked mission($5,000), left 4 bricks behind to carry the scale ($1,000), making his direct TOTAL: $41,000 and would make the prime suspect at this point if not for that jurnal entry that is no longer available)
    [did i dream that mole journal entry or something? b/c the MARK thing kind of makes me think]

+ Reply to Thread