+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Jon Kelley - Host

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar

Jon Kelley - Host

Jon Kelley - Host

Jon Kelley co-hosted "Extra's" one-hour weekend edition and was the show's primary correspondent for the daily show from 2001 through 2007. In December, he co-hosted ABC's "Holiday with the Stars" and just recently co-hosted ABC's "All-star Tribute to Movies" on Oscar Sunday. Kelley's diverse broadcast career has spanned over 15 years in news, sports and entertainment.

Before joining "Extra," Kelley served as the main anchor for the Fox Sports Network's "The National Sports Report," and the lead anchor for the weekly series, "Baseball Today." Prior to Fox, Kelley was the lead sports anchor on the NBC owned-and-operated station WMAQ-TV in Chicago.

During his eight years in Chicago, Kelley was widely regarded as one of the region's top sports anchors and directors, covering the World Championship Bulls in all six of the team's title seasons. In addition to his nightly sportscasts, Kelley hosted the number one rated "Sports Sunday," WMAQ-TV's half-hour, expanded sports highlights program. There he shared the anchor desk with some of the city's most dynamic sports and entertainment personalities, including NBA rebounding star Dennis Rodman and "Tonight Show" host Jay Leno. Kelley joined WMAQ-TV as a sports reporter and weekend anchor in April 1991.

While at WMAQ-TV, Kelley was part of a sports team that earned such prestigious awards the Chicago/Midwest Emmy award for producing and anchoring his hour-long special highlighting the Chicago Bulls' quest for a fifth championship. Kelley also received the Peter Lisagor Award for Sports Journalism and an Illinois Broadcasters Association Silver Dome Award for Best Sportscast.

Kelley has also done stints as a sports reporter and weekend sports anchor at WDAF-TV, Channel 4, the Fox affiliate in Kansas City, Missouri, and worked as a news reporter at KMTV-TV in Omaha, Nebraska. He began his career as a weekend sports anchor and reporter at KTIV-TV in Sioux City, Iowa.

Born and raised in Lincoln, Nebraska, Kelley played four seasons as a running back for the University of Nebraska before graduating with a Bachelor of Arts degree in broadcast journalism. He signed as a free agent with the Denver Broncos in 1988 before embarking on a broadcasting career.

Kelley is the co-author of the book "Breaking Into Broadcasting," a guide to landing one's first (or next) on-air job in television.

Official site: The Mole - Host and Contestant Bios - ABC.com
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

Re: Jon Kelley - Host

Hello. I think I can handle watching this host.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

I liked him on Extra but find it hard to watch those entertainment shows because they sensationalize every.little.thing.
    They always all have the same "EXCLUSIVE FOOTAGE".

I think he's a good choice for host and look forward to seeing him in a setting where he doesn't have to emphasise how dramatic everything is.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Hello is right. I was an Anderson Cooper fan but I think they've done a fine job picking a new host.
    "I miss Darva Conger." - Phonegrrrl

It's funny, at first glace the photo above reminds me a great deal of Anderson Cooper. I don't know how to decribe it but it has the same feel.
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar

Yeah, he's definitely a fine looking specimen.
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

There is definitely an Anderson Cooper feel to him. I will miss Cooper, but this is a fine replacement..looks wise anyways. Hopefully he's a good host for the show.

Bopping to my own beat! realityluver's Avatar

Anderson Who???? I couldn't wait for the show to begin before... now I really can't.
    Phenomenal woman... that's me!!!

Cool! I'm not familiar with him, but he definitely looks appealing I'm so anticipating this show!

If he wasn't African American, he could almost pass for Anderson Cooper's twin. Same eyes, same smirk, I hope he has the same attitude & snarkiness. Physically, I'd say they made a great choice.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast