+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: The Mole returns!

FORT Fogey

The Mole returns!

This news makes me so happy!!!

''The Mole'' returning to ABC | The Mole | Television News | News + Notes | Entertainment Weekly
    (FROM VARIETY) The Mole is returning to ABC for the first time in four years. The network has placed a 10-episode order to Stone & Co. Entertainment (Tim Gunn's Guide to Style), and casting and pre-production are already underway, with shooting scheduled to start this spring for a run this summer. An ABC executive said the network planned on reviving the reality competition series even before the writers' strike. The first two editions of The Mole, which aired in 2001 and 2002, earned ABC's top ratings among adults 18-34 for both years. ABC also ran two seasons of Celebrity Mole in 2003 and 2004. The resurrected show will return to the original format, without celebrities, though there will be small tweaks. ''We simplified it to where the people at home can play along,'' said Stone & Co. principal Scott Stone. ''And the quiz will be much shorter than in the past.'' No host has been chosen yet. Anderson Cooper hosted the first two editions, and Ahmad Rashad hosted the celebrity versions. (Variety)

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Re: The Mole returns!

I'm excited to hear this too Veruka...its also where I first fell in love with Anderson Cooper!!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Yes! I want to be on this show, too - have they filmed it? I love the Mole!
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

FORT Fogey

It says that casting is underway, which means its not done yet. Go Hepcat, go! If you get on the show, and let everyone else know you're the moderator of a reality tv internet forum, that HAS to lead other participants to think you're the mole, doesn't it?

This is fantastic news. This is one of my most favorite reality tv shows. Next to TAR I think it's 2nd. The thing I really enjoy about both of them is that it's more up to them individually how they do than on vote-off shows. Luck plays some part as well as fate, but otherwise it's more performance based. I will be anticipating this show.

FORT Fogey

I agree with you. I also like the fact that with The Mole, you can play along at home to a degree.

I'm glad this is going to be on. It is entertaining and interesting, not a trainwreck love show.
    Yup, with donuts!!

I was so excited when I read this online. This is one of the first reality shows that I really loved. I love that you have to use your mind!! It's so appealing to me and I never understood how it just sort of vanished.

^That was the face I made the whole time I was reading that article. I never thought that the Mole would come back. But I'm so happy it is! It's actually the very first reality show that I got in to.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

This is fantastic news! I loved the Mole!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast