+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: The Mole returns!

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

Re: The Mole returns!

my dvr doesn't show any mole episodes other than the new series either.

I've got a gorgeous hubby simplechef's Avatar

There was a preview last week or so, and I wish I had DVR'd it so I could figure out who was seen. it would be great to look through the preview to see who is featured to identify who might go home early...(for those who slueth the bachelor this is a tried and true prediction method).

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

would a commercial or preview shown during a different tv show really be considered a spoiler?

what are you watching? iguanachocolate's Avatar

bfd, i don't count those as spoilers, but you might want to talk about it in our new speculation thread.
    Last edited by iguanachocolate; 05-20-2008 at 03:25 PM.

FORT Newbie

i would like a room for not spoilers just speculation! i think that is what this show is all about... not wanting to know who actually the mole is.... but talking about all the clues and who you think it is... not who you know it is...

what are you watching? iguanachocolate's Avatar

ask and mariner gives it to you...

Can I just say that I am really glad this show is coming back... and that it's nice to see that it has a majority of players at least 24 years old.

It will be nice to see a variety of ages that will (hopefully) be mature enough to act properly toward each other. I'm so looking forward to this show even more just for that reason - ABC didn't decide to go with the young and hot dynamic. Everyone looks great - but they're not a majority of 20-somethings.

I'm looking forward to giving this another try. I watched Season 1, and Season 2 until it was yanked. Then I saw the celebrity versions.

I can NEVER figure out who the Mole is, it never seems obvious to me and I'm amazed when the players, much less the viewers, figure it out. So any help from people here would be greatly appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by snooky;3016907;
    I'm looking forward to giving this another try. I watched Season 1, and Season 2 until it was yanked. Then I saw the celebrity versions.

I can NEVER figure out who the Mole is, it never seems obvious to me and I'm amazed when the players, much less the viewers, figure it out. So any help from people here would be greatly appreciated!
    This is one of the shows that I really enjoyed and hope they still continue to make it a contest that uses your intellect so you can try and find out who the mole is. I've read they've made it easier for the players at home to try and figure out who the mole is, but I hope that's not expanded to the contestants. Not as much fun that way - though I have wondered if they've ever considered what if someone figured out who the mole was before the final ep.

I lucked out, and had three of the four right. Had Katherine nailed as the first mole after the second episode, and Bill (Season 2) just before it was put on hiatus. Frederique Van Der Wal I figured out pretty quickly (the "Wild Wild West" hint actually helped cement it).

Angie, however, was the only one I didn't figure out. I actually thought it was the guy from "Hangin' with Mr. Cooper." She was probably the most successful of the four.

Katherine's was the most interesting, because if I remember right, she almost had to be removed from the game. She was prone to fainting, and actually did in an episode (the one where they test the contestant's fear factor). At the final episode chat, when they found out she was the mole, Anderson asked if her faint was real or not (staged to try and sabotage the players). She said no, and said that the first contest where they jumped tandem from a plane, she nearly passed out and they had to almost pull her. Fortunately, they didn't, and she did a great job overall.

The only one who didn't do that great of a job was Bill, but he did a good job keeping money out of the pot. Heather had him figured out, but her mistake was telling the eventual winner of the show who she thought the mole was. Then again, had the one contestant not taken the bribe, the winner wouldn't have won because she'd been eliminated.

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock;3017286;
    This is one of the shows that I really enjoyed and hope they still continue to make it a contest that uses your intellect so you can try and find out who the mole is. I've read they've made it easier for the players at home to try and figure out who the mole is, but I hope that's not expanded to the contestants. Not as much fun that way - though I have wondered if they've ever considered what if someone figured out who the mole was before the final ep.

I lucked out, and had three of the four right. Had Katherine nailed as the first mole after the second episode, and Bill (Season 2) just before it was put on hiatus. Frederique Van Der Wal I figured out pretty quickly (the "Wild Wild West" hint actually helped cement it).

Angie, however, was the only one I didn't figure out. I actually thought it was the guy from "Hangin' with Mr. Cooper." She was probably the most successful of the four.

Katherine's was the most interesting, because if I remember right, she almost had to be removed from the game. She was prone to fainting, and actually did in an episode (the one where they test the contestant's fear factor). At the final episode chat, when they found out she was the mole, Anderson asked if her faint was real or not (staged to try and sabotage the players). She said no, and said that the first contest where they jumped tandem from a plane, she nearly passed out and they had to almost pull her. Fortunately, they didn't, and she did a great job overall.

The only one who didn't do that great of a job was Bill, but he did a good job keeping money out of the pot. Heather had him figured out, but her mistake was telling the eventual winner of the show who she thought the mole was. Then again, had the one contestant not taken the bribe, the winner wouldn't have won because she'd been eliminated.
    I really don't want them to make it easier because I figured out all four eventually, though I had doubts about all but Katherine. Still, had someone told me up front who the Mole was, I would have watched anyway to see the challenges and how the contestants did in determining the Mole's identity. This show has some classic challenges, like the Tiny Bubbles overnight challenge with Bribs.

I'm rewatching the first Celebrity Mole, and in the first two episodes, Frederique would consistently alternate between contributing and sabotaging, which was a good strategy at that point since there was really only one blatant instance of sabotage (under the waterfall) and she could have talked her way out of that had anyone confronted her. It did eventually become obvious. I think the two celebrity editions played on some Hollywood stereotypes: the male as the protagonist and the female as the sidekick (therefore having a woman be the protagonist went against expectations), and having the strong personality being the protagonist (Frederique was awfully quiet compared to the actors in her season; Angie less so, but that group was quite over-the-top).

My understanding is that the two men at the end of Season 1 (the winner and runner-up) figured out Katherine pretty quickly and formed an alliance to protect her identity by behaving mole-ish themselves. Does anyone know if they have a back-up Mole to take over if the original Mole were to become incapacitated or something? Anyway, other contestants protecting the identity of the Mole, whether they be right or wrong, adds to the confusion, which is one of the things I like about this show.
    Bring on The Mole!

+ Reply to Thread