+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: The Mole returns!

The Mole Returns to ABC

Here is some good news as far as Iím concerned.

''The Mole'' returning to ABC | The Mole | Television News | News + Notes | Entertainment Weekly

'The Mole' Returning to ABC
    (FROM VARIETY) Ė The Mole is returning to ABC for the first time in four years. The network has placed a 10-episode order to Stone & Co. Entertainment (Tim Gunn's Guide to Style), and casting and pre-production are already underway, with shooting scheduled to start this spring for a run this summer. An ABC executive said the network planned on reviving the reality competition series even before the writers' strike. The first two editions of The Mole, which aired in 2001 and 2002, earned ABC's top ratings among adults 18-34 for both years. ABC also ran two seasons of Celebrity Mole in 2003 and 2004. The resurrected show will return to the original format, without celebrities, though there will be small tweaks. ''We simplified it to where the people at home can play along,'' said Stone & Co. principal Scott Stone. ''And the quiz will be much shorter than in the past.'' No host has been chosen yet. Anderson Cooper hosted the first two editions, and Ahmad Rashad hosted the celebrity versions. (Variety)

Re: The Mole Returns to ABC

WAHOOO!!! Yeah, I found an article about this a couple of days ago, but haven't had time to come here to post it. Thanks for posting! I think this ROCKS, but the only thing I'm not happy about is that my Anderson Cooper eye candy will not be hosting. Bummer!

Thank you ABC!!!!

Kicked out of the hive dzzyedge's Avatar

YES! I loved watching the Mole...I watched every season.

I'm very excited to hear that it's coming back.

Quote Originally Posted by vanillalatte;2750182;
    WAHOOO!!! Yeah, I found an article about this a couple of days ago, but haven't had time to come here to post it. Thanks for posting! I think this ROCKS, but the only thing I'm not happy about is that my Anderson Cooper eye candy will not be hosting. Bummer!

Thank you ABC!!!!
    I loved Anderson Cooper on this show, but CNN won't let him forfeit his journalistic integrity for a reality show.

Love the show, love the fact that it's going to be non celebrity again.

Tiny Bubbles in the wine....

Soooo happy for this news...and I agree....I'll miss Anderson, he can't moonlight from his other job?
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

I am so happy to hear this. Even happier to hear its not going to be a celebrity edition.
    So I wonder who the new host will be. I never did like Rashad. I think a good choice would be Corben Bernstein.

FORT Fogey

This is excellent news! I hope they find a host with the calm, understated presense of Anderson Cooper. That contributed to the show tremendously.

FORT Fogey

Wow! This show was so underrated! I'm so excited. I want to join the next one!

Re: The Mole returns!

Tim Gunn would make a great new host but I doubt that would happen seeing as how Bravo is affiliated with NBC.

I loved the original mole, especially with Anderson Cooper. Wasn't too crazy about the Celebrity version, but watched it anyway.

Can't wait for this to come back on!

+ Reply to Thread