+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anderson??

Did he host the first Mole? Or did he just come into the picture for the Mole 2?

Anderson did both of the first Moles.

I think he must have been very disappointed when ABC postponed the second series after just a couple of shows.
    "That's Numberwang!"

From what little I've read about his situation, right after Mole 2 finished taping, he jumped networks to CNN. Because of the switch, I think he felt that it was a more serious news network than he'd been on, and it might be competing with his "real job". But I'm sure that ABC almost canning the second series helped the decision-making process

I wish I could remember what station he used to be on...

The ironic thing is that the ABC and CNN news divisions almost merged recently, but that deal has fallen through. The merge might have saved his ability to host.

Sadly, he chose to jump to a losing team, as CNN is now firmly behind FoxNews in the ratings race, this despite being carried on more cable systems. MSNBC is a blip, nothing more.

Of course, that whole news race is a little anti-climatic in the big picture, as the top rated Fox Show, O'Reilly draws about 1/5 to 1/8 of a typical primetime show, and O'Reilly dominates his nearest cable competitors.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

I watch CNN quite a bit, but I have a hard time with all of the little streamers and popups and stuff. I'm a multi-tasker, but dayum, just show me the news and forget about that other stuff.

The first station to do that will have my undying devotion.

And I never watch Fox News. I can't stand their "morning show", or Bill O'Reilly.

Anyone who thinks that their opinion is gospel, and anyone who believes otherwise is stupid is stupid.

tell us what you really think John!

I find Fox to be a good balance against the bias in the Clinton News Network... somewhere in between is usually where the truth is I think.

I would agree that anyone who completely buys the line from any of these networks is being foolish.

These are not bastions of integrity trying to fill their role as the protector of the people. These are large corporations trying to acquire ratings so they can sell ads for as high a rate as possible.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

Bill, you've hit the nail on the head there, for sure.

No one reports with integrity and non-bias and has an audience, and no one without an audience is in business for long

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12