+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Celebrity Mole Host - Ahmad Rashad

Celebrity Mole Host - Ahmad Rashad

The host for this edition of the show will be Ahmad Rashad:

[IMG]images/user/ahmad_rashad_mole_host.jpg[/IMG]

Ahmad (whose former name was Bobby Moore, before he converted to Islam) is an infamous ex-Minnesota Viking player, and currently host of "Real TV".

Hmmm, why infamous?
    "That's Numberwang!"

LG.
    I have no clue and I live in Minnesota. I don't even remember hearing mentioned as being a former Viking and they yak on and on about former Vikings all the time here. Did he end some other players career with a dirty hit? I can't imagine he would have been welcomed in the broadcast booth if that was the case. What else makes a football player "infamous"?
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

Sorry, infamous was my word. He actually had a pretty decent career...

LG.
    ah, so infamous in the he was "in" the Vikings (thus not the Lions, but a division rivals) and he was "famous" - thanks for the explanation John.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

In the early 1970s, he played pro football for St. Louis, Buffalo (where he teamed up with O. J. Simpson), and Seattle, before joining the Minnesota Vikings (and Fran Tarkenton) in 1976. One career highlight that Ahmad will always be remembered for is "the Miracle Catch." This one went for a 50-yard completion from Fran Tarkenton after it bounced off five other receivers and defenders-- and after time had expired on the clock. That desperation pass and catch defeated the Cleveland Browns and gave the Vikings the NFC Central Division title in 1980.
    He is a 4-time Pro-Bowler as well. His career ended with an injury, but he had already decided it would be his last year and that he would make a jump to the broadcast booth. He has since covered the NBA and the Olympics, has published an autobiography named "Vikes, Mikes, and Something on the Backside"...

An unforgettable highlight of his broadcasting career, which was witnessed by 40,000,000 viewers of a pre-game show before a New York Jets-Detroit Lions football game at the Pontiac (MI) Silverdome, was his daring on-camera proposal to Phylicia on Thanksgiving Day of 1985. Fortunately, she did not make Ahmad "look like a turkey," as he had feared, but said "Yes" by satellite feed before a nation of well-wishers.

LG.
    now Fran Tarkenten is mentioned every weekend during the Vikings highlights, and everytime Brett Favre is mentioned as being the number 3 touchdown passer in all time they point out that Frannie was number 2 (and Dan Marino was number 1).

I remember watching Ahmad play. He was a good receiver!. Of course I also remember when Ken Houston of the Redskins knocked him out in one game with a forearm to the top of the helmet. Ahmad was diving for a ball, Ken came in from the other side and Wham!!! he was out for about 10 seconds.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" -- Steve Parker

Help feed a dog or cat http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...s/CTDSites.woa

Could he bug me ANY more??? I don't think so. What a frickin' moron. Bring back Anderson!!!

He doesn't bother me at all.
    I don't think he's a good fit for this show, but with Anderson leaving the only person I would have wanted to see do it was Phil from TAR.
    "That's Numberwang!"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast