+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How much does the mole get paid?

He activates my yummy!!!! yourefired's Avatar

How much does the mole get paid?

Does anyone know? I don't think they ever said in the Hawaii series. Do they also get the 250 g's?

No, I don't think they get as much as the winner. I believe I remember hearing that the mole gets the same amount as 2nd place does.

He activates my yummy!!!! yourefired's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff321
    No, I don't think they get as much as the winner. I believe I remember hearing that the mole gets the same amount as 2nd place does.
    Then why agree to be the Mole? You could win it and get a lot more money if you do. Of course, you could go home early and get nothing. But I'd think there's be more of an incentive to being the mole than the sure cash of 2nd place. I think the mole should get paid as much as the winner (or relatively close) because they're really working hard to be deceptive but not in an obvious way.

Is the mole's second place prize as lopsided as Big Brother's (450,000 difference)? That would stink!

FORT Fan
    If they got as much as the winner gets, then why would they try to sabotage the missions?
    "It is my belief, however, that the truth is generally preferable to lies..."

If you agree to be the Mole, then you're guaranteed money, as well as screen time right to the last episode. These folks love their screen time.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

Personally I'd rather be the Mole than a contestant - no matter how big/small the paycheck is. I think it would be fun to try and fool everyone the entire time. And on non-celebrity mole, you'd get to travel to all of the locations, play in all of the games, and never have to worry you might miss part of the trip because you got executed.

you are at least Guarranteed 2nd place money. Thats better than trying like hell to at least make it to the end of the show.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" -- Steve Parker

Help feed a dog or cat http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...s/CTDSites.woa

Since the contestants' objective is to add to the pot and the Mole's objective is to prevent them from doing so, I think the Mole's payout should somehow be inverse to the winner's pot--or at least tied to the games he/she sabotages.

The Mole also is supposed to fool the others, so the Mole's payout also should be tied to how poorly the others do on the quiz.

If the Mole got a flat payment, there wouldn't seem to be much incentive to do a good job.

I'd be interested in knowing how the Mole actually was paid.

I would think one objective of being the mole is to have bragging rights at the end of the game i.e. "I screwed up so many games and lost money from the pot and they never knew that I was the mole" sorta thing.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" -- Steve Parker

Help feed a dog or cat http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...s/CTDSites.woa

FORT Newbie

Re: How much does the mole get paid?

I think the Mole gets paid what he/she is able to successfully sabotage. If there is any variation to this I would guess that it is what he/she can sabotage up to $100,000. This is kind of what NDCAVE was saying above.

From the mole, this is what was said about Craig and money.

"Craig did a fantastic job as the mole, sabotaging well over $100,000 from being added to the pot, and doing it in a way that kept him off almost everyone's suspect list."

I guess anyone can see themselves hanging on long enough to sabotage $100K and thus guaranteeing a decent one-time salary take. Seeing all that could go wrong watching the Mole for the first time here, I would jump at the opportunity to be the mole if presented with it, over competing for the big prize.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast