+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Playa Del Carmen

Playa Del Carmen

I just had to come here and post a quick blurb, I just watched the show (thank goodness for DVR, this is on WAY too late for me )

My husband and I spent our honeymoon at Playa Del Carmen and what a nightmare that was. Now if you are looking for culture and reality of Mexico, by all means, go to Playa Del Carmen... But we were much too naive about what the accomodations would be like so I think that's why we ended up so miserable.

Great for a cultural experience trip, bad for a honeymoon

Just FYI for anyone thinking to themselves "This looks like a five star hotel!, Honey, we should go here for Valentine's Day"

Public Service Announcement #69
    They serenaded the newest champs in this city of champs, and taunted Kobe Bryant and his Lakers, who drowned in a green-and-white wave for 48 minutes.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by GingerLVNV
    I just had to come here and post a quick blurb, I just watched the show (thank goodness for DVR, this is on WAY too late for me )

My husband and I spent our honeymoon at Playa Del Carmen and what a nightmare that was. Now if you are looking for culture and reality of Mexico, by all means, go to Playa Del Carmen... But we were much too naive about what the accomodations would be like so I think that's why we ended up so miserable.

Great for a cultural experience trip, bad for a honeymoon

Just FYI for anyone thinking to themselves "This looks like a five star hotel!, Honey, we should go here for Valentine's Day"

Public Service Announcement #69
    Where is this comapred to Cancun? The hut village looked like the Club Med at the south end of Cancun near the reefs.
    I thought someone even mentioned Cancun during the taxi game?

Overload in Colorado

Quote Originally Posted by Overload
    Where is this comapred to Cancun? The hut village looked like the Club Med at the south end of Cancun near the reefs.
    I thought someone even mentioned Cancun during the taxi game?

Overload in Colorado

You would fly into Cancun to get there, its sort of a 'high class suburb' of Cancun actually. You actually go through a gate to get to most of the hotels, I guess it keeps out the locals?? I was reading the post about where they are staying, the XCaret is kind of like a water park, we did not go there during our stay (we were too sick to do much of anything) but I heard it was beautiful.
    They serenaded the newest champs in this city of champs, and taunted Kobe Bryant and his Lakers, who drowned in a green-and-white wave for 48 minutes.

FORT Fogey
    Isn't this interesting? When we went to Mexico, we spent half our vacation in Cancun - which we found to be not much different than Ft. Lauderdale - and half our time in Playa del Carmen. I loved it there! I thought it was heaven, although by the time we got there I had sun poisoning and there was NO ocean breeze to cool it down so the 90 plus degrees actually felt like 110. Different people, different perspectives...

(San Miguel was pretty damned interesting too...)

Playa del Carmen. Carmen as in Carmen Electra? Meaning Dennis Rodman is the MOLE? lol

Mark, that's just what my pal GeorgeW#1 said to me the other day
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

+ Reply to Thread