+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: 01/07 Show Discussion **Spoilers until 2am**

I didn't understand that either John.
    She could have got everyone in the water in a single swoop.

I wondered if I'd missed something about a time limit and she had to get people in the water before dinner ended, but I guess not from your post.
    Strange and suspicious Keisha.
    "That's Numberwang!"

She had until midnight to get everyone in the water. It was 10:30 when she made her move.

Nerds Just Wanna Have Fun Boredom's Avatar
    Well, after carefully watching this episode, I have decided the the mole was supposed to get journal 2, but didn't. Looking just at who's there as far as gender and race go (two white males, females, two black males, females,) and how the challenge was set up so easily to sabatoge. Also, I noticed that Curry waited a second (in which time Kiesha picked up the second journal) and first put his hand near where the number two journal had been, then moved and ended up picking the number 7. Also, Curry didn't exactly go to the water, but rather the water came to him.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    I thought it was 11:00 when she started making her move for the water, John.
    Either way..I don't think it's too big of a deal about that, cause honestly...I'd of wanted to SKIP dinner altogether in hopes of getting it done in time! Who woulda thunk it would have been so easy to get someone to skinnydip?? If it wasn't for Angie, I highly doubt anyone would have done it.

Anywho...by my own "armchair" sleuthing/FBI learnings and ideas... The Mole is Mark. Why did he come out into the hall while Baldwin & Tracy were talking? He came out, complained about the cameras, made a joke about the maid being there and went back in his room. --odd--

Dennis is really annoying me..not to mention he grosses me out.

I miss the NON-celebrity Mole also, as well as the host. But this'll do, I suppose.
    I'm glad to see we have enough fans of the show to keep conversations going!
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

I think Dennis is the mole. I'll be convinced if he makes it to the next round. Sorry, he's just to stupid to pass the quizzes if he's not the mole. I mean he said something like "i don't care who the mole is, i just want to make it to the finally 3 and take all the money". HELLO... you have to know who the mole is if you want to win, duh lol. But that would be dumb of the producers, because I wouldn't trust Dennis to keep such a big secret. oh and for all those people up there^, I miss Anderson too , maybe we should start a petition lol.
    all that shimmers in this world is sure to fade

Quote Originally Posted by John
    I think Keshia's the mole. Why didn't she just say, during dinner, "hey, after dinner I think I'm gonna take a swim in the full moon, anyone feel like joining me?"
    You know she would have got all the guys to go if noone else. Her explanation about dinner running late sounded very lame.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Maveno, you were right, it was 11pm when she finally got up. It was 10:30 when she started talking about "being sick", the lamest excuse to get people to skinny dip I've ever heard.

I don't think Keshia or Dennis or Angie is the mole. Here are my thoughts:

I think it took Keshia a long time to get folks in the water because she is somewhat quiet in large groups, and she probably just hung back and deliberated about how she would get people in the water. The whole time she was focused on that while everyone else made witty conversation (Keshia is witty too, but she seems to just smile and not enter into the large-group bantering). Have you ever been in a large group situation in which you haven't said very much yet? After some time passes, it becomes more and more difficult to finally say something. She probably would've been embarrassed to say, "Hey, everyone, you haven't heard very much from me at all tonight but let's all stop eating and go swimming!"

So she feigned sickness as a kind of last straw at getting at least one or two compassionate or restless people to take a walk with her.

I don't think the producers would choose such a sweet, unsuspecting character as the mole, because it's so tempting to think that she probably is the mole.

I don't think Angie is the mole because Ananda seemed to have pegged Angie as the mole and probably lost on account of Angie-centric responses. She seemed convinced she would go, whereas the others had a wait-and-see attitude. I think the others attempted to diversify their responses more, whereas Ananda chose only those responses which suited Angie as the mole, and so she received a 0 on her quiz.

I don't think Dennis is the mole because he's attempting to seem mole-like and uninterested. I think the producers would've offered him some strategic advice. He's just being silly when he says, "I just want to get to the Final Three." He's playing it cool so as to throw others off his game.

For the returning players, they've probably just seen where they could go with a different strategy. When Corbin seems paranoid, he seems to be doing it for everyone's amusement; it shows up as kind of a caricature of a paranoid person.

I think, aside from Ananda, if people are being detailed about tracking clues, they are playing it cool. Ananda was quite vocal, somewhat self-conscious, and kept detailed notes. That perhaps appeared to everyone as non-mole-ish behavior. So she served as an example to others of what not to do. I think that everyone who is not the mole wants to guess who the mole is without having others think they are obviously not the mole. If they are successful at being ambiguous, then they can throw off the others.
    Last edited by Shayla; 01-09-2004 at 12:52 AM.

FORT Newbie
    Hey! I was wondering if anyone happened to tape this show and could sell me a copy on DVD, VCD, or VHS. I recorded it but the tape was a dud and gave me a picture but very little to no sound. So, if you can help, please reply here or e-mail me a private message. Thanks in advance. Oh, and I will of course pay shipping costs and any other costs for helping me out!

Quote Originally Posted by dmwelker
    Hey! I was wondering if anyone happened to tape this show and could sell me a copy on DVD, VCD, or VHS. I recorded it but the tape was a dud and gave me a picture but very little to no sound. So, if you can help, please reply here or e-mail me a private message. Thanks in advance. Oh, and I will of course pay shipping costs and any other costs for helping me out!
    Welcome aboard dm!

Sometimes when my VCR heads are dirty, I end up with no sound on my tapes. But you can watch it with the closed captioning on, if your TV has it. It's a little annoying to have to read the whole episode, but better than missing it entirely.

Good point about Tracey Gold, mrcorkles. She probably did develop excellent deception skills with her bulimia, and I don't think you'll burn in hell for noting that. However, I hope the ABC executives burn in hell if they took advantage of it.

Gotta say, my 2 favs are Baldwin/Bernsen. I was sad that they left too early last time, so am really hoping that Corbin will turn out to be the mole and Stephen the winner. That way I'll get to enjoy them the entire game!
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

+ Reply to Thread