+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Corbin Bernsen

Bernsen's inner 'Mole'

Corbin Bernsen recalls watching the old "Divorce Court" show as a child, riveted by the raw emotions on display.

Today's reality shows aren't much different, the erstwhile "L.A. Law" star figures.

Mr. Bernsen, 49, should know a bit about reality television. He starred in last year's "Celebrity Mole" and does the honors once more for its sequel, "Celebrity Mole: Yucatan."

The new installments begin at 10 tonight on ABC.

He understands that some will see his reality-show side career as a step down from television series and feature work, but says he finds the mental challenges irresistible.

"It's not 'Fear Factor.' It's a real mind tease. That's why I went back," Mr. Bernsen says.

Both Mr. Bernsen and Stephen Baldwin return from last season's "Mole." The new faces include professional bad boy Dennis "The Worm" Rodman, "Growing Pains' " Tracey Gold, "The Cosby Show's" Keishia Knight Pulliam, former MTV video jockey Ananda Lewis, supermodel Angie Everhart and comedian Mark Curry ("Hangin' With Mr. Cooper").

Former NFL star Ahmad Rashad returns as ringmaster, guiding contestants through a series of physical and mental challenges. Of course, one of the six is secretly "the Mole," the player cast to disrupt the proceedings.

Being a return player hardly gave Mr. Bernsen an edge, he says.

"It was a disadvantage," he notes. "The most skilled person in the whole thing was Dennis Rodman. Any one skill you really want is animal instinct. He's got that. I learned why he was such a good rebounder. .. I just know that he could see a ball go up and know exactly where it'd come off the boards, and he's there."

"For all you know, he's thinking about strippers and Cancun," Mr. Bernsen says.

Mr. Bernsen understands the appeal reality shows possess.

"There's something live about it even though it isn't live," he says. "We like seeing real emotion."

That said, not every manufactured situation with a group of B-level actors can be a ratings hit.

A good reality show is like any other program, Mr. Bernsen says.

"It's got a setup, an activity, an Act II and Act III," he says which in the "Mole's" case is the "execution," where one player each week gets cut at the show's end.
    http://washingtontimes.com/entertain...4003-7341r.htm

Age 49?? I thought he was well into his 50s. What a surprise.

Wish I Had A FF Right Now Jughead Jones's Avatar
    Nice to see Corbin as paranoid as usual. Come on...Goldfish=Tracey Gold? Sheesh!

It really wouldn't surprise me that Corbs would be the Mole since he acted like such a poor sport last season...but I don't get that vibe from him.

You know, Corbin could be a brilliant Mole. All he has to do is continue his paranoid examining of clues everywhere and no one will suspect him of being the Mole. Although I don't think he acted very Moley during the lieing game or the taxi game...
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

I think he really lost it last night.

He was giving away his thoughts on who the Mole was throughout the game.
    Even though he got eliminated, he could still be right about the Mole, but just got too many questions wrong.

His mind seemed to be all over the place last night.
    Thought Mark was the Mole, thought Angie was.
    He overthinks things as likely misses real clues because he's looking so hard to find them where they don't exist.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Say it isn't so! Corbin was hilarious last night! I am really gonna miss him. He and Stephen really make the show. They are both SOOOO ridiculous. Someone should give them their own show. Hopefully they will still keep him around like they did last season!

Yeah, I think Corbin will be in the next challenge helping out. And Stephen will be there running his mouth like usual...which makes him so funny.

I meant to post this last night but I was busy trying to hang myself since Corbin got executed. Unfortunately the rope broke......

The saddest thing was when Ahmad walked him down the hall and said "I really don't like this walk." And Corbin replied "Well we won't be doing it again - that's a guarantee."

Corbin's the most entertaining thing about the show and he left too early last time too.

Now I have to pin my hopes on Baldwin. If he's out next week, I'm buying a stronger rope.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

I hope if they do a Celebrity Mole 3 Corbin is back...he is so fun to watch because he tries so hard to figure this out. Come on Corbin, play again!
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

I was truly sad to see him go. He seemed to be putting the pieces together...did he just get too stressed and lose his focus? He had a little temper flare up that took me by surprise, saying something to Keisha that had to be bleeped. He looked a bit on edge.

Corbin, you will be missed.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast