+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree42Likes

Thread: 7/7 MasterChef 5: Episode 7

Re: 7/7 MasterChef 5: Episode 7

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I like him, I don't know what it is, but I do.
    No need to hide, Fanny!
    "Everything you do matters. Every moment, every decision you make it affects the people around you it changes the world in a million imperceptible ways. No matter what your reality, you can make it better." -- Richard Castle

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I like him, I don't know what it is, but I do.
    Just for that, you're going into a pressure test, young lady! Make us a tasty tiramisu and perhaps we'll forgive you.

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    Just for that, you're going into a pressure test, young lady! Make us a tasty tiramisu and perhaps we'll forgive you.
    Sure, I can whip that up with time to spare!!
    football_chick and mushybrain like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    Did someone say tiramisu??? Funny you should mention that. I just walked down to the Italina bakery looking for tiramisu but was told that is a winter only dessert! They have a refrigerated case...sigh on wellers!

I like Courtney. She is playing the game. She is winning challenges & if that gets her the opportunity to prehaps get a better cook eliminated well good for her!

The name thing; my name is J-O-Y, a plain & simple name. I however get called Jay, Jan, Jon, Jo. It is to the point I just say like the song Joy To The World...that name! I don't get all huffy about it but then again I am not 18 so unless it is an offical document call me whatever.
    pikachu likes this.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

I think Cutter should have gone, instead or as well! I don't like him. I think Courtney did a god job with the pairings, I just can't stand to look at her and those bright lips. eww
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post
    Did someone say tiramisu??? Funny you should mention that. I just walked down to the Italina bakery looking for tiramisu but was told that is a winter only dessert! They have a refrigerated case...sigh on wellers!

I like Courtney. She is playing the game. She is winning challenges & if that gets her the opportunity to prehaps get a better cook eliminated well good for her!

The name thing; my name is J-O-Y, a plain & simple name. I however get called Jay, Jan, Jon, Jo. It is to the point I just say like the song Joy To The World...that name! I don't get all huffy about it but then again I am not 18 so unless it is an offical document call me whatever.
    I must have been picking up on your brain waves. It's a little scary how often that happens to me!

The other morning, I went to McDonalds for breakfast. I went through the drive-thru and had to pull up to wait on my hash browns. While I was waiting, I started humming a song and then I was like "Why am I singing that song? I don't even like it that much!"

I got my food, got a little down the road, and turned the radio on. That song was playing on the station I flipped to! Even weirder, it must have started around the time I was humming it to be at that spot.

I don't think I heard it coming from another car or in the restaurant so I guess I just picked up on the radio waves. Similar things have happened to me before.

Cutter should have been gone long ago in my opinion. He brings nothing to the show at all. I watch shows like this for the cooking and to hopefully learn new recipes and ingredients, not for the outrageous behavior issues which have pretty much turned me away from almost all reality shows.

Joe? I cannot stand to see or hear him, or do I think much of his opinions. Didn't think it was possible for me is dislike anyone more than Gordon Ramsey, but I do.
    pikachu likes this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Personally, I do hope this is the end of the feud between Leslie and Ahran. I don't mind them when they're like this. Courtney's really running with the mean girl thing, but not as much as Natasha did with it last season.

Dan and Cutter, though, that was an epic fail of big proportions. That being said, I don't blame Cutter for being so angry and vocal about it (Lord knows I can be quite the angry motormouth myself). The blame he gets is for not grabbing as many ingredients as he could, which would have been the smart thing to do, just in case. I see Dan as being the more guilty party, though, since we saw as soon as they got in the pantry that he made bad protein choices (Cutter pointing out they they wouldn't mesh well because they were booth lean) and, considering they didn't go anywhere with their choices, refused to consider Cutter's suggestions.

And yeah, I can't stand Joe either, never have, and neither does my best friend, who used to watch Lydia Bastianich's show and told me Joe was just as bad back then (and an attention hog to boot). I know competitive shows tend to have a "mean judge", but Joe is just so off-putting with his arrogance, self-entitlement and insults. That and his habit of throwing food in the trash makes me long for someone to grab food and throw it in his face. I was raised to not throw food away even if it wasn't well prepared, and at almost 32 years old, if my mother saw me throwing food to the garbage, she would destroy me.

I was practically screaming at the TV "DON'T TELL THEM WHO YOU DON'T WANT TO COOK WITH!!!" and then predictably, they all say who they don't want to work with.
    mushybrain and zookeepertx like this.

Have they ever followed through on their threat to eliminate more than one person in a single challenge? 5 regular seasons, they must've at some point.

I will say, at least they have the good sense to use reaction shots from different episodes' pressure tests.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast