+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
Like Tree151Likes

Thread: MasterChef Junior - News & Speculation

Re: MasterChef Junior

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    ...I've never thought that raw cabbage smells nasty; it does have a distinctively odd odor, though. Sulphur-like?
    Yup -- it's sulphur. Stinky-ish, but lots of health benefits.

I love seeing kids eat vegetables and fruits. I know adults who don't eat those things and have never been required to eat them. One of my friends never ate veggies or fruit, and he has a really crappy heart now that he is middle-aged.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

I could live on Golumpki! Yum!!
    Ellen likes this.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I looked up what it is, and it sounds very interesting! Have any of the kids made it?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I looked up what it is, and it sounds very interesting! Have any of the kids made it?
    Lol, that's Polish for stuffed cabbage. = )
    Ellen likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by sunshine3331 View Post
    I could live on Golumpki! Yum!!
    I grew up on that stuff! Yum, indeed!
    My mom and I make a cheat version unrolled gołumki. It has all the ingredients, but instead of doing all the rolling and tying, we layer it like a lasagna.
    sunshine3331 likes this.

Are we cabbaged out yet? Maybe you could take the recipes to the Food Forum?

Time to get back to the show discussion. Thanks.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    Are we cabbaged out yet? Maybe you could take the recipes to the Food Forum?

Time to get back to the show discussion. Thanks.
    ::looks around:: Oops! This *isn't* the food/recipes forum...
    (Sorry I get caught up in the content and forget to look at the title. Thank you for the gentle reminder!)

I am so impressed with every single one of these kids. It makes me wonder if their parents have cooking skill or if this is just a natural talent for the kids. I am teaching my granddaughters to cook by letting them help me when I cook, but I am no where near the talent that these kids possess.

I'm really loving this show and agree with whoever said that the "adult" contestants could learn some manners and good sportsmanship from these kids.
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I think the best thing you can teach children is the basics, how to safely use a knife, super-handwashing 101. Very basic stuff and let their interest take off....or not....from there. It either will or it won't!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Bit View Post
    I am so impressed with every single one of these kids. It makes me wonder if their parents have cooking skill or if this is just a natural talent for the kids. I am teaching my granddaughters to cook by letting them help me when I cook, but I am no where near the talent that these kids possess.

I'm really loving this show and agree with whoever said that the "adult" contestants could learn some manners and good sportsmanship from these kids.
    Hubby is the chef in our family, and he watched it on demand last night- he was blown away .He also loved seeing the softer side of the judges
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread