+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
Like Tree151Likes

Thread: MasterChef Junior - News & Speculation

Re: MasterChef Junior

I missed the beginning but these kids are amazing ! As young as 8 and know their way around the kitchen better than me, lol. Even the ones cut should be proud of themselves. The judges aren't overly harsh, which is good with such young fragile egos, and most of the children take being cut pretty well with a minimum of tears. Can't wait to see the next episode!
    Lil Bit likes this.
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

I loved the kid in the 2nd round, Joe said something like, "What do you think, Joe and Jack, you want to be my partner?" And the kid said, "No, I don't think so." Ha! The kids were cute, and I liked how they were rooting for each other...some of the parents, too. Even the crying one, I bought that it was the joy of being there. (Although she is very into winning...)

Like it so far because the method of eliminating didn't lend to too much drama. Crossing my fingers that they don't introduce the "advantages" and "strategy" that permeates the regular Master Chef. Just...give them a challenge, whoever doesn't do so good goes home. Maybe that's how all the shows should be...

FORT Fogey

I like this show. Very sophistocated dishes from kids this young. The Asian girl with the big red bow is adorable and I would put money on her to make it very far.

It was very easy to guess which ones did not advance. The only criticism they gave went to those who were eliminated.

I think these kids were told some of the ingredients that would be in the challenges. They have been told they could bring recipes for baking challenges. No one can make a cake without one, including experienced chefs. Same goes for fresh pasta. I always use recipes for these no matter how many times I have made them.

I had forgotten the show was on so only caught the last 15 minutes. I liked the little bit that I saw. Cute kids, kinder judging. I wonder if the parents will be watching the entire competition.
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend...never owned a dog.

I liked the kinder judging and the fact that they made it known to every kid just how talented they are. No plate throwing and disgusted looks... very nice. I was also amazed at how some of these kids can cook. Wow!
    Ellen likes this.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

I was very impressed with this first episode. All 24 children got a chance to show their chops, almost every dish was great even if it had flaws, the kids were overall likable and great sports, and only little Nathan and hyper Sarah were kind of annoying, but not enough to turn me off the show. The food looked amazing overall, and the judges were great too, they gave praise, but were honest without being unkind on things that didn't work out well on the dishes, they treated the children really well.

Overall, it was a great first episode, and I hope the rest of the competition continues as this, not only because it will be delightful to watch great cooking with no drama, and from children at that, but also because it'll help wash off the bad taste of the terrible fourth season of regular Masterchef.

On a side note, what the heck were the parents of the girl named Jewels thinking? I wonder if that's her real name, because her surname is Gold. Jewels Gold. That's the kookiest name I've heard in a reality competition for quite some time.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I'm hoping this will not be a "goo-goo-gaa-gaa" show. Not too cutesy. These kids should be treated with some respect and some maturity and not be coddled just because they were born. Hope their parents haven't ruined them yet.

I'm sure my opinion will not be too popular. I can't stand that "cootchie-cootchie-coo" stuff!
    Brooks likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

When Alexander first spoke, I thought of the stereotypical "rich British kid". Except he's not British. Very interesting.

FORT Fogey

On a side note, what the heck were the parents of the girl named Jewels thinking? I wonder if that's her real name, because her surname is Gold. Jewels Gold. That's the kookiest name I've heard in a reality competition for quite some time.
    My guess is her real name is Julia and she got that nick name. There have been some names much worse. One was Fashionette! She was on a game show years ago. A defendant on Peoples Court was Smurfette, much to the delight of Judge Milian (she was respectful though).

little Nathan and hyper Sarah were kind of annoying
    Nathan was eliminated and I was relieved. I think he would have been annoying. Not sure who Sarah is but if she is the Asian girl with the big red bow, I liked her.

I'm hoping this will not be a "goo-goo-gaa-gaa" show.
    By the looks of the first show, it won't be. I liked that all the judges spoke to them as if they were adults, no coddling at all. They were kind and respectful yet remained professional though a couple cried when eliminated.

These kids were prepared for how this was going to go and I am sure they met the judges ahead of time so they knew what to expect. Their parents will always be there, if not in the balcony, very close by to support them.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

Sarah is the blonde

+ Reply to Thread