+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast
Like Tree151Likes

Thread: MasterChef Junior - News & Speculation

Re: MasterChef Junior

I wonder if it is purposely on an early slot Friday evening so kids in general can watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Bit View Post
    I'm really loving this show and agree with whoever said that the "adult" contestants could learn some manners and good sportsmanship from these kids.
    Very much so, and not only manners and good sportsmanship, but also cooking tips as well. It's been a huge relief seeing all the girls with long hair tying it up before cooking, when in the recent season of the adult version, Natasha kept cooking with her huge mane of hair dangling all over the place and it drove me bonkers, I was genuinely surprised that the judges never found some hair in the food served by her.

I loved the opening of tonights episode. It was great fun seeing the oh so proper judges getting whipped cream dumped on their heads and then seeing them break out in a mini whipped cream food fight. I was nice seeing a lighter side to these very proper gentlemen.
    Lil Bit and Moontat like this.
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend...never owned a dog.

Quote Originally Posted by Photobabe View Post
    I loved the opening of tonights episode. It was great fun seeing the oh so proper judges getting whipped cream dumped on their heads and then seeing them break out in a mini whipped cream food fight. I was nice seeing a lighter side to these very proper gentlemen.
    Not on here yet, but I'm looking forward to seeing that!
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by Photobabe View Post
    Wasn't that fun! and the kids got right into it .Sarah yelling *whip like a man* and Daria saying she saw a different side to Sarah

They all did very well with a hard dish like Beef Wellington I adore Jack, well, actually I love them all - I want them all to win

Alexander is an extremely good cook for his age, so confident. I love this show
    Ellen and MsDiva2007 like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

I'm enjoying this season so far. The kids are all very talented and it's nice seeing the judges have fun with them for a change.

I think Alexander is the one to beat. But I'm afraid his victory may end up being too obvious, which could ironically hurt him. He's my pick.
    Fanny Mare likes this.

FORT Fogey

I was afraid that Dara would be eliminated having Sarah as her partner. Dara is my favorite. The editing did not show how much Dara helped her. My guess is probably quite a bit. She needed help on focusiong; she is a bit of a loose cannon. Her cheering the whipping contest was way over the top. She is a little too young for this show, I think. I would have loved to see what she made in the interview process to make her stand out above other older chefs. There is something there, for sure.

I felt badly for Roen. It was Jewels who overly salted the dish. Kids are very locked into things being fair so this must have been very frustrating for him.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Sara is "hammy", close to being a female Nathan, for me. She makes me a little crazy. I won't be sorry to see her leave, and it can't be soon enough. "Whip it like a MAN!"? I wanted to realign her.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Sara is "hammy", close to being a female Nathan, for me. She makes me a little crazy. I won't be sorry to see her leave, and it can't be soon enough. "Whip it like a MAN!"? I wanted to realign her.
    I knew it would come to this.

I don't see anything wrong with what she said.
    Florimel and spockwhat like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Rembrant View Post
    Very much so, and not only manners and good sportsmanship, but also cooking tips as well. It's been a huge relief seeing all the girls with long hair tying it up before cooking, when in the recent season of the adult version, Natasha kept cooking with her huge mane of hair dangling all over the place and it drove me bonkers, I was genuinely surprised that the judges never found some hair in the food served by her.
    I know. That always drives me CRAZY watching the contestants cooking with their long hair hanging down in front of them. Gross!!
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

+ Reply to Thread