+ Reply to Thread
Page 88 of 207 FirstFirst ... 38787980818283848586878889909192939495969798138188 ... LastLast
Like Tree1045Likes

Thread: MasterChef seasons 1-4

Re: MasterChef

Christine is absolutely amazing! Does anyone know the cause of her being blind? Was it from birth, or did it happen later?
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend...never owned a dog.

In Christine's own words: “It’s a very common misconception that people think blindness is all or nothing, it’s not true at all,” says Christine, who gradually lost her sight between 1999 and 2007 due to an autoimmune disease called Neuromyelitis optica. “From a medical standpoint, doctors call my vision ‘counting fingers.’ If you hold your hand 10 to 12 inches from my face, I could count your fingers as long as the lighting isn’t too dark or glaring. The way I often describe it is that it’s like if you take a really hot shower and then you look into the foggy bathroom mirror, where you only see vague shapes and shadows.”

I looked this up because I was quite certain that she wasn't completely blind. When she's up at the judging stand, you can see that her eyes are following the judge's faces, more so than you would expect a completely blind person to do following voices.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by causingchaos View Post
    I might be alone but I've been patiently waiting for Monti to get eliminated. This episode she really grated on me. Her emotional stuff just feels like an act to me and I hate watching it.
    I wasnt a fan of hers. I thought her over acting about everything, was annoying .I thought they were a bit hard on Becky, she puts enough pressure on herself. Frank is my fave
    bee stung lips likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I was waiting for Monti to go, too. She rubbed me the wrong way from the start. The tears and the mouth (I'm sorry, they want to present themselves as serious chefs and they cuss like truck drivers and sniffle and sob in front of the judges - it just seems unprofessional - this is not Big Brother).

I knew Christine wasn't completely blind - I do know most sight-impaired people retain some kind of vision. I'm glad that she has some sight. When Josh and Monti and Becky were making excuses last night, my husband kept saying, "Yeah, but the blind chick got it right!". I love tuna and I was cringing watching them butcher that poor fish.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

FORT Fogey

This is the only GR show I watch because I can not stand his yelling. I did notice that he is increasing his volume in the last couple of shows. During the in-kitchen test at the restaurant when he was the coordinator, I had to mute the sound. Worse still was last night when he was yelling "What is she doing?"..."Hurry up" like the contestants don't know what they have to get done. Annoying GR, tone it down for MC. Save it for anything with HELL in the title,.
    Florimel likes this.

Its funny cause I told my husband when the show started that I was surprised Monti was still there.... near the end I realized how prophetic those words were.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by AJane View Post
    I was waiting for Monti to go, too. She rubbed me the wrong way from the start. The tears and the mouth (I'm sorry, they want to present themselves as serious chefs and they cuss like truck drivers and sniffle and sob in front of the judges - it just seems unprofessional - this is not Big Brother).

I knew Christine wasn't completely blind - I do know most sight-impaired people retain some kind of vision. I'm glad that she has some sight. When Josh and Monti and Becky were making excuses last night, my husband kept saying, "Yeah, but the blind chick got it right!". I love tuna and I was cringing watching them butcher that poor fish.
    Basically she can see light and not just black. Other than that she really is blind. Because she had sight most of her life she turns her head toward the sound and knows that the face is right there. She cannot see any detail at all. You can tell when you watch her cut something.

FORT Fogey

I have a soft spot for Monti. She continually impressed me with her ability, especially last night when she made the Vietnamese soup, never having any exerience with Asian food at all! I hope someone sees this and helps her establish a food truck. She is an excellent cook.

I would love to see Christine win this. If she doesn't I bet Gordon has a place for her. Her pallet will be a good asset to him.

Becky's attitude is grating on me. She is good but a bit off putting for me.

Josh will probably go next. I was shocked he didn't last night. He had the advantage and failed.
    Kip, Florimel, AZChristian and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    I have a soft spot for Monti. She continually impressed me with her ability, especially last night when she made the Vietnamese soup, never having any exerience with Asian food at all! I hope someone sees this and helps her establish a food truck. She is an excellent cook.

I would love to see Christine win this. If she doesn't I bet Gordon has a place for her. Her pallet will be a good asset to him.

Becky's attitude is grating on me. She is good but a bit off putting for me.

Josh will probably go next. I was shocked he didn't last night. He had the advantage and failed.
    Oh Monti can cook very good, but she didn't seem to fit in on the Becky, Frank and Christine level.
    Shoepie likes this.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    Oh Monti can cook very good, but she didn't seem to fit in on the Becky, Frank and Christine level.
    I thought she was better than Josh .
    Florimel and Shoepie like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread