+ Reply to Thread
Page 87 of 207 FirstFirst ... 37777879808182838485868788899091929394959697137187 ... LastLast
Like Tree1045Likes

Thread: MasterChef seasons 1-4

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

Re: MasterChef

It's interesting how Josh went from one of my favorites to someone I can't wait to see gone. He shouldn't have been brought back and definitely should have been more humble when he was. If Frank hadn't went upstairs himself, he would have been a fool!
    Shoepie and Uncle David like this.

I still like Josh, but he won't win.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

I think we all pretty much know that it'll come down to Frank and Becky as the finalists. Becky's personality can grate on me sometimes but she is very, very good.
    And so is Frank.
    Either one winning is fine in my opinion because I think they both deserve it and I don't see any manipulations here in who the finalists are.
    Am glad David's gone...there was always this little mean streak in him....never liked that...like tonight when Josh received a negative comment from the judges, David would smirk.
    I really dislike that and he's done a lot of bad sportsmanship throughout the entire show. He's very lucky he got such a great job offer. I wouldn't hire him just because of his petty personality.

I think the final four are the best chefs on this show...I'm fine with Christine, Becky, Frank, and Josh...altho Josh is the only one I hope does not win....he simply is not as good as the other 3 and I personally do not like him as well as the others. Of course if we are to look at their attitudes and personalities Christine is the only one who has not grated on me (or other contestants) at one time or another and she is so talented. I would love to see her win, but will be happy with Becky or Frank since they are both very talented.

My favorite moment of the night - Christine doing so well with this sashimi challenge design and taste that Gordon leaned over and said "Am I being Punked?" (friendly tone of course ) and she chuckled and said no. I loved the fact too he followed this up with a huge compliment to her that she actually left him speechless. Joe's comment was lovely too.

Again - even if Monti did bad enough to be eliminated (I switched back and forth from "Face Off" and missed the elimination, but processed it from JenCos' post), I still maintain that anyone eliminated over Josh is sad because he was already eliminated and really shouldn't be there. I will be fine with Becky, Frank or Christine winning, I will not Josh because he would be worse than the Ghost Tribe of Pearl Islands - and one of their members end up being runner up that season.
    Florimel, MiaT2, Shoepie and 1 others like this.

I didn't like Josh's dish, but it was ballsy move to try and make the dish better

Well done to the F4 .Christine's smile lights up the room - what a delight she is!
    nanaslbkp likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Tonight, it was cool to see Christine do so well with the sashimi. I told Mom, I told her if Josh picked the sashimi, Christine would nail it and nail it she did. I was very happy about that.

The favoritism the judges have for Josh, though, it's so noticeable that it's just gross. They always heap praise upon him, they brought him back despite Mike and Stacey being amazing. And now this. This elimination stinks just as much as Felix's. Ever since Josh has been back, he has not been doing so well. This is his third time in the bottom since he was brought back. Monti, however, only ever faced two pressure tests, both from team challenges. When it came to individual stuff, this was actually her very first time on the bottom, and she has constantly been putting up good dishes and surprising with her skills. She often seems to fall just a teensy bit short of making it to the top of the heap, but she has done it.

Monti's track record was far better than Josh's. He was eliminated, came back, has been constantly in the bottom since returning, he messed up his advantage, and yet the judges still choose to keep him over Monti. Ugh. At least she remained the class act she's been since the beginning, humble and friendly, and I wish her the very best.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Christine, Frank and Becky have been my favorites from the beginning. However, tonight I was unhappy with Becky's attitude. I wonder if what other chefs have been saying about her is true. So... Go Christine and Frank!!
    Florimel, nanaslbkp and JohnnyK like this.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

I might be alone but I've been patiently waiting for Monti to get eliminated. This episode she really grated on me. Her emotional stuff just feels like an act to me and I hate watching it.

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    My favorite moment of the night - Christine doing so well with this sashimi challenge design and taste that Gordon leaned over and said "Am I being Punked?" (friendly tone of course ) and she chuckled and said no. I loved the fact too he followed this up with a huge compliment to her that she actually left him speechless. Joe's comment was lovely too.
    I loved this part too. The judges were clearly flabbergasted - you could hear Gordon say "Extraordinary" when they were first just looking at her dish. Even if she doesn't win, I hope these guys help her to do something (I don't know what) because it would be an incredible waste of amazing talent to have her return to her regular life after this show is done.

Joe was extra pithy this week first with his wine tasting comment to Christine and then his speech about sharing the journey with Monti.

And I don't know about you guys, but I was drooling every time they showed Frank's dessert dish. I wanted the judges to try it just so I could hear how it tasted. It looked DELISH!
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

+ Reply to Thread