+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 207 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161757107 ... LastLast
Like Tree1045Likes

Thread: MasterChef seasons 1-4

Re: MasterChef

As for the girl who never cooked pork before...
    Come on, a southern girl who never cooked a porkchop or bbq?
    Don't believeit.
    I don't object to the concept of a deity, but I'm baffled by the notion of one that takes attendance.
    Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur. Happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr...purr...purr.

Quote Originally Posted by MiaT2;4042427;
    That's what we were thinking!!

The chinese challenge was interesting but I would have liked to have heard the other judges' comments on the dishes as well as Ramsay's. I am surprised they kept Farouq over Sheena because it seemed that she displayed a little more creativity than he did. I knew Avis was toast.

As to the bulk feeding challenge - the one thing I was confused about, and can see how the teams would have been too is that it didn't seem well explained that the soldiers would be choosing which team's menu they preferred to dine from. So the team could have needed food for 50 or for 400. So the Blue team won because they didn't run out of food but they fed far fewer people ultimately????
    The Chinese challenge was kind of unfair because most people don't cook Chinese food and the Asian contestants really had an advantage over the others. As far as the challenge to feed the armed services people....I was thinking the same thing...the one team (red) did feed far more people than the other team (blue) and I think that even if they made alot more food than they did...they might have still run out. Although...I do think that they totally underestimated the amount of food they did make.

Quote Originally Posted by Maybaybie;4043709;
    I don't think it's odd that the contestants named 'chili powder' as one of the ingrediants-after all these are home cooks and they probably use chili powder in their chili. I'm sure half of them have absolutely no idea what a professional chef would use in a lot of things.
    Personally I am a horrible cook, and have never cooked for anyone other than my husband and the occasional unfortunate visitor, and I do use chili power (with an extra dash of cumin because chili power never seems cuminy enough to me), but even I know that professional chefs wouldn't use some prefab preparation in their meals. I would think that these people, with their kitchen ambitions, would at least know that.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Is it just me, or does anyone else find MasterChef rather boring? I swear I am really trying!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I watched it for 10 minutes
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

I would have thought Faruq was a frontrunner.

I dunno, I enjoy it a little more than the most recent Hell's Kitchen.
    I don't know man I don't know man I don't know man I don't know I don't know

FORT Fanatic

I just started watching this and it was nice not to see Chef Ramsey turning the air blue with his cursing. I don't think I will bother watching "Hell's Kitchen" any more because of that. I also got tired of seeing the participants smoking like chimneys when not in the kitchen.

I didn't think the Asian food challenge was fair. If people want Chinese food, they are more likely to go to a restaurant than cook it themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by quentcomps;4048344;
    I would have thought Faruq was a frontrunner.
    Really? Why? I don't think he's ever been shown as such. Even his audition barely scraped him through (probably more on the family) This was his second week in the bottom - both times for poorly cooked and poorly constructed dishes. I would have been mad had anyone else been eliminated over him.

I think Sharone is a real frontrunner. I don't recall his audition but he has been consistently delivering in performance and creativity. Plus, apparently he needs to market his BBQ sauce. That was a major part of what won the hamburger challenge and he also used his BBQ sauce recipe (same one? we don't know for sure) during the military feeding challenge and it was raved about then.

The Iron Chef bit was fun I thought. I liked how she and Sharone had their own separate cooking area and even kinda chatted and competed in a friendly way.

The sudden death elimination was the only part that made me scream. Who picks the hard stuff first??? The obvious method would be to choose all the ingredients you know right off the bat and then go for the harder stuff. I'd skip all the meat, herbs (except for rosemary) and leafy greens until then end. Who picks greens when you have catfish staring right at you??? Plus - the faux drama was interminable!!!

yeah, it's kinda boring, but i will watch ANY kind of food competition

i like how for the most part that the contestants support each other

i flip back&forth between this and BB

there is a guy on here who reminds me of Matt from BB

some of the challenges seem lame, but somehow these guys still FAIL

Graham looks like a cartoon character

and the itallian guy seems so fake. is he married to chef Lydia Bostiannich (sp)?

I don't find it boring at all - I love it. In fact, last night I didn't even bother flipping back and forth between it and BB (and once Matt leaves I won't bother watching BB even on Thursdays anymore). I've got Jake for the win, mainly because I like him best of those who seem to know their stuff. I am quite surprised, though, that as a former truckdriver he didn't seem to realize that truckdrivers like crappy food, as long as it's big and has a lot of junk on it. That old saw about eating at the truckstops where all the trucks are parked outside because they know where to get the good food is a load of nonsense. Before anyone thinks I'm being rude to truckdrivers, I'm married to one who, though a fussy vegetarian himself, knows full well the dietary habits of the average driver. I really like Mike, as well, but he fell quite short last week. And I like the little southern gal (can't recall her name), but I don't think she has the sophistication to win this thing.

Sharonne knows his stuff, but I hate him.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

+ Reply to Thread