+ Reply to Thread
Page 55 of 207 FirstFirst ... 5454647484950515253545556575859606162636465105155 ... LastLast
Like Tree1045Likes

Thread: MasterChef seasons 1-4

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

Re: MasterChef

Quote Originally Posted by lizardcat View Post
    Ah ha--I knew there had to be more to this Monti person. Googled her, and apparently she's a DJ and stand-up comic who has toured with, among others, Gilbert Gottfried and Bob Saget. "Monti" is a nickname, so her parents are off the hook.

How bizarre that they just list her as "stay at home mom"--?
    This annoys me. That's why she can be a "stay at home mom", because she makes a bundle doing stand-up with well-known comedians. Not exactly the situation that she is trying to get us to believe. She didn't impress me and I didn't like her much, but now, I really don't like her!

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Add It Up Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Touring with Bob Saget?

I'd prefer to say I was unemployed too.

Re Monti Carlo:
    See, just another contestant trying to play the "poor little me" card, saying she was a stay at home single mom and all she cared about was her child.
    Seems like she cares about her career also. Stay at home single moms usually means they don't have a job. How they survive, I don't know, nor do I care.
    I do care about how they present themselves.
    In present time, I've come to immediately dislike any contestant who plays the victim, rather than the sympathy I used to feel for them.
    I admire the ones who have tough times and get past it, without having to look for sympathy.
    libgirl2 likes this.

Ryan, Tali and David are already insufferable; I'm here to watch people cook, not watch unestablished wannabe chefs swing their egos around like cats. David going was the right choice; I would never eat cheese on an apple pie.

Christine has done surprisingly well. She's definitely a feel-good story for this series of MasterChef, but I worry for her; if she needs to ask her assistant whether she's bleeding, things might get more problematic for her. Felix is doing well too, and I like how she, Scott and Frank all turned down immunity, even if it was the less intelligent thing to do.
    Revenge is ice cream.

A lot of people like a slice of cheese on a piece of warm apple pie....why?...I have no idea whatsoever...sure wouldn't eat it myself but many do.
    But not exactly a gourmet offering.

FORT Fogey

I think Monti may surprise us. Her desire is to own a food truck; I like that. Touring as the opening act for Sagat and Godfried was probably a one time stint with both of them. Nice gig for an unknown comic but I doubt she made a lot of money. She pulled her weight in the challenge last night.

I loved that the women really took over that challenge. Becky is one to watch.

I was stunned that Christine did so well making that pie! Good for her. I was also shocked that so many failed at something so basic.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    I think Monti may surprise us. Her desire is to own a food truck; I like that. Touring as the opening act for Sagat and Godfried was probably a one time stint with both of them. Nice gig for an unknown comic but I doubt she made a lot of money. She pulled her weight in the challenge last night.
    I don't where people are getting the idea that a touring comic makes any money - they don't unless they're in the upper echelon. Opening acts generally make less than $100 per gig, usually work three nights a week when they've got a gig, and can go months without a gig because there are soooo many people out there who think that they're funny.
    Florimel and Shoepie like this.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

I found a recipe for Cheddar Cheese Apple Pie on the Food Network. The cheese is in the crust too. I think Michael had the right idea, but he didn't execute it correctly. I was hoping that the red team would lose because ultimately, David should have gone home. He was just wandering around looking lost for most of the challenge.
    Florimel likes this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    A lot of people like a slice of cheese on a piece of warm apple pie....why?...I have no idea whatsoever...sure wouldn't eat it myself but many do.
    But not exactly a gourmet offering.
    My hubby likes cheese on apple pie. But then I like blue cheese on various things,and he doesn't.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Ryan is a d-bag. Wherever Monti places, I hope she comes in ahead of him.

ETA: Ha ha (said Nelson-style). Christine gave him the metaphorical bird.

ETAYA: Ha ha again. Monti gives him the metaphorical bird as well.
    Last edited by Rattus; 06-19-2012 at 11:04 PM.
    NCLurker likes this.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

+ Reply to Thread