+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 207 FirstFirst ... 16171819202122232425262728293031323334353676126 ... LastLast
Like Tree1045Likes

Thread: MasterChef seasons 1-4

Re: MasterChef

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus View Post
    The synonymous/eponymous mix-up was the only real problem with that sentence, and eponymous would have been correct if they had actually used it. Daniel Boulud owns a number of restaurants all utilizing variations of his name.
    Thank you for the clarification Rattus. I wasn't sure it was correct since I am not familiar with that chef or his restaurants.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Did anyone else notice Tabatha of "Tabatha's Salon Takeover" as one of the guests at the party? I recognized another guy, but couldn't tell you his name.

I did think it was funny that Ben got 47% of the dessert votes with fruit . . . I love him, and hope he continues to do well.

Quote Originally Posted by MiaT2 View Post
    AZChristian - I agree on the wording. I think maybe the writer (because we can't be sure it was Max who did it) may have been thinking of the term eponymous. Though that would still be an incorrect usage. Also the design style is a little "late 90s HTML class". I did learn that "staging" is a term for an unpaid internship in a kitchen with a well-known chef or well-known restaurant. It's pronounced the French way - "stahg-ing".

I'm glad Esther is gone. I was tired of seeing her slack-jawed, mouthing hanging open look all the time. She looked like a fish. With Max gone the show is on a new villian hunt. And that is going to be Christian. His true colors are emerging. I particularly didn't care for his sexist comments about women and the "girl's team" during the team challenge.
    (1) I doubt that Max would give up control of the web page to ANYONE less intelligent than he is, which - in HIS opinion - is the entire world. LOL.
    (2) I didn't know the term "staging" in this context, and it sounds like you had to look it up, too. I'd assume that a lot of the people who want to go on a boat ride wouldn't get it either, so it was poorly worded for the intended audience, IMO.
    (3) I was done with Esther, too. Can't wait to see Christian fall flat on his face. I'd like to see a nice guy (Ben) finish first.

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    Did anyone else notice Tabatha of "Tabatha's Salon Takeover" as one of the guests at the party? I recognized another guy, but couldn't tell you his name.

I did think it was funny that Ben got 47% of the dessert votes with fruit . . . I love him, and hope he continues to do well.
    They said the beef wellington got 100% of the vote, but I thought when they were showing people trying it one woman trying the tartar she said she preferred it.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Christine is given to having adult temper tantrums. Sounds like "somebody" needs to sit on the naughty mat to learn to get herself under control.

And Who Cares About Christian's "time being wasted"? The show is not about bowing down to Christian. And the blow he was dealt by being told to take his criticism like a man was obviously not enough. He, seriously, deserves another slam.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I'm going to keep this fairly short and sweet tonight. Erryn (?) turned in his apron, and Ramsay gave him the chance to do it on his own. He totally blew it, he knew it and did the right thing.

That said - note to ALL potential MasterChef contestants in the future: No matter how tempting the cooking item is, if you are given a free ticket to the top 10 with fairly high quality champagne to drink and not have to worry about cooking... WITH being told that you are up for elimination if you have a bad cooking... Take the champagne and RUN!

Tonight, the contestant who had that opportunity (Christina I think, the loudmouth people complain about)? - too tempted to cook with a $500 truffle (the mushroom kind) that she ended up in the bottom three when her eggs didn't set. Had Erryn not totally bombed his dinner (I mean even I would've done better and I do not know how to cook with Truffles), she'd been eliminated.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Yeah, he was out of control. I'm hoping we get the opportunity to see somebody call him out on his arrogance before the show ends. I was surprised that Gordon didn't do it last night. What a punk, that Christian!

He needs a "Who do you think you are?" talk.
    Well, I think at least two people were delighted to see Joe tear into Christian tonight. One would be you, the other would be me. I'm always amazed to see that he can even walk upright with that swelled head.

When Christine (Christina? sorry...don't remember) said she wanted to cook her way into the top 10, I was yelling at the TV, "You already did!" Idiot.

I don't think she's the one everyone complains about...I think that's the other woman with the long blond hair. Whose name I don't remember, of course.

Add me to the "delighted to see Joe tear into Christian" list. I was rooting for Christian at the beginning, but he's really a jerk. (And his lobster dish looked horrid. He really thought it was going to make top 3???)

And once Erryn actually started talking, I figured he was out tonight. He was completely under the radar for such a long time...

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    I'm going to keep this fairly short and sweet tonight. Erryn (?) turned in his apron, and Ramsay gave him the chance to do it on his own. He totally blew it, he knew it and did the right thing.

That said - note to ALL potential MasterChef contestants in the future: No matter how tempting the cooking item is, if you are given a free ticket to the top 10 with fairly high quality champagne to drink and not have to worry about cooking... WITH being told that you are up for elimination if you have a bad cooking... Take the champagne and RUN!

Tonight, the contestant who had that opportunity (Christina I think, the loudmouth people complain about)? - too tempted to cook with a $500 truffle (the mushroom kind) that she ended up in the bottom three when her eggs didn't set. Had Erryn not totally bombed his dinner (I mean even I would've done better and I do not know how to cook with Truffles), she'd been eliminated.
    Jennifer was the winner who refused the champagne and is mild mannered and generally loved by all. Skilled, sweet woman. Christine is the emotional blonde who is rangey but has a lot of good going for her.

Yes, I was yelling at the TV for Jennifer to take the champagne and run. I know why she did what she did but it wasn't the right choice in this type of competition. She would have been eliminated for sure had the other 2 not presented barf on a plate and uncooked carrots with truffle-less meat.

Ahhhh Erryn, we hardly knew ye. Such is the nature of the FOX-edit in that the time we get to see and hear you most is also your final episode.

I thought Alejandra's grilled lobster looked fantastic and was quite happy to see Guiseppe finally get recognized. It was interesting to hear Gordon's comment to him which to me was pretty telling about why we haven't seen more of him - he wasn't good enough to stand out but not bad enough to be called out.

Oh and I too was pleased to see Joe lay into Christian. He deserved it. I did think it was amusing that Joe apologized to Gordon when he was returning to his place.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

+ Reply to Thread