+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 207 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122232425262728293070120 ... LastLast
Like Tree1045Likes

Thread: MasterChef seasons 1-4

FORT Fogey

Re: MasterChef

We are only seeing the very best and the very worst......the others would have scored in the middle. That's what I meant about new people moving up to take the top spots from those we saw previously

If only Max and his flesh cake could be sent home!
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    If only Max and his flesh cake could be sent home!
    I guess we had the same thought. When Ramsay described it - I said ICK outloud.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

FORT Regular

lol chrisine is so awesome...
    bad that is.

Well I have to say that I'm a little sorry to see the arrogant punk leave. For one reason, he apparently hates the same people I do which means he has decent taste if nothing else , and for another reason I would have much preferred that Christine leave. Not only is she guanopsychotic, but her condescending dismissal of New Yorkers is one of those hypocritical things that just drives me nuts.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus View Post
    Well I have to say that I'm a little sorry to see the arrogant punk leave. For one reason, he apparently hates the same people I do which means he has decent taste if nothing else , and for another reason I would have much preferred that Christine leave. Not only is she guanopsychotic, but her condescending dismissal of New Yorkers is one of those hypocritical things that just drives me nuts.
    He did mention he was cheering for Derrick who is my favorite. I really didn't think he would go.... it just didn't seem epic enough!

And as a WELL done steak eater... neither of those steaks would have made it to my mouth!

I like my steaks bloody as hell, so I can't really judge their steaks, but they look bloody delicious.
    NCLurker likes this.
    Revenge is ice cream.

I rarely eat steak - not much of a red-meat eater - but once or twice a year, I will indulge in a really good steak. If you have a good cut of meat, you can't mess it up unless you overcook it, and not one of those three steaks looked overcooked. I sure as hell hope the judges polished off all of that fine meat, because those were some good-looking cuts of beef.

I like Christine's nuttiness...I have to like anyone who lives in a place called Sopchoppy. Something about her makes me want to root for her. I wouldn't be surprised if she managed a 3rd-place finish.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Both Christine and Max's filets looked med-rare to medium (at most!) on my TV. I have a really hard time believing that Max's filet was "50 seconds" from being well done as Chef Ramsey said. He sort-of contradicted himself because before he cut into the meat he said that all the color (pink/red) should be gone but it should still be juicy which was the hard thing to achieve even for the pros. There is no way in a country mile all that 'color' would have been gone in 50 seconds. Not a chance.

I'm glad Max could muster something quasi-nice to say about Christine before he made his exit. I know it was a backhanded compliment (and probably much sour grapes) about how she 'needed it more than him as she is a single Mom', but it wasn't overtly mean so I guess that's a tiny bit of improvement. Christine is a wacky ball of nerves and energy, but she is growing on me. I do find myself oddly rooting for her as someone else said upthread.

I was sad to see Alvin go. He totally messed up his blot-clot beignets and that's a shame, but I would've liked him to stick around a little longer to see what he could make. I don't know why Jenny didn't go home. I think they have singled her out several times for being at the bottom.

I wonder if the ones they really haven't shown much of are just cannon fodder and will be eliminated soon or go on to be great and we will see more of them in the later episodes.

+ Reply to Thread