+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1045Likes

Thread: MasterChef seasons 1-4

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Bookworm Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Re: MasterChef

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks View Post
    Tonight is a full two hour of new episodes, not the recent repeat and then a new episode. In case anyone wants to be sure to catch the brats in action.
    Thanks for the heads up on that. I probably would have assumed our program guide was wrong and missed the first hour (last night the guide showed two Face Off shows as new - there was only one).

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    Maybe its the carefully edited Paula Deen episode?
    Apparently so. Hubby read something last evening or this morning to that effect.
    Maybe they're running two episodes (since it's a two-hour time slot marked as "new") back-to-back or edited into one?
    The "son" aspect has been heavily advertised.
    Paula Deen? Not so much. (Actually, not at all...)
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

FORT Fogey

Four sons-- 2 for Joe-- help in the mystery box challenge. GR's son is his image.

Then there is a "southern-inspired" challenge in the field preparing a dinner for charity volunteers. I am guessing that they returned to back -to-back new episodes so that they could bury the fact that Paula is on this episode and concentrate on the kids??

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Kip View Post
    Thanks for the heads up on that. I probably would have assumed our program guide was wrong and missed the first hour (last night the guide showed two Face Off shows as new - there was only one).
    Thank God. Finally, let's just get this Krissi Show over with!!

Good grief. I'm not sure any of the 15 ingredients the little brats chose have been in the pantry previously.

Is anyone still watching? I'm not able to watch right now. Updates will be liked please.

James won the mystery box challenge. They all had to do desserts because of the nonsense the kids chose. One of the ingredients was ready made puff pastry (or something like that). Krissi is pissed because she wasn't one of the three considered and she was making pastry from scratch.

James choices for the challenge were a recreation of the very best dish each judge had ever eaten. He chose Gordon's - a Vietnamese noodle soup with a ton of ingredients and special broth. James didn't have to cook. Natasha forgot to grab garlic and convinced Luca to give her some. Krissi was the most worried because she's not comfortable with Asian food - she made a point of grabbing whatever ingredients everyone else grabbed from the pantry. Everyone did pretty well to really well. James hopes Natasha goes home.

Commercial.... ;^)
    libgirl2 and JohnnyK like this.

James won the challenge & doesn't have to cook for the pressure test. The 3 judges each presented him with their "favorite dish of all time" & he had to pick which one everybody else had to cook. Joe had some kind of sea urchin/caviar type of thing (if I remember correctly), Graham had a sandwich of soft lobster (I think) & GR had a Vietnamese pork soup. James chose GRs dish (which thrilled Krissi to no end, LOL!)

They've all just been tasted by the judges; Luca & Jessie nailed it, Natasha & Krissi not so much. The judges are deliberating now.
    JohnnyK likes this.

Thank you

I'm not surprised Luca gave Natasha the garlic. He's a really nice guy who wants to win on his own merits, not because someone else screwed up. I'm pulling for him, Jessie & James. As long as it's not Krissi or Natasha, I'll be happy.

+ Reply to Thread