+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1045Likes

Thread: MasterChef seasons 1-4

Re: MasterChef

That's probably why pigeons are called squab on most menus. Squab doesn't have to be a pigeon. It has be any small, young bird, but they usually are pigeons.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

I'm really tired of Krissi. When will she leave? I hate that they feel they have to keep a villian around for ratings, and this witch is really playing up her role. Why does she want to go home and be known as the horrible, crass witch of Masterchef? I guess I have a hard time understanding the motivation for people who go on reality shows with the idea that it will be fun to be hated by the public. Her kid will have to deal with the backlash because she is a fame whore.
    Brooks, Cornholio and Shelleyrob like this.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by maude~flanders View Post
    I'm really tired of Krissi. When will she leave? I hate that they feel they have to keep a villian around for ratings, and this witch is really playing up her role. Why does she want to go home and be known as the horrible, crass witch of Masterchef? I guess I have a hard time understanding the motivation for people who go on reality shows with the idea that it will be fun to be hated by the public. Her kid will have to deal with the backlash because she is a fame whore.
    I feel the same way about Krissi. I think she thinks it's cool to be the villain, and I've been feeling sorry for her kid all along. Krissi is a bully, pure and simple, and I can't wait for her to be gone. This season seems to have more unpleasant people than in other seasons, and I hope this isn't the new trend for this show because it used to be a really good, fun cooking competition.
    Florimel, ibot2much and Cornholio like this.

Krissi is just plain obnoxious and a disgusting example of a woman/mother.
    I will admit that Bree (Bri?) is a great cook but I'm tired of her reactions all the time when she's required to cook meat. Surely, she knew that if she entered this competition she would be required to deal w/meat. I have no problem w/her being a vegetarian but I don't need her eye rolling and disgusted smirk each time. But I actually think we'd all be surprised at how scripted this show is. I've come to understand that reality shows are not reality at all but this one is too obvious.
    I saw a picture of Graham recently and he has lost a lot of weight. I would think it would be very difficult being a chef/lover of food to deal w/all the difficulties one endures after gastric surgery.
    Florimel likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    ...I would think it would be very difficult being a chef/lover of food to deal w/all the difficulties one endures after gastric surgery.
    It depends, of course, on the individual and type of surgery.

But really, after a not-so-long recovery time, once one gets used to portion control and ingredient ratios (protein-to-fat-to-carbs/sugars), it's not so difficult at all. Been there...

And good for him! This will be great for [his] overall health — and maybe even that of his customers, if he takes what he learns into his commercial culinary practices. I wish him all the best!
    Last edited by Ellen; 08-19-2013 at 12:05 PM.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

For those of you who can't stomach the idea of a Master Chef: Junior (like me), I just saw an ad for Rachel V. Guy: Kids (or something like that). I think I'll watch that one, at least I know they won't be belittling and bullying the kids.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Add It Up Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, Bejeweled® 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Something smells fishy in the Masterchef kitchen (I was going to say foul, but passed on the pun).
    When Gordon, Graham, and Joe were talking during the mystery box they said they wanted to see something besides steak with potatoes. Both Jordan and Luca had done something original with their sides, but somehow Krissi wins with 'potatoes Krissi' which are basically scalloped potatoes done in a round? Whoop de friggin do. There is no doubt in my mind that Luca and Jordan had better dishes but they saved Krissi to keep their foil in the competition. It's so stupidly manipulative and irritating. To add insult to injury, Jordan goes home even though he had a superior dish to Krissi in the mystery box challenge. Irritating. I felt like he just gave up in the pressure test... after that farce, I don't blame him, really.

Rant over. I guess I'm rooting for Luca. His scene with the turkey was so funny and adorable.
    Happy Birthday, sir, despite the circumstances.--John Green

So overquoted but still so true, just 'don't let the haters stop you from doing your thang.'

I don't want Luca to win. He is likeable but has had so many terrible dishes.

I agree with above posts on the obnoxious bully Krissi. I really hope MasterChef doesn't start catering to the bottom denominator focusing more on obnoxious personalities than the cooking skills like Hell's Kitchen. Since the beginning, I've really enjoyed seeing nice normal people compete on MasterChef. Hope its stays that way and that this whole Krissi thing is a fluke.

Quote Originally Posted by Cornholio View Post
    I don't want Luca to win. He is likeable but has had so many terrible dishes.

I agree with above posts on the obnoxious bully Krissi. I really hope MasterChef doesn't start catering to the bottom denominator focusing more on obnoxious personalities than the cooking skills like Hell's Kitchen. Since the beginning, I've really enjoyed seeing nice normal people compete on MasterChef. Hope its stays that way and that this whole Krissi thing is a fluke.
    I am still hoping for James, one can hope
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Add It Up Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, Bejeweled® 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Eh, I know Luca sucks half the time, but he's the loveable adorable guy with the great accent. And he hates Krissi. There's nothing for it, I must root for Luca!
    Happy Birthday, sir, despite the circumstances.--John Green

So overquoted but still so true, just 'don't let the haters stop you from doing your thang.'

+ Reply to Thread