+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1045Likes

Thread: MasterChef seasons 1-4

Re: MasterChef

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    No surprise to me that Ramsey likes the vile Krissi.

She has a mouth like a sewer, so does he.
    She is a bully, so is he.
    She constantly belittles people, so does he.

Birds of a feather, though he is clearly more intelligent.
    I thought it was Joe who had warmed up to Krissy after the fiasco with his mother. Ramsay is the one who brought Bri back into the competition and has had a "soft" eye on her since.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Maybaybie View Post
    I was surprised that one of the birds (pigeon maybe?) was supposed to be cooked to med-rare. Ewwww!! I guess I'm old school- I don't like pink chicken or pork- no matter how much the FDA says it's ok now. 165 all the way for me- not dried out, mind-you, but moist, juicy, and COOKED through! I actually just took my ServSafe Food Handlers test last week for my new job (haven't done one since college 20+ years ago) and was shocked to learn that 145 is the minimum for pork. YUCK! I think it's my brain that won't let me eat it pink in the middle- it just gives me the heebie jeebies!
    I agree with you on the pork. well I'm sure their excuse is that it is a slab of meat meaning that the going toward the center is considered "sterile" with all the cases of trichinosis... I want that specific meet well done.

then again I met on steaks I have them medium well.

that said Jordans bird did remind me of an undercooked piece of chicken that I saw all in one of those safe serve videos

I have to agree, I just can't think about pink pork or poultry. One doesn't have to cook it to death just have it be well done and juicy. I'd even take dry over pink any day!
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

I just saw online that Graham had stomach surgery for weightloss last month. I guess we'll be seeing a slimmer Graham next season!

Gastric surgery doesn't mean he can continue to eat (even as bites) fatty, salty foods. He'll have to change his food focus. While a dangerous procedure, I do applaud him for trying to do something to prevent heart problems from high blood pressure and the potential for Diabete 2.
    Ellen likes this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

I'm getting sick of this show pushing Krissi in our faces, too. Not as bad as Russell Hantz, but still pretty bad.

I hope she leaves next week.
    Ellen, Florimel and spockwhat like this.

I definitely agree that I'd have a hard time eating pink poultry, but I don't really mind if pork is a little bit less than well done. I guess it depends on the cut for me though I don't eat much pork anyway. I do like bacon crisp but not burnt.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Pink poultry is a no-no. Pink pork is now suggested (trichinosis has just about been eliminated). I think I learned that from Alton Brown :-) (And pink...not red...pork is so much moister than well-done pork!)

So...Bri went out in a challenge where she and Natasha were each captains. I'm not excited about next week.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

And of all things to serve medium rare: pigeon? In London, we were at Trafalgar Square, and had them referred to as "flying rats." I've never eaten pigeon, and don't have any plans to start soon.

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    And of all things to serve medium rare: pigeon? In London, we were at Trafalgar Square, and had them referred to as "flying rats." I've never eaten pigeon, and don't have any plans to start soon.
    That doesn't make it sound very appetizing, does it?
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

+ Reply to Thread