+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1045Likes

Thread: MasterChef seasons 1-4

Re: MasterChef

I was laughing at how the first 1 or 2 judges who picked at Jordan's quail pretty much trashed the bird, so whoever came afterwards had something that indeed looked like something unappealing out of a slasher movie. It looked very manipulative to me, a way to send Jordan home instead of Jessie.

Those were very tame, clean birds, no damaged fathers or covered in feces. Not something that came randomly out of a nursery stock. I knew they wouldn't be killed.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks View Post
    I was laughing at how the first 1 or 2 judges who picked at Jordan's quail pretty much trashed the bird, so whoever came afterwards had something that indeed looked like something unappealing out of a slasher movie. It looked very manipulative to me, a way to send Jordan home instead of Jessie.

Those were very tame, clean birds, no damaged fathers or covered in feces. Not something that came randomly out of a nursery stock. I knew they wouldn't be killed.
    Loved James' line about killing his duck in private.
    Kip likes this.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    Loved James' line about killing his duck in private.
    Yes, that was great line

Krissie - COME ON GUYS she's not nice, she flipped the bird upstairs (and even if it's an edited in shot, she should know better than doing that), and is just skimming by. She should've been gone weeks ago, and no one is going to buy her cookbook. If she's in the final two let alone wins it's a travesty
    I didn't see her flip the bird jadewarlock , maybe that's when I stopped watching her silly childish antics
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

My hopes of James winning are slowing going down the drain. If he doesn't suddenly create some outstanding dishes he'll probably come in fourth or fifth. I realize this show is heavily edited and they could be hiding what really went on with him, for the element of surprise, but if he doesn't start winning challenges next week...it's not meant to be for him. Darn it!

I cannot stomach any of the women left except for Bree. However, I don't think it's at all fair when they bring back a previously eliminated contestant.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I didn't see her flip the bird jadewarlock , maybe that's when I stopped watching her silly childish antics
    It was late in the show/teaser for next week. Personally, I just caught it because I was so detail orientated on a fused glass pendant I was making that I caught the details being shown in the episode.

Quote Originally Posted by jammyjoe View Post
    Not sure what Jesse was thinking making a safe dish. She never do safe and if she was going to do that, it better be super tasty but even the potatoes and veggies were unappetizing. She was lucky that Jordan undercooked his bird. I thought they shpould have used a cornish game hen instead of a chicken because that was too easy but apparently that was even unnecessary. Can't believe Natrasha won that round.
    In fairness - Luca did have turkey, which is an easy bird as far as flavoring and most folks know what they can do with it. They would've had to have a second easy bird.

Honestly - given the exotics they had, I say they should've had quail, duck, pheasant, dove, cornish hen and one other small bird - sorry, but I can only think of five "exotic" birds that people in the states can eat.

In all these cases, most folks don't know what to do with them as far as cooking, so they'd have to experiment.

In re: to Jordan's quail - I could tell it was undercooked from the FIRST cut, so I don't see it as a way to get rid of him. He had a badly cooked bird at first slice.

I'm rooting for Bri, but I laughed at cartoon Krissy. She really was cartoon, over the top, nasty with her Snidley Whiplash grins and everything.

I think the guys were surprised that she did so well in the steak challenge. It was so good they couldn't ignore it and placed her on top. Anyway, I'm surprised they all had caught and were cradling/soothing their birds as they walked back into the kitchen. Now, that was a set up carefully handled by an animal wrangler.

I'm also surprised that Krissy didn't list Bri as one of her three targets since she hates her so much. I'm also very happy vegetarian Bri figured out how to maintain the moistness of the pigeon by stuffing it.

What I don't like is Bri being a team captain, and it looks like Krissy will be on her team in a very stressful situation. Even though Ramsay likes her, I think we'll say goodbye to Bri next week.
    libgirl2 likes this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

No surprise to me that Ramsey likes the vile Krissi.

She has a mouth like a sewer, so does he.
    She is a bully, so is he.
    She constantly belittles people, so does he.

Birds of a feather, though he is clearly more intelligent.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I was surprised that one of the birds (pigeon maybe?) was supposed to be cooked to med-rare. Ewwww!! I guess I'm old school- I don't like pink chicken or pork- no matter how much the FDA says it's ok now. 165 all the way for me- not dried out, mind-you, but moist, juicy, and COOKED through! I actually just took my ServSafe Food Handlers test last week for my new job (haven't done one since college 20+ years ago) and was shocked to learn that 145 is the minimum for pork. YUCK! I think it's my brain that won't let me eat it pink in the middle- it just gives me the heebie jeebies!

+ Reply to Thread