+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1045Likes

Thread: MasterChef seasons 1-4

Re: MasterChef

I think she made an innocent remark about the awful cauliflower puree. Natasha came across far worse than Beth
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I think she made an innocent remark about the awful cauliflower puree. Natasha came across far worse than Beth
    I agree.

I want Natasha gone....soon. If she's so thin skinned that she can't tolerate one particular negative word to describe her food, she doesn't belong on this show. How will she ever learn new cooking skills/methods/recipes etc if she already thinks her food is so great? After all, she's a home cook and not a professional.
    Fanny Mare likes this.

FORT Fogey

I thought Natasha came across as crazed. If she made the yucky vegetable, then she takes responsibility, yet she almost seemed to enjoy bullying Beth and bringing her to tears.

Natasha and Krissi both seem like unpleasant complainers
    Florimel, mesachick and Cornholio like this.

Quote Originally Posted by tinderbox View Post
    I agree.

I want Natasha gone....soon. If she's so thin skinned that she can't tolerate one particular negative word to describe her food, she doesn't belong on this show. How will she ever learn new cooking skills/methods/recipes etc if she already thinks her food is so great? After all, she's a home cook and not a professional.
    She thinks she is more than a home cook. Beth was quite sharp when they did the burgers, she knew Nat( love calling her Nat) was sabotaging the test at first - then Nat realised she might go home
    -Andy Rooney-

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Bookworm Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat View Post
    ...It was a decent episode, but drawn out way too long. ...
    Yes. I walked away and started doing something else because I got bored. The first hour was fine (team challenge followed by pressure test). Maybe they thought viewers would like some variation in the challenges, but I much prefer the regular kitchen challenges.

Does anyone think Beth would have liked to tell Natasha that her bright yellow dress with the under-boob cutout was disgusting as well?
    libgirl2, Cornholio and tbamom like this.
    "Everything you do matters. Every moment, every decision you make – it affects the people around you – it changes the world in a million imperceptible ways. No matter what your reality, you can make it better." -- Richard Castle

Quote Originally Posted by mushybrain View Post
    Does anyone think Beth would have liked to tell Natasha that her bright yellow dress with the under-boob cutout was disgusting as well?
    Yes! very much
    libgirl2 likes this.
    -Andy Rooney-

Not only was it unflattering, it was totally wrong to wear in the kitchen. Since when is it ok to wear short skirts, heels, and open-toed shoes while cooking? I'm still stuck on them (Natasha, Krissi, Brie) not tying their hair back either. I just can't get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    I hope Kathy is able to take Gordon up on his offer. It involves moving to NYC and that is an expensive proposition let alone complications of relocating her family. Perhaps she lives there and why he made the offer. She didn't seem to react much to that. I guess the devastation of her loss overshadowed it for that moment.

I think a deciding factor in letting Kathy go was the question, did you think you would get this far? She answered, no. Had she had the confidence to say, yes I did and I think I can win this, the results may have been different. Gordon is big on fighting for yourself.
    Actually, Kathy and her family already live in New York, she's from the Bronx, so I doubt she'd have any trouble accepting Gordon's offer. After all the crap they put her through, it's the least he could do. I don't think she ever gave up. She was an underdog, everybody thought she was the weakest despite evidence to the contrary (Howard) and she fought hard even when flustered. I grew to like her a lot over what little they showed us of her, and I was mad as hell when they eliminated her. She really got screwed over.

Think about it. In the pressure test, Luca has raw egg, Beth has a broken sauce and undercooked egg, Natasha has a disgusting mayonnaise. Kathy had everything properly cooked and despite one of her eggs breaking a bit, the yolk didn't run out, so her main issue was she didn't add enough sauce. And they send her to the bottom and that stupid, waste of time burger thing for "not enough sauce", which when you compare it to the other three, is one of the stupidest things I've ever heard. Then in the burger challenge, she's actually the smoothest in that service. She always communicated, she worked hard on the line, but Luca was the one who screwed it up, by keeping his burger too simple and then cooking several of them wrong.

Then in the final pressure test, Luca has a more complete lobster, but made mistakes when prepping and cooking it and the color was off and the flavor wasn't totally there, but his salad was good. Kathy's salad was acidic and her lobster presentation wasn't entirely complete, but she absolutely nails that lobster when the judges seemed to think from the start that she couldn't, especially with the little time she had to poach it. So, she nails the main component of the dish and still gets sent home. I figured that they'd target even the slightest mistake she made because they absolutely didn't want to send Luca home, same way they eliminated Monti over Josh last season and accepted him over Stacey and Mike when they brought back contestants who could re-enter the competition. It's just so infuriating to me that Kathy tries her hardest and is clearly not the worst, yet they go through so much ccrap just to get somebody eliminated ho didn't deserve to go.

I am not enjoying this season anywhere near as much as the last, namely because there's so much obnoxious drama. Bime wasn't a good leader, yes, but he did accept responsibility for his actions and wouldn't have saved himself. What do the judges do? They save him, ergo more drama. Then we have James and especially Jordan being jerkish trash talkers, and then we have Natasha and Krissi being loud and confrontational, and of course, we always have that jerk Bastianich to put a sour mood on everything. It's enough to take away my enjoyment of the show. MasterChef doesn't need drama, just focus on the cooking!
    Ellen, Dragonlady and Cornholio like this.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Add It Up Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, Bejeweled® 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

I would have liked to tell her as well. But just because I would like to, doesn't mean I would be rude enough to actually say it to her face. Here at Fort, that's another ballgame.

I don't know why they feel it is necessary to discuss challenges after the fact anyway. They aren't a team any more, they go right back to being individual competitors, so why bother discussing what went wrong?

I think the biggest problem with Beth blurting out that the puree was disgusting was there was no reason for it... the judges weren't there, so it was pointless to throw Nat under the bus. And, cue drama. I think Beth needs to shut up a little. I thought it was funny when she was telling others what to do during the challenge and they were basically telling her to shut it. Yes, I despise Nat too, and am really not liking Krissy either. Still love the show though. I just want some of the infighting to stop... the disappearance of flaky Kathy, bitchy Nat and loud-mouthed Krissy would certainly help. The guys tend to keep their cattiness to PI's. That doesn't create drama so it doesn't bother me so much.

Rembrant, I found it really annoying that they gave Bime the automatic save. In a lot of ways it was completely unfair... Bime was responsible for choosing the sides and the cauliflower was a HUGE miss. Also, when Gordon Ramsey tells you to put a rub on your steak? Put a rub on it, for heaven's sake! I couldn't believe he just ignored that request by Ramsey. It's also unfair that Jordan had to take flak for saving himself, but they give Bime the gift of making it a mandatory thing that he is saved. Ridiculous.
    Kip likes this.
    Happy Birthday, sir, despite the circumstances.--John Green

So overquoted but still so true, just 'don't let the haters stop you from doing your thang.'

+ Reply to Thread