+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: 11/4 - MC Junior 2 Premiere Show Discussion *West Coast Spoilers*

11/4 - MC Junior 2 Premiere Show Discussion *West Coast Spoilers*

Caught the premiere, and seriously, these children make me feel so ashamed at me being such a disastrous cook. I wouldn't even call myself a cook, that's how bad I am. They are so amazingly good at what they do. That Oona girl, her risking elimination, having never made chicken liver pate before in her life, and she just rocks it. So cool.

If there is one child I am not particularly liking right now, it's Samuel, he has kind of an ego and needs to tone it down. I was also very annoyed that we start off with a whopping four eliminations. That is way too much, especially because two out of the four children, Berry and Nasir, barely said a word before their elimination. I understand they are children, but the producers could do a better job regarding allowing the kids more chances to shine rather than eliminate them so fast. The Australian version had four children eliminated at once, but only after a couple of episodes with no eliminations (they eliminated the kids based on points they got in every challenge depending on how they did, so the lowest four totals would be eliminated) so the children had more of a chance to shine and the audience to see their personalities and potential.

And, after the obnoxious, irritating, downright boorish drama fest the adult version has become, it warmed my heart so much seeing the children be so supportive of each other, especially when Isabella couldn't help but cry and every single other contestant gathered around her to give their support. That was just a beautiful moment, and it shows just how much the adult contestants could learn from these children.
    ClosetRTWatcher and wannasee like this.

Re: MasterChef Junior

I love oona, and Natalie. I think Samuel thinks he is the next Alexander. Anyway I loved the whole show, and the children are a delight. I don't know how they cook like they do.. We wont watch MC anymore, but this one we will. I love how the judges are with the children...this is a very good show.
    Jezebella likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

If this were MC, Samuel would be kicked down hard. As it is, I hope the producers resist dramatizing it any further. A 12 year old shouldn't be subjected to on-screen humiliation. There are healthier ways to learn life's lessons.

The impressive abilities of all these kids makes it more obvious that for the adult version they're choosing many of the contestants just for drama. Also that Joe is intentionally turning on his asshat persona for MC.

I started cooking 50 years ago and I'm not sure I have any idea how to cook yet. ;^) And I never developed the poise many of them have already.

I'm still very annoyed MC Jr is up against NCIS because this is such an uplifting show.
    Jezebella likes this.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

I don't think Coco and Nasir could handle the pressure of the show so I'm glad they were eliminated.

I love seeing this kinder, gentler side of the judges. It's too bad they can't be this way on their other shows. I would start watching Hell's Kitchen again if it could be more like this.

Like Rembrandt, I feel like such a terrible cook compared to these kids. I just hope cooking is truly something they love, not something they've been forced into by overambitious parents.

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    I don't think Coco and Nasir could handle the pressure of the show so I'm glad they were eliminated.

I love seeing this kinder, gentler side of the judges. It's too bad they can't be this way on their other shows. I would start watching Hell's Kitchen again if it could be more like this.

Like Rembrandt, I feel like such a terrible cook compared to these kids. I just hope cooking is truly something they love, not something they've been forced into by overambitious parents.
    I am a terrible cook, plus I don't like it. These kids really love to cook, that makes a huge diffrence I think
    -Andy Rooney-

Re: 11/4 - MC Junior 2 Premiere Show Discussion *West Coast Spoilers*

I love Oona. Samuel really needs a good smack down.
    sunshine3331 and babyfat101 like this.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

I have never watched Masterchef Junior before. It was so lovely seeing how nice the kids were to each other!!

This first show really makes me wonder how the kids prep for the show. I do believe they are talented little cooks, but I wonder if they get some inkling of the mystery box ahead of time and talk about a plan with a parent or other adult? I guess it just seems odd to me that a 9 year old would look at those ingredients and declare "pate!" I have cooked for many years, and I wouldn't have an inkling of how to make a pate. I don't mean to take anything away from the talent of the kids. I just think it would be enough challenge for them to execute a complex dish within the time constraints without having to brainstorm on top of that!!

This was my first time watching MC Junior and I like it so much better than MC. The judges are a lot more friendly and supportive of the kids and Im just amazed at how talented this kids are! I was hoping Natalie chose Duck because I thought the chicken was too easy and I wanted to see the kids be challenged ha ha but really I adore Oona and thinks he is the cutiest thing. And I agree with everyone about Samuel, sigh there is always one brat in the bunch lol but overall I really enjoyed this
    “Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend.”- Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by Mreid View Post
    This was my first time watching MC Junior and I like it so much better than MC. The judges are a lot more friendly and supportive of the kids and Im just amazed at how talented this kids are! I was hoping Natalie chose Duck because I thought the chicken was too easy and I wanted to see the kids be challenged ha ha but really I adore Oona and thinks he is the cutiest thing. And I agree with everyone about Samuel, sigh there is always one brat in the bunch lol but overall I really enjoyed this
    I don't find him bratty( not like some of the grownups) just a bit of a know it all. He needs to be taken down a peg or two. I am so glad you like this show..
    MReid likes this.
    -Andy Rooney-

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

I agree that I was disappointed she chose chicken as that seemed like the easiest selection. I was hoping she would choose duck since that's not something that every kid eats. I didn't have duck for the first time until one of our Chinese restaurants had it on their buffet. I think I was in my 20's then.

Turkey would have been an interesting selection, too, just to see what the kids would have done with it.

The chickens were so cute! I had to laugh, though, at the kids being relieved that they weren't going to have to butcher their chickens. The meat they were given once looked just like those chickens! Anyway, I hardly think the kids would have had time to butcher and cook a chicken so it only made sense to give them pre-cut meat.
    MReid likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast