+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: 7/14 Masterchef 5: Episode 8

7/14 Masterchef 5: Episode 8

Enjoy the show.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Re: 7/14 Masterchef 5: Episode 8

I still can't believe Francis B is gone already!
    CupidGuest, Florimel and Mreid like this.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Willie is already failing as the expediter, so I predict Christine's team loses.

Willie's eyeglass frames in the kitchen are purple, in his confessionals they're green.

Idk y I'm still watching this.. Francis B is gone. And yet again Cutter survives the pressure test..he is honestly annoying me more than Leslie at this point. At least Leslie can cook... cutter sucks and was sooo combative tonight with the judges... Dans cake must have really been bad for Cutter to survive again.... I wish we could taste this food..
    dzigner, wannasee and zookeepertx like this.
    Some call me Malcolm X, Some call me Malcolm In the Middle, But my birth certificate says Malcolm Reid

To the Point

I'm not a Cutter fan, however, I didn't really see him as combative. I think he honestly thought his cake was fine and was standing behind it. I did not feel that he was disrespectful. He was looking for more info than they were giving. I hate how nasty the judges have gotten through the seasons and how they make it sound as if anyone who dares to speak contrary to what they say is out of line. I guess I just see it differently. There have been people who have been really "in their face" but I just didn't feel that tonight. I feel like they are just working to make and keep drama for the sake of drama.

I don't like Cutter, I think he should have gone before Francis B. But he stood by what he cooked, smirking all the way( I am sure he is there for the piddly drama) I so want to slap Leslie, I know he is a good cook, something about him irks me.( smirking all the way) The good thing, less Courtney this week
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I don't absolutely hate Cutter, but he could learn a little kitchen etiquette while he's still there. I agree that "overly sweet" was never objectively defined, and that Cutter is correct in suggesting that everyone has a different palate. He's there to learn. When he has spent as many years in the kitchen as Gordon, and Graham (and possibly Joe), then he can say what he has to say. That's how they look at it, at least. They know better than Cutter, or at least they think they do and until he's put in the time and gets his own show, he needs to take it -- or learn. He definitely needs to concern himself less with Leslie.

I will concede that Cutter is only there because he did marginally better than the eliminated contestant, Francis B. and Dan. I don't really like Dan, and didn't think that he should have been a finalist in the first place, but he has proven me wrong in regard to his ability and I hope they bring him back for the redemption episode.

I think one clue on the sweetness was that the cooks should have tried to mimic the proportions of cake-to-icing of the original model. Cutter had about twice as much icing in between the layers so of course it was going to be much sweeter. That wasn't a risk worth taking.

I'm actually glad Cutter stood up for himself when Joe accused him of questioning Gordon's palate. Cutter did not do that and said as much. I would love to see someone, someday, wipe that perpetually smug and sour look from Joe's face.
    "Everything you do matters. Every moment, every decision you make it affects the people around you it changes the world in a million imperceptible ways. No matter what your reality, you can make it better." -- Richard Castle

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast