+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree42Likes

Thread: 7/7 MasterChef 5: Episode 7

7/7 MasterChef 5: Episode 7

I can't believe it is now episode 7...where did they all go?

Enjoy tonight's show.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Re: 7/7 MasterChef 5: Episode 7

Ramsay had Leslie practice how to pronounce Ahran's name and now the two of them are bff?

Cutter and Dan have an epic fail in their pairing. Looks as though Joe dramatically tosses their offering in the garbage before Graham has an opportunity to sample it.

The first confessional tonight was Courtney but she's not eligible for elimination.

I like Courtney even less this week, if that is possible.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

Francis B should NOT have been out, or at least he shouldn't have been out alone. Seriously, Cutter should have been cut weeks ago. How dare he blame Dan for everything that went wrong in their team challenge. There was nothing stopping Cutter from selecting his own produce if he didn't like Dan's plans (or lack thereof). I really thought Cutter should have been eliminated for poor past performance, for bad performance and bad attitude in the team challenge, and for continued bad performance in the pressure test.

Although honestly I was surprised that Francis B did so bad on the spring rolls.

FWIW, I thought Christian and Francis B should have been safe in the team challenge, with Elise and Francis L going to the pressure test instead. Elise and Cutter are both way out of their league and can't go home soon enough.

If this continues to be the Courtney show I think I'll stop watching.
    ibot2much and Duckyface like this.

I still like Courtney and I still very much dislike Ahran and her todo her the pronunciation of her name. Big deal if someone gets it wrong. No one is doing it on purpose, and I don't even like him. I'm sure Benedict Cumberbatch, to name just one, had some trouble with that and it sure hasn't hurt him.
    pikachu likes this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    <snip>

FWIW, I thought Christian and Francis B should have been safe in the team challenge, with Elise and Francis L going to the pressure test instead. Elise and Cutter are both way out of their league and can't go home soon enough.
    YES! This! I called [swear words] when I watched the show. No way was Christian and Francis B's dish worse than Elise and Francis.
    Florimel likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    I still like Courtney and I still very much dislike Ahran and her todo her the pronunciation of her name. Big deal if someone gets it wrong. No one is doing it on purpose, and I don't even like him. I'm sure Benedict Cumberbatch, to name just one, had some trouble with that and it sure hasn't hurt him.
    This seems like something somebody with a relatively easy-to-pronounce name would say; as somebody whose given and names are both rather difficult to pronounce correctly, I would find it extremely disrespectful if somebody continuously mispronounced my name, especially if I've corrected them on the pronunciation multiple times. In a way, it's like being told indirectly that I'm subhuman, because it's not worth the trouble of the person to learn the correctly pronounce my name even after I've attempted to provide guidance.

Now, throw in the fact Ahran's name isn't even difficult to pronounce correctly, and you might see why she's throwing a fit about it; for a young adult, being disrespected by somebody older is frustrating because it often feels condescending and dismissive, even if it's not the intention of the offending party.

Edit: My main takeaway from the elimination round is all four should have been sent home for not knowing how to make proper spring rolls. If I ordered spring rolls at a restaurant and received any of those, I'd send them back for not being actual spring rolls.
    Last edited by HaikenEdge; 07-08-2014 at 12:08 AM.
    ClosetRTWatcher likes this.
    Revenge is ice cream.

Ok so after this episode I really dont like Cutter and I want him out.. I really didnt feel sorry for him during the challenge because Cutter really shouldnt have made it this far in the first place. I thought Elise/Francis L should have been in the pressure test because their dish looked soooo gross.. I was upset that Francis B was eliminated but I knew he was gonna be because he has been in the pressure test too many times but still he was my favorite oh well...
    Florimel and Jezebella like this.
    “Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend.”- Albert Camus

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast