+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree42Likes

Thread: 7/7 MasterChef 5: Episode 7

Re: 7/7 MasterChef 5: Episode 7

I really thought they'd eliminate both Cutter and Francis B. This show becomes too focused on the drama and creating suspense (true of pretty much all reality shows). The voiceover at the beginning promised a "shocking" elimination. Not really, when you consider how bad Francis B's egg rolls were. Courtney's lips are always way too bright.

I too cannot stand Joe. Too arrogant and mean. I also don't like when they continue to criticize the eliminated contestant's dish (Joe particularly harshly) after announcing the elimination in order to explain the decision. This seems unnecessary to me. The person knows that they got eliminated because their dish wasn't good and had already been harshly criticized when the dish was tasted. IMO there's no need to do that again after the person has been eliminated.
    "In spite of all the temptation you have endured, all the suffering, you remain pure of heart, just as pure as you were at the age of eleven, when you stared into a mirror that reflected your heart's desire, and it showed you only the way to thwart Lord Voldemort, and not immortality or riches."

It bugs me that they send someone home based on what one judge who tasted a dish says...unless I missed something and more than one tasted the elimination challenge dishes? I think I remember times that two of the three tasted something but yeah, one of three shouldn't get a person eliminated.

Cutter...wow, I wasn't paying much attention but I kept wondering why he didn't grab some other ingredients, if he was so sure they would fail. And then the way he freaked out cooking the spring rolls. I thought it was ill-advised for Francis L. to waste time with making a foam and such. Really thought he and Elise would be in the challenge.
    Cornholio likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by wannasee View Post
    It bugs me that they send someone home based on what one judge who tasted a dish says...unless I missed something and more than one tasted the elimination challenge dishes? I think I remember times that two of the three tasted something but yeah, one of three shouldn't get a person eliminated.
    I thought I had read something by someone who had worked on the set of MasterChef Australia that all of the food that the contestants do for the challenges are tasted by ALL the judges immediately, and that it is not filmed. Then the contestants either have another one already made, or they make another one from scratch exactly the same so that the Judges then "judge" that dish for the filming of the show. So all the comments are essentially for what they tasted at first(but not shown), and the dishes that they are commenting on are "for show"---> so basically they have already tasted the dishes before they show them tasting and judging. It kind of makes sense since the filming of the judging takes forever, and whoever would be last would already have stone-cold food.
    pikachu and wannasee like this.

^ Wow, sounds complicated but thanks for explaining!

Thanks, I was wondering about the issue of food getting cold.

I can see that this could also affect what order they call people to the podium. Kind of like Jeff Probst reviewing all the Survivor votes and then arranging them in the order he wants to pull them.

Quote Originally Posted by Ionan View Post
    I thought I had read something by someone who had worked on the set of MasterChef Australia that all of the food that the contestants do for the challenges are tasted by ALL the judges immediately, and that it is not filmed. Then the contestants either have another one already made, or they make another one from scratch exactly the same so that the Judges then "judge" that dish for the filming of the show. So all the comments are essentially for what they tasted at first(but not shown), and the dishes that they are commenting on are "for show"---> so basically they have already tasted the dishes before they show them tasting and judging. It kind of makes sense since the filming of the judging takes forever, and whoever would be last would already have stone-cold food.
    Couldn't they just have everyone keep their food under a cloche if it's hot, or in the fridge if it's cold?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234