+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223 LastLast
Like Tree146Likes

Thread: MasterChef Junior - News & Speculation

Re: MasterChef Junior

Graham was behind the counter now an then helping a bit and giving hints. Perhaps if they have another season, they will either change up the restaurant challenge somehow or not have it. At least it was lunch and not dinner, and the diners knew they were there as part of the Masterchef show.

Gavin and Sara, while adorable, really were too young to advance. Troy was being a snob, but he did exhibit a willingness to compromise when confronted with his behavior. After the cake fiasco, I wasn't all that surprised that Alexander choked. I think that may also happen if he lands in the final two.

I'm cheering for Dara and Jack in the final cook off.
    Shoepie, sunshine3331 and Moontat like this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I am Team Dara! I like her confidence. Jack is no schlep, though.

I remember when I was in grade school, there were natural leaders beginning to show their stripes, so I don't think it's too early, at all, but we were also all the same ages, in the same grade. Your type-A and type-B personalities were pretty much obvious then, too. They remained pretty constant and steady. We all are who we are, and that's just the way it is. There's nothing wrong with it; we're just different, that's all. Some of us do mature and develop later than others, but the hyper individuals were identifiable waaay back.

I am not sorry that Sarah is gone. Gavin is more the type-B child. They both have their places to fit in.
    Ellen and Shoepie like this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Dara and Jack would be perfect. Troy was 12, Surah was 9. I can see why he acted as he did, at one point( and I rewound it) he said may I show you how Sarah she said no. I think Graham was behind there helping out- much more than we saw
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Joe was acting as Maitre' D while Gordon is doing the expediting. There was no mention of Graham helping out but they should have mentioned it. He was seen helping the Blue Team and we didn't see any of him helping out the Red Team so it was probably obvious that the Red Team won because of that. Only 4 left. Is it going to be another double elimination? I hope it's a single elimination from hereon.

Quote Originally Posted by jammyjoe View Post
    Joe was acting as Maitre' D while Gordon is doing the expediting. There was no mention of Graham helping out but they should have mentioned it. He was seen helping the Blue Team and we didn't see any of him helping out the Red Team so it was probably obvious that the Red Team won because of that. Only 4 left. Is it going to be another double elimination? I hope it's a single elimination from hereon.
    Gordon called out both the Blue and Red Teams.

Anyway the next episode is the 2 hour finale.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by jammyjoe View Post
    I think the blue team was quite a lot behind the red team
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Gordon called out both the Blue and Red Teams.

Anyway the next episode is the 2 hour finale.
    My online tv programming says: MasterChef
    Junior Edition: Finale, Part 1

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Add It Up Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies
    Gavin and Sara, while adorable, really were too young to advance.
    Except, Jack is also ten and I think he should win this thing, no question!

As for the elimination, despite his lack of leadership in the kitchen, I still think Gavin is the superior cook of the three, followed closely by Sara and Troy. I would have picked Gavin or Sara to stay.

You could really tell this episode that Jack is more than a home cook. He has mentioned spending a lot of time in his Uncle's (?) restaurant, and it showed. He's bright, confident, assertive and knowledgeable. He's all kinds of awesome.

Team Jack all the way!

And based on the work so far, I want it to be a Alexander/Jack showdown.
    Happy Birthday, sir, despite the circumstances.--John Green

So overquoted but still so true, just 'don't let the haters stop you from doing your thang.'

Loved Jack in this episode!

Since 2 would be eliminated, and from the same team, the blue team had to lose because there weren't 2 people on the red team the judges were willing to release.

I'm really proud of Sarah holding strong as long as she did. I would have been bawling by mid service.
    Florimel and Shoepie like this.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Add It Up Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

I agree Brooks. You can tell she was so frustrated by not being allowed in on the process. It must have taken a lot of self-control to keep it together as well as she did. She is mature and a trooper. I loved it too that she picked Troy to win after all of that. She's a class act, as well.
    Florimel and Shoepie like this.
    Happy Birthday, sir, despite the circumstances.--John Green

So overquoted but still so true, just 'don't let the haters stop you from doing your thang.'

+ Reply to Thread