+ Reply to Thread
Page 97 of 207 FirstFirst ... 4787888990919293949596979899100101102103104105106107147197 ... LastLast
Like Tree1045Likes

Thread: MasterChef seasons 1-4

Re: MasterChef

Quote Originally Posted by StarryElf View Post
    Yeah, I know right? Pretty much everyone expected a Frank/Becky final two, with Christine as third. But Becky screwed up and was bottom of the three of them in both challenges in the show tonight, so she was out, but Ramsay told her she had a place in any of his restaurants if she wanted.
    Oh, nice :-) I didn't always like her attitude, but she did seem to be a good cook.

The bottom 4 all loved to cook. Once Frank went home - I had a feeling Becky would as well

Good luck to the F2.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I knew Becky was a goner when they mentioned her greasy and soggy potatoes.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

I am happy to see Christine in the finale but I have to wonder if that outcome seems "too perfect". Out of thousands that applied, a blind girl managed to make the show AND the final 2? I have no douobt she can cook and has a great palate, but I think it might be possible the judges overlooked a thing or two because they wanted her to make the final. I mean what a fantastic feel-good story and an almost impossible task. I have nothing against Christine and am blown away by her abilities given her blindness, but it almost seems like it was a forgone conclusion she would make it to the end from the start of the show. That said I am rooting for her because Josh already got the boot and I hate it when booted contestants get to come back. They have time to rest, regroup, think about what they might've done differently and then come back with a renewed energy and perspective that the others don't have. Josh seems like a perfectly great cook, but he was out once so my vote is for Christine.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    Josh is an excellent cook. He went home for an underdone boiled egg. Big ooops.
    If it's unfair to send someone home for something as simple as an underdone boiled egg, then maybe they shouldn't use that as one of the challenges.

I skipped the show last night and I guess I'll skip the finale. The whole show is beginning to seem too scripted and "set-up" if you will, and I never had that feeling with Masterchef before now.
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

FORT Fanatic

wasn't home last nite, so sorry for the question. someone wrote that becky messed up last nite...and i think, twice. what did she do? hard to imagine her messing up, and esp if she did it twice. thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by babyfat101 View Post
    wasn't home last nite, so sorry for the question. someone wrote that becky messed up last nite...and i think, twice. what did she do? hard to imagine her messing up, and esp if she did it twice. thanks.
    When I saw the two tiny filets she got after butchering the fish in the first challenge, I said "oh oh"... then when they were okay with it, I knew if she had one flaw in the second challenge she would be gone, especially when Christine and Josh blew her out of the water in the first round.

CCL

Quote Originally Posted by babyfat101 View Post
    She was making a fish dish in the first round and had problems butchering it so ended up with two very small fillets and one ugly looking one she put in the stock. The chefs complained the fillets were too small so she switched it up and made a fish stew. I forget what their complaints were at the tasting of the stew.
    The last challenge was to cook legs. Christine got to pick first as she had the best dish - she picked chicken. Josh got to pick next - he chose lamb. Becky was left with the third choice - frogs legs - which she had never cooked or tasted. They said her frogs legs were actually good but the accompanying potatoes, which she had cooked in wine, were soggy and greasy.

I can see how Christine's story is "too perfect" ....but I like her and I'd be happy with her winning. I liked Josh better
    before his return...since he came back he has seemed so cocky.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by CCL View Post
    She was making a fish dish in the first round and had problems butchering it so ended up with two very small fillets and one ugly looking one she put in the stock. The chefs complained the fillets were too small so she switched it up and made a fish stew. I forget what their complaints were at the tasting of the stew.
    I think they said it wasn't a "cohesive" dish.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    What were the little snide comments Josh made non stop about Becky.
    I didn't care for that either and I hope he doesn't turn it all against Christine. I am okay with Christine making the final over Becky but wouldn't really say Becky crashed and burned from the soggy potatoes, when Christine's side dish wasn't very good either. The flavor of Christine's must have just been super outstanding. I was really surprised at Becky's "mystery" box challenge, that was so below her skills. I have a bit of a problem with making anyone cook something they never had as a final test to get into the finals. And while I don't dislike Josh, I am not a fan of bringing anyone back from an elimination thing like this...many other people got eliminated for something equally forgiveable, including Becky's frog legs (which she actually did well).

+ Reply to Thread