+ Reply to Thread
Page 89 of 207 FirstFirst ... 39798081828384858687888990919293949596979899139189 ... LastLast
Like Tree1045Likes

Thread: MasterChef seasons 1-4

FORT Fogey

Re: MasterChef

Monti could not win and I am glad she got this far. I would have just loved to see Josh go instead. He bugs me. She is no competition for Christine, Frank or Becky, I agree.
    AZChristian likes this.

FORT Fogey

Joe seemed out-of-character yesterday with both C and M. Interesting that he was so tender and (almost) tearful.
    Shoepie likes this.

I don't know. I wasn't expecting last season's winner to go far, let alone win and even the year before that (the Pastry Princess). This time, the real top 3 are still in the competition so that is good.
    Shoepie likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much View Post
    Joe seemed out-of-character yesterday with both C and M. Interesting that he was so tender and (almost) tearful.
    I agree, but say what you will about the man (most here I know I've been critical of him on occasion) - he is one of the rare birds out there who judge these things and is genuine when he makes apologies for something he said that was wrong or realizes he's mistaken in his assessments of contestants.

I have a lot of respect for that as much as I did last year when he almost put the wrath of God in that one contestant who was disrespectful and was eating his dish in front of the judges (BTW, one of the rare times that is warranted).

It's also why I'm like ibot2much here - I enjoy Ramsay in this, Kitchen Nightmares and Hotel Hell because he shows a much deeper, kinder and dare I say in-depth man giving his critiques.
    Shoepie likes this.

I really think Josh should have gone home, for the same reason I think David should have gone home the week he won the challenge. In both cases, they had a HUGE advantage over the others & completely squandered it! In David's case, the judges declared his dish to be horrible, nasty & even inedible. In Josh's case, they said that, by changing it, he completely misunderstood the dish & ruined it. Both David & Josh were criticized MUCH more harshly than the others in the bottom & yet they got to stay! WTH is up with that?!?! Monti's not my favorite or anything, but she shouldn't have gone home over someone that started out with an advantage & just plain blew it!
    MiaT2, Shoepie and AZChristian like this.

not a star, not an elf StarryElf's Avatar

I found it a bit insulting to Monti that David was eliminated last week, but was still offered his dream, a position in one of Graham Elliot's restaurants, yet Monti wasn't offered a position or even any assistance with her dream of owning a food truck. That's just wrong, imho. I really thought Josh would go home this week, Monti next week, and the best three would be the final three, Becky, Frank, and Christine. I really hope Christine wins it, but as someone said up-thread, even if she doesn't, Ramsay will most definitely have a place for her, he values a chef's palate above everything else, and Christine's is easily the most refined of the bunch of them.
    Florimel, Shoepie and wannasee like this.

FORT Fogey

I agree. I kept waiting for something to be offered to her. Monti may not have been the most popular contestant but neither was David. I kept thinking "He is an educational administrator?" I hope he deals with adults because his obscene gestures and constant negative comments and refusal to take responsbility for his errors were not behaviors one would want to see in a person associated with children.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much View Post
    "He is an educational administrator?"
    I think that's "resume-speak" for "file clerk in a day care center."
    Shoepie and Uncle David like this.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Thank GOD, Monti's finally gone!
    Uncle David likes this.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

CCL

Quote Originally Posted by StarryElf View Post
    I found it a bit insulting to Monti that David was eliminated last week, but was still offered his dream, a position in one of Graham Elliot's restaurants, yet Monti wasn't offered a position or even any assistance with her dream of owning a food truck. That's just wrong, imho. I really thought Josh would go home this week, Monti next week, and the best three would be the final three, Becky, Frank, and Christine. I really hope Christine wins it, but as someone said up-thread, even if she doesn't, Ramsay will most definitely have a place for her, he values a chef's palate above everything else, and Christine's is easily the most refined of the bunch of them.
    The other eliminated contestants weren't offered anything either though...with David, he lives in Chicago, where Graham's restaurants are located, so he could take a job there if he chose (and I wonder what exactly kind of job Graham would give him; it might not be one at a salary that David wants to give up his current job for). Whereas Monti lives somewhere in the Western US, not near any of their restaurants (I think).
    Last edited by CCL; 08-22-2012 at 07:19 PM.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

+ Reply to Thread