+ Reply to Thread
Page 81 of 207 FirstFirst ... 31717273747576777879808182838485868788899091131181 ... LastLast
Like Tree1045Likes

Thread: MasterChef seasons 1-4

FORT Fanatic

Re: MasterChef

west coaster here...who went home?

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Magnum View Post
    It premiers tonight.

Talk about it here!
    -- Information
    Btw, this is the wrong wki for this Masterchef, here is the right one
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MasterChef_(U.S.)

I really like this show,next to Hells Kitchen, it's my favorite.

Quote Originally Posted by babyfat101 View Post
    west coaster here...who went home?
    Wikipedia page says Felix.

I don't understand the method behind the madness in MasterChef eliminations; at least with Top Chef, you knew the chef who made the worst dish was going home. Here, it feels like they're throwing darts at a dart board.
    Revenge is ice cream.

Why her??? I am so upset. Dont they look at all their work before tonight?

I have to stop getting weepy over these chefs

Monti's desert looked fabulous, as did Becky's.
    Aww Felix
    wannasee likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Very disappointed. Felix's dish didn't look that bad to me and even if it tasted not so great...David had a HUGE advantage and despite Becky giving him the rice, his dessert sucked. Definitely disagree with Frank et al about it being a matter of honor to give him the rice; he tried to pick to screw the others up, he got the examples of desserts and he got to ask some VERY pivitol questions of the chefs. And he still screwed it up. I was with Josh on that, I wouldn't have given it to him (and neither would the chefs). Beyond that...Josh, dude, WTH happened?! Definitely looking like Frank and Becky to the end, nice to see Christine get recognized up front.

Felix was 1B to Christine's 1A for me, so I'm bummed that she's gone. Also, is it just me, or have they just done an inordinate number of desserts on this season of MasterChef? I mean, desserts are usually the kiss of death on even Top Chef, so what's with all these desserts being forced on amateur home cooks?

David's dish looked inedible; I'm not sure I would have been willing to even try it. Apparently, what's wrong with him, is his cooking aesthetic.
    wannasee likes this.
    Revenge is ice cream.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

Why is he still there?

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Bookworm Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Cornholio View Post
    Does anyone else notice how Joe always scrapes the fork against his teeth when he tastes the food as he stares the contestant down? Watch when he tastes it!
    Yes! I find it really annoying.
    Cornholio likes this.

Totally agree that David should have gone home. He's always in the bottom and only been in the top twice. The win was even suspect and he forgot to get rice. I too agree with Josh. It's a competition so....tough. Becky's fault that Felix went home. If she didn't give him the rice, that would have sent David packing instantaneously. But really, David have had many bottom appearances compared to Felix and only escaping elimination by the skin of his teeth. I think his recent top 3 finishes may have factored in him getting saved but his dish seemed to be worse than Felix' considering that he had a HUGE advantage i.e. got tips on how to make corn desserts.

The week before Frank won the challenge and they were to pick their team school yard style. He gets to pick first but then they made them switch teams. I think that's not fair to Frank considering he won the previous challenge. It also wasn't fair for the team he picked because they ended up losing under Monti's leadership which eventually eliminated Josh.

As for bringing back eliminated contestants, I like the twist. But I think the top two should have been Josh and Stacey. Ryan is just annoying and selecting him knowing that the test will be a dessert challenge was a mistake on the judges' part. He was obliterated by Josh 6-0 by the blind taste test.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Add It Up Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cornholio View Post
    Does anyone else notice how Joe always scrapes the fork against his teeth when he tastes the food as he stares the contestant down? Watch when he tastes it!
    Most often, Joe doesn't touch the fork at all. He uses his front teeth to remove the food from the fork so his lips and teeth don't touch the fork and all he tastes is the food. Personally, I hate using a cheap fork and getting that taste in my mouth! Blech!
    That said, I can't imagine that they would use cheap forks to taste the food on this show (or heck, Joe could bring his own fork if his tastesbuds are that sensitive) It's mostly his schtick I guess.
    I like Joe.

Once again, a poor choice of ouster. Clearly, it was David's time to go. And Stacey should still be standing where Josh is.
    Cornholio and AZChristian like this.

+ Reply to Thread