+ Reply to Thread
Page 71 of 207 FirstFirst ... 21616263646566676869707172737475767778798081121171 ... LastLast
Like Tree1045Likes

Thread: MasterChef seasons 1-4

FORT Fanatic

Re: MasterChef

Quote Originally Posted by maude~flanders View Post
    Why are these judges so mean to Felix...make her cry every week.
    Good drama. Maybe she cries too easily. When's the last time you cried "in the work place"?

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    Last season's winner made one of the hugest mistakes she could with a couple of her dishes...
    I'm a newbie to this show. What did last years winner do wrong? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by babyfat101 View Post
    Good drama. Maybe she cries too easily. When's the last time you cried "in the work place"?
    I wonder just how long they hammered away at her, so that she dissolves into a puddle of tears That one clip could have been two hours long.

I agree with someone that posted, they think she is a good chef, they want to make her a bettor one( jmho)
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by babyfat101 View Post
    I'm a newbie to this show. What did last years winner do wrong? Thanks.
    Basically took a great meat and messed it up with a very plain boring dish. She also gave up immunity so she could cook with a $100 truffle and nearly ended up eliminated. She however was a very good chef and earned her win, but these were pretty big mistakes.

Difference between her and say what I saw in Tali? - she admitted she made mistakes and wouldn't take credit on dish ideas that had already been done.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Wasn't it though. Made me go hmmm
    Admittedly I haven't filleted a fish before, but the John Dory to me looks a bit like a snapper, and if they're the similar structure and look, if she's filleted the snapper she's going to have a gist of it.

Though it does sound a bit fishy long term - maybe she's seen them do it the rare times it's cooked on "Hell's Kitchen"?

(I would however want her to win over Becky).

I do genuinely like Monti. She's kind of rough around the edges but not mean, unless they talk crap or give her attitude, in which she can give it right back. Reminds me a bit of Sandra from Survivor, how ironic both are Puertorican, guess we just don't take guff from nobody, hehe. And I am not surprised she did well with the John Dory, since I remember the judges mentioning just how long it was taking her to filet that fish. So it means she really took her time to filet it as carefully as possible, and who knows, she probably has read about how to do so. Once the tedious and meticulous process was done, she just had to cook it right and add some flavor in there.

I do think people are undestimating her, which is dumb, as she's proven to be skilled and work well under pressure. I was not surprised that Blowhard Becky kept talking smack, but I was surprised at seeing Felix be so catty, especially since she's screwed up far worse than Monti ever has. Christine did chuckle a bit on her dish's visual description from Becky and did mention Monti not burning anything this time, but somehow hers did not really sound malicious. I was very satisfied, I must admit, seeing Felix's dish fail and Gordon pretty much tell everyone he doesn't care if Monti memorizes recipes so long as she can cook good food. I admit that Felix and Becky bitching about how Monti "is not Masterchef material because she memorizes recipes", that was seriously ticking me off. Everybody memorizes recipes! From cooking shows, cook books, even from friends and especially from family, and any of those contestants who say otherwise is a hypocrite.

I was bummed to see Christina in the bottom, but I understood why, as her fish looked wrong, even through the tv screen the panko looked totally raw. Seems the simplicity of the fish flummoxed her and she was unsure of what to do, so in trying to keep it too simple, she fumbled and drop the ball. Thankfully, it was obvious she wasn't gonna go home, as it was her first time in the bottom, whereas it was David's second time (I'm not counting pressure tests here) in the bottom two and Tali's fourth, and Tali's dish was just a huge disaster. Thank goodness that hack is done! Now I just hope she can bounce back and impress once again, she's my favorite, alongside Monti.
    maude~flanders and Shoepie like this.

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    Admittedly I haven't filleted a fish before, but the John Dory to me looks a bit like a snapper, and if they're the similar structure and look, if she's filleted the snapper she's going to have a gist of it.

Though it does sound a bit fishy long term - maybe she's seen them do it the rare times it's cooked on "Hell's Kitchen"?

(I would however want her to win over Becky).
    I am not fond of Becky.Becky has enough fondness for herself and me. I still like Frank, and he surprises me each week
    wannasee likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Add It Up Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion spockwhat's Avatar

I'm liking Frank too... and he's getting a great edit. He impresses me not only with his food but his class in P.I's. While everyone else was griping about the choice of fish they got (even David with his easier fish was complaining)... Frank stated that he thought she made smart choices. Then he does a wonderful job with his catfish dish.

The girls in this competition all seem to bitch about each other a lot! (Along with David and even Josh sometimes) Christina does it the least, so I tend to like her best. It also says something that no one seems to bitch about her in particular and that they all seem to like her.
    Monti is more defensive than an attacker but I wonder why they all seem to dislike her so much. I know I tire of the dramatic pride coupled with over the top modesty. "WHat? You like my dish!?! For really??" Just seems kind of put on.
    Of all the snipers, I guess I like Stacey the best. She's really stupid about her attacks on Monti, but she IS surprising everyone with her ability to cook.

I'm hoping Frank and Christina are the final two.
    More likely: Frank and Becky or Frank and Monti.

The 3 most difficult fishes to cook, Rock fish, John Dory, & Catfish were given to Monti, Becky and Frank respecitvely. They ended up having the top dishes. The easiest fishes to cook, Tuna, Salmon and Yellowtail were given to Tali, Christine, and David respectively and they all ended up bottom 3? How ironic! I don't know what's wrong with Felix but she declined immunity before and then she took a Snapper instead of selecting the easiest fish to cook. I understand she loves to cook and she wants to challenge herself but if one is given an advantage, one should take it. Why put yourself in a situation that could put you up for elimination? If she really want to take 250k and her own cookbook then it's worth taking it. Either she's confident in her skills that she can beat all of them or just being dumb.
    jadewarlock likes this.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

Every time someone gets called up in the Top 3, we get a confessional of someone else saying "They shouldn't be up there" or "I'm surprised they made it instead of me". It's getting a bit old.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I dont know why. Maybe they need to pick on someone, and shes an easy target
    They want ratings and drama, probably.

I like Felix.

+ Reply to Thread