+ Reply to Thread
Page 68 of 207 FirstFirst ... 18585960616263646566676869707172737475767778118168 ... LastLast
Like Tree1045Likes

Thread: MasterChef seasons 1-4

Re: MasterChef

I really do think they have about 3 or 4 people that they consider MAsterchef material... the others are being kept around for drama.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

This is my first season watching and I have only seen a few episodes. My question is what does the winner actually win?
    There's no place like home!

Every time I see that Bastianish idiot throw a dish in the trash can while talking all tough, it makes me wish someone would just fish the dish right back out of the trash can and smash it in Bastianish's smug face. He's such a worthless judge.

But yikes, did not expect those eliminations. Again, Tali barely manages to skate by, but I was bothered not seeing him in the bottom 3. He's like the cockroach that won't die no matter how many times you stomp on it. David too seems to be losing it. Those two and Becky really need to go home. Though Becky does have the best record in the competition so far, but I just really dislike her attitude. She's like an obnoxious, annoying tween girl drunk on junior-high clique power, and I just hope she crashes and burns.

Lately they do seem to be eliminating people based on if they make simple mistakes that people competing for MasterChef should not be making. Ryan screwed up his cake batter measurements and his cake never became an actual cake. Anna made her pasta dough in the food processor rather and punctured her tortellinis. Now Tanya left an entire clove of garlic in her dish. I can rather agree on eliminating people based on such things, but honestly, Tali really needs to just leave already....
    Kip likes this.

I really enjoyed seeing Graham cook. I like him
    Kip likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Bookworm Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Quote Originally Posted by captain View Post
    This is my first season watching and I have only seen a few episodes. My question is what does the winner actually win?
    $250,000 and their cookbook published.

Quote Originally Posted by Rembrant View Post
    Every time I see that Bastianish idiot throw a dish in the trash can while talking all tough, it makes me wish someone would just fish the dish right back out of the trash can and smash it in Bastianish's smug face. He's such a worthless judge.
    I agree for the most part - exception was last year when he threatened to throw the one player out of the competition for eating his food in front of the judges because he disagreed with the review.

I mean - yeah, I get irritated with Ramsay throwing food in the garbage and smashing plates in "Hell's Kitchen." That said, those chefs are supposed to be chefs whereas many of the contestants here do not always work with the materials that they're given. And here - they were, including ingredients (at least some).

But yikes, did not expect those eliminations. Again, Tali barely manages to skate by, but I was bothered not seeing him in the bottom 3. He's like the cockroach that won't die no matter how many times you stomp on it. David too seems to be losing it. Those two and Becky really need to go home. Though Becky does have the best record in the competition so far, but I just really dislike her attitude. She's like an obnoxious, annoying tween girl drunk on junior-high clique power, and I just hope she crashes and burns.
    Tali NOT being in the bottom three flummoxed me. He created an unsafe cooking environment with his mess, and in addition his food was bad. He would've been fired for creating a fire hazard and should've been penalized for it. That HAD TO BE producer interference - because given Ramsay's attitudes in "HK," "Kitchen Nightmares" and from what I've seen in promo for "Hotel Hell" (or the variance)... he wouldn't have tolerated it at all.

Becky's attitude sucks. Monti can be annoying but you know what? - I'd rather have annoying and supposedly a plant over the arrogant attitudes. (BTW, I hate saying it - but the electric explosion? - can happen even with newer equipment. With as much electrics they use in the contest including the filming stuff, stuff like that can happen. That said, it is a bit odd to happen twice, but my job pretty much makes me realize - that can simply happen).

Lately they do seem to be eliminating people based on if they make simple mistakes that people competing for MasterChef should not be making. Ryan screwed up his cake batter measurements and his cake never became an actual cake. Anna made her pasta dough in the food processor rather and punctured her tortellinis. Now Tanya left an entire clove of garlic in her dish. I can rather agree on eliminating people based on such things, but honestly, Tali really needs to just leave already....
    Totally agree here on many levels - he's done even simplier mistakes - such as create a food and health safety issue - and skirted out of the bottom three.

BTW - the one highlight for me was seeing Graham cook. His dish looked delicious. I do wonder though how all the contestants could've tried that - there were 12 there at the time and there is no way that dish could feed 12.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

I actually really like Joe. I like all three of the judges. Probably more than any of the contestants.
    Hyper, Shoepie and Photobabe like this.

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    I really do think they have about 3 or 4 people that they consider MAsterchef material... the others are being kept around for drama.
    I hope that is the ONLY reason that Tali is still here.

I disagreed with Mike being eliminated over David. Seriously, if one of the judges declares your dish inedible it should mean instant elimination. Spitting out or throwing in the trash should move you to the head of the line over anyone else (see - Scott/Becky) I think Mike's admission that he forgot his dough recipe was the killer straw.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    I actually really like Joe. I like all three of the judges. Probably more than any of the contestants.
    Same here I dont really have a frontrunner in this MC.( maybe Frank ) I like the judges though
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Unbelievable bottom three and elimination. How is Tali still there????????? He makes a terrible tasting dish (according to the judges) and his station is a pigsty. His was only making a pizza, how do you make that much of a mess????? and wasn't even in the bottom??? WTH?
    With Tiffany staying this week on Hell's Kitchen and Tali on Masterchef - this week has been a bust on eliminations for me this week.
    Photobabe likes this.

+ Reply to Thread