+ Reply to Thread
Page 65 of 207 FirstFirst ... 15555657585960616263646566676869707172737475115165 ... LastLast
Like Tree1045Likes

Thread: MasterChef seasons 1-4

Re: MasterChef

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    I didn't think she used Lady fingers, but I did hear her say balsamic vinegar.
    No , no lady fingers. Its odd because the UK and Australia have Masterchef and provide the recipes.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

It seems to me, that last year, they had the recipes at their cooking stations. They may still have them, but they just aren't showing them to make it more dramatic.

I would think they would have to have a recipe for any baking competition....just because exact measurements are needed for a successful product.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

I'm watching the first episode again and I noticed something really insignificant but a bit ridiculous. The "crowd gasp" sound effect which I've even heard on AGT this week. One of the opening scenes this season used it like three times in a minute.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Add It Up Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    No , no lady fingers. Its odd because the UK and Australia have Masterchef and provide the recipes.
    She did say she made a strawberry preserve using a little balsamic vinegar. She also used lemon curd, marscapone, and had toasted almond on the top. Whether or not she used ladyfingers isn't mentioned but maybe she did?

Here's a link with various combinations of trifles people can try:

English Trifle Recipe - Joyofbaking.com *Tested Recipe*

I think an English trifle may be different than what Americans consider one to be. Personally, I consider a "trifle" to be any kind of layered dessert - could be just berries and cream, could be bananas, pudding and nilla wafers, like AJane intimated, it's the "meatloaf" of desserts!
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat View Post
    She did say she made a strawberry preserve using a little balsamic vinegar. She also used lemon curd, marscapone, and had toasted almond on the top. Whether or not she used ladyfingers isn't mentioned but maybe she did?

Here's a link with various combinations of trifles people can try:

English Trifle Recipe - Joyofbaking.com *Tested Recipe*
    They all look very yummy( I use a little sherry in mine) if I know its adults only. There is so much one can do with a trifle, and I like to add my own touch I grew up with plain Trifle( loved it) but these are far from plain.
    -Andy Rooney-

Trifle's a great dessert to make and I'm not picky about what goes in it....so I didn't mind whether the ones on the show were traditional or not.
    I like the angel food cake pieces in mine....but I'd try them all...fab dessert.
    (darn...now I'm wanting one...and I just bought a bunch of strawberries at the farmer's market....guess I know what I'm making this weekend!)

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    Trifle's a great dessert to make and I'm not picky about what goes in it....so I didn't mind whether the ones on the show were traditional or not.
    I like the angel food cake pieces in mine....but I'd try them all...fab dessert.
    (darn...now I'm wanting one...and I just bought a bunch of strawberries at the farmer's market....guess I know what I'm making this weekend!)
    I am making one to take over my sons 40th( his request) I also use angel food cake.
    -Andy Rooney-

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

ok, it's trifle for dessert tonight. lol! I also like it with angel food cake. My layers: angel food cake, strawberries and strawberry jello, cool-whip, angel food cake, bananas and vanilla pudding, cool whip. Mmmmm!

+ Reply to Thread