+ Reply to Thread
Page 63 of 207 FirstFirst ... 13535455565758596061626364656667686970717273113163 ... LastLast
Like Tree1045Likes

Thread: MasterChef seasons 1-4

Re: MasterChef

Who are your favorites now? Mine are 1) Felix 2) Christine and 3) Frank. The girl with tattoos who made the awesome Italian-inspired trifle (Stacy?) might be making my list soon too! :-)
    It seems like we might need a big thread for MC now with subthreads for each contestant!

I like Frank Josh and Stacy.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

It's great that Frank was able to show that he can do more than pasta this week. I could see him winning for sure!

I like Josh too, I actually felt really bad for him with the team he got stuck with. Ryan and Tali both, ugh.

1) Felix, 2) Christine, 3) Josh.
    Revenge is ice cream.

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat View Post
    I just felt the product placement was kind of lame. I neither hated nor liked it. I suppose I've grown used to them in other shows.

If I can step back an episode, there was an incident I'd like to comment on. During the breakfast at the hotel, Ramsey called for them to stop when Felix was outside of the room... she was working on plating in the hall. She rushed back in and continued working. He started yelling at her, and then when she tried to explain that she didn't hear, he called her a cheater. Completely unfair. We knew she wasn't cheating, only that she didn't hear him. And again, in last night's episode, the judges were absolutely brutal to her, once again, bringing her to tears.
    Makes me wonder if they are picking on her because they know she'll break down and we'll feel bad for her or what. Also, Ramsey should have known that we would SEE that she wasn't cheating and KNOW that he knew she wasn't cheating either. All he managed to do was make himself look like an ass for drama.
    I know, the "cheating" thing was bad enough, but last night was brutal as they ripped her to shreds. You would think they could show a little compassion for someone who is crying that hard and saying she knew it was bad. What's the point in continuing on with crappy comments? She knows! ....and yet they didn't spit it out.....

Trifle is really good! My hubby is English and it's his favorite dessert as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Cornholio View Post
    Who are your favorites now? Mine are 1) Felix 2) Christine and 3) Frank. The girl with tattoos who made the awesome Italian-inspired trifle (Stacy?) might be making my list soon too! :-)
    It seems like we might need a big thread for MC now with subthreads for each contestant!
    Stacy is my dark horse. What she did with that trifle was out of the ordinary and it worked! I like Felix, but I hope she no longer has massive meltdowns as she had yesterday. I was quite surprised by it as she seemed so much tougher.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

I've gone off Felix & Christine. Too many tears. Frank all the way.

I was ticked at Becky's precious little peach dessert being in the top 3. The chefs specifically said that they expected a $40 dish from $15 worth of ingredients. Even in Ramsay's restaurants that dessert wouldn't be $40. Becky should have been called out for that, not rewarded with a top 3 placing.
    Kip, maude~flanders, Hyper and 1 others like this.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Quote Originally Posted by AJane View Post
    I've gone off Felix & Christine. Too many tears. Frank all the way.

I was ticked at Becky's precious little peach dessert being in the top 3. The chefs specifically said that they expected a $40 dish from $15 worth of ingredients. Even in Ramsay's restaurants that dessert wouldn't be $40. Becky should have been called out for that, not rewarded with a top 3 placing.
    I know all the weeping is a bit over the top.

I had no problem with her making a dessert, but you are right, no way is that a $40 dessert! When she brought it up I thought, its a peach on some sauce.... now if she would have whipped up a cake it would be a different story. There are , as on so many of these competition shows, many contradictions on this show.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    I know all the weeping is a bit over the top.

I had no problem with her making a dessert, but you are right, no way is that a $40 dessert! When she brought it up I thought, its a peach on some sauce.... now if she would have whipped up a cake it would be a different story. There are , as on so many of these competition shows, many contradictions on this show.
    If I had gotten served that at a restaurant for 40USD, I probably would send it back. At no point am I going to pay that sum for not even a whole peach, which would taste better raw regardless.
    dagwood likes this.
    Revenge is ice cream.

I don't mind the tears - to a point. Filming any show, and I've filmed as an extra for a movie - can be stressful and things can be taken WAY out of context to the point of tears. People can also ream you for things that really aren't your fault - and sometimes it's their fault (such as them not believing you're a 10AAA in shoes then get mad when the pair you get is too small or wide you can't wear them). In fact that incident I was profusely apologizing to her for having to ask again for new shoes and thanked her when I finally got a pair that fit.

Yes, they can be exaggerated and I feel that at times on these shows with the editing. That said, I can see where it comes from.

Oh and yes, there is no way a peach with some sauce would be a $40 dish. All the more reason I was glad the other girl won and Becky (?) had to grouse. Delicious or not, you weren't going to win.

+ Reply to Thread