+ Reply to Thread
Page 57 of 207 FirstFirst ... 7474849505152535455565758596061626364656667107157 ... LastLast
Like Tree1045Likes

Thread: MasterChef seasons 1-4

To the Point

Re: MasterChef

While I agree that editing is in play w/Ryan, I don't necessarily agree that Monti over-reacted. It was a "frat boy" comment that was way out of line & showed just how deep his attitude goes. I have little tolerance for that kind of thing. If they were really close firends I might give him a pass, but probably not even then. Just based on comments and reactions from the other contestants, he is earning his edit.
    Florimel likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by NCLurker View Post
    While I agree that editing is in play w/Ryan, I don't necessarily agree that Monti over-reacted. It was a "frat boy" comment that was way out of line & showed just how deep his attitude goes. I have little tolerance for that kind of thing. If they were really close firends I might give him a pass, but probably not even then. Just based on comments and reactions from the other contestants, he is earning his edit.
    Agreed. I likely wouldn't be offended if someone I was close to made the same "joke" (though honestly, none of my friends are that much of an a-hole), but I would be appalled if a co-worker did, particularly one I didn't know well.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by NCLurker View Post
    And he had probably been on her and everyone elses nerves for hours. This was the straw. I would not be suprised to hear he had singled her out to harass more than others. He has it in for her and it isn't only about her reaction to his tasteless remark.
    Florimel likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    Christine breaded her sweetbreads in panko.

For those who have never tried them they are delicious! Think of them as the best chicken nugget you will ever have. They are rare to find on a menu but when I do it is thrilling. Without exception, those who take a bite of my order all agree that they are fabulous.
    I love them, we have had them a few times.

Ryan's comments didn't bother me. It almost looked like he was fed the line, no pun intended
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I dunno, Monti seriously gets on my nerves - cannot abide crybabies/victims (she's a comic?? The funniest thing about her are those pretentious retro glasses). Maybe she only likes her own jokes.

Or maybe Monti needs to get over herself a bit. Or, she's working hard to play her part. She got the struggling-single-mom role this season. Wouldn't do to have more than one of those in the top 16. Ryan is a sorry choice of villain. To me, he's more of a Hell's Kitchen candidate. The type who Ramsay would boot second or third.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Well she doesn't act very well. Monti has read her script, or her outline, and she doesn't seem to remember it
    -Andy Rooney-

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    And he had probably been on her and everyone elses nerves for hours. This was the straw. I would not be suprised to hear he had singled her out to harass more than others. He has it in for her and it isn't only about her reaction to his tasteless remark.
    I'm ambivalent about Monti . . . but I must confess to being glad that she mentioned his crude remark to one of the judges. They need to know the character of their contestants, as well as their skill level.
    Florimel likes this.

All the talk about clever editing reminds me of one time that I was watching Chopped, someone had a food issue and they showed another chef gloating, but then they cut to a quick shot and the gloating chef was stone faced. After that I NEVER believe those snarky camera shots.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    All the talk about clever editing reminds me of one time that I was watching Chopped, someone had a food issue and they showed another chef gloating, but then they cut to a quick shot and the gloating chef was stone faced. After that I NEVER believe those snarky camera shots.
    They put those shots in wherever they like (edit edit edit)
    I guess when you watch reality shows enough, you can tell

I have never heard of Chopped, is it still on?
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by maude~flanders View Post
    I don't know if I should duck from incoming after I say this, but I think Monti way over-reacted to Ryan's joke about flashing the soldiers. He was obviously kidding around and she freaked out. I just can't stand people who are always looking for something to be offended about and freak out if anyone dares to make a joke they don't like.
    Look, I'm bloke and I was offended by the "joke", and there's no way you can say he's "obviously kidding around", because it wasn't even shown on air (or if it was, I didn't catch it). If a woman feels that showing her breasts to soldiers in appreciation for what they've done, that's on her; there's seriously no place for a bloke to be saying that kind of thing, particularly if the bloke's justification is, like Monti said, because food wasn't coming out of the kitchen.

Reality is, that's not joke; that's sexual harassment. What'd I'd like to see is for Ryan to be slapped with a lawsuit over it, or at least taken down a peg or ten.
    Revenge is ice cream.

+ Reply to Thread