+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 207 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617181920212223242526272829303171121 ... LastLast
Like Tree1045Likes

Thread: MasterChef seasons 1-4

FORT Fogey

Re: MasterChef

MAx annoyed me, but in the race betwwen Christine and Max, I really couldn't say I was rooting for her. I find her just about as annoying as Max and when someone shouted down encouragement to her about keeping focused, her comment " What the ****do you think I am doing" was totally classless----even more than her usual behavior.

I also think Max's steaks looked closer to the proper doneness. This wasn't a competition about taste---it was appearance and it looked like Max was booted for previous sins

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Add It Up Champion, 7up Pinball Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much
    MAx annoyed me, but in the race betwwen Christine and Max, I really couldn't say I was rooting for her. I find her just about as annoying as Max and when someone shouted down encouragement to her about keeping focused, her comment " What the ****do you think I am doing" was totally classless----even more than her usual behavior.

I also think Max's steaks looked closer to the proper doneness. This wasn't a competition about taste---it was appearance and it looked like Max was booted for previous sins
    Or, Christine was kept for future sins.

This thing is called a pressure test, and as much as I loathe Max, he stayed so cool under pressure during the challenge. Christine was a MESS! She's all drama and the fireworks between her and her team leader (forget her name) should be crazy for the next while. It was close enough the judges could keep the timebomb called Christine and get away with it so of course they did.
    Ironically, Christine did a worse job than Max in the challenge and was justifiably in the bottom two, but she was far more ticked than Max was. It should have been Christine and the team leader in the bottom two, so if anyone had a good reason to be ticked, it was Max, but he kept his cool. Who'dathunkit? Well, good for him for slightly redeeming himself.

Max should have been eliminated the moment her put meat thermometer into the steak.

A good cook knows 2 things- how to tell a steak's doneness by feel and that sticking a thermometer in a steak will let the juices escape. I am not sorry to see Max go - he was an arrogant SOB that needed to be taken down a few pegs.
    Roz

I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken.

I may be in the minority, but I am going to miss Max. He may have been arrogant but he was one 18 year old that was really into cooking, and you don't see too many of those--at least on a tv show. I would have liked to see him go further. The woman who didnt get the boot was very annoying--swearing up a storm, ready to pass out when the judging came and coming across so darn desparate made me not care at all.
    The team captain should have been there and I was shocked that she was allowed to go up to the gallery. Wasnt it because of her that the sausage fell apart?

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus View Post
    Well I have to say that I'm a little sorry to see the arrogant punk leave. For one reason, he apparently hates the same people I do which means he has decent taste if nothing else , and for another reason I would have much preferred that Christine leave. Not only is she guanopsychotic, but her condescending dismissal of New Yorkers is one of those hypocritical things that just drives me nuts.
    You know - it took me a while to get this. But I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh lordy you are so right.

I was actually surprised that Max was eliminated. I thought his steaks overall were better and more consistent with the required doneness than Christine's. Also, I think he is a better cook in general and I thought the judges liked him over her. I was not a fan of all the histrionics that were happening while Christine was cooking and I hate a whiner/cryer more than an arrogant jackass so I would have preferred keeping Max. Plus, I was kind of on his side with the comments about the sausage-making. I mean, what else was he supposed to have done? I think the fault there was squarely on Christine IMO.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Add It Up Champion, 7up Pinball Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus
    Not only is she guanopsychotic,
    Quote Originally Posted by MiaT2 View Post
    You know - it took me a while to get this. But I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh lordy you are so right.

I was actually surprised that Max was eliminated. I thought his steaks overall were better and more consistent with the required doneness than Christine's. Also, I think he is a better cook in general and I thought the judges liked him over her. I was not a fan of all the histrionics that were happening while Christine was cooking and I hate a whiner/cryer more than an arrogant jackass so I would have preferred keeping Max. Plus, I was kind of on his side with the comments about the sausage-making. I mean, what else was he supposed to have done? I think the fault there was squarely on Christine IMO.

I actually got in trouble here once for using the alternative form of guanopsychotic. But they both have a ring to them, so I think I may borrow the Rattus version time to time...

I wasn't too surprised with Max's elimination. He may have been an arrogant and annoying jack but he won't create the drama that Christine will. Classic Gordon Ramsey elimination. More surprising here I guess than Hell's Kitchen, but not too surprising
    Last edited by spockwhat; 06-29-2011 at 10:57 AM.

Max may have been an arrogant jerk, but at least he was more tolerable than Christine. I don't care if Christine is a single mom, she isn't worthy for MasterChef. Based on her whiny attitude, no wonder she is a single mom. Her former guy probably had enough of her BS and left.

I think Christine got the edge despite them both not cooking the steaks properly because of her dessert. Her mousse was good, Max's crepe dessert wasn't. In the end that might have been the deciding factor.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

If I were the lawyer that was in charge of the team for that challenge, I'd be scared about Christine coming at me later!

If there's one think I've learned from Gordon & Hell's Kitchen it's that you check steak's doneness by feeling the steak. Speaking of Hell's Kitchen, have you guys seen the ad for it during MC where the little boy says "shut it down!" It's hysterical!
    Phil: Claire likes to say "You can be part of the problem, or part of the solution." But I happen to believe you can be both. Modern Family

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I, for one, am glad that Max is gone. His 18 year old arse was beyond obnoxious. I think he got an important lesson that has been coming to him in his growing up and his inability to deal with people. He was not the be all and the end all, like he thought he was. 18 year old arrogance.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread