+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1045Likes

Thread: MasterChef seasons 1-4

Re: MasterChef

I thought Jesse made a mistake of picking the kobe beef which she never cooked before. I think she should have chosen the cheese. Her advantage wasn't really much, she should been made to choose for the other two also. I wished for a Luca and Jesse finale but it didn't happen. Now I want Luca to win. All the underdogs win in Masterchef. Also glad that Krassy lost in a baking test...lol.

I think it will be Luca for the win. He has come off as the nicest, he is funny and as they need a male winner. Natasha has been too mean on the show or at least has the worse edit of the two.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

FORT Regular

I wanted a Jessie and Luca in the finale only because I think it will be easier for Luca to beat Jessie. Natasha will be tough to beat. She really is a great cook. But I want Luca to win. He is quite personable, funny and just a great guy overall. I would love to see him have his own cooking show. I also think he will sell more cookbooks than Natasha.
    dzigner likes this.

FORT Fogey

Again, I am amazed that the three judes went out of their way to ooze over K. They had done it before, like she is an extra-special sweetheart who will be missed by all....why all the special sweetness directed toward her -----more than once???

Is Luca's book available yet? Hubby wants me to buy it for him as a Christmas present. ;^)

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Add It Up Champion, 7up Pinball Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, Bejeweled® 2 Action Champion spockwhat's Avatar

I'd be shocked if Luca didn't win. It is a show about character over talent, so as soon as Luca had his miraculous turnaround mid-season, it seemed to be a given.

Oddly enough, Luca and Krissi are bedfellows. They both made it further than they should have due to their characters... but Krissi was destined to leave because she's a jerk, and Luca is destined to win because he's the loveable nice guy. Are they top four cooks? I don't think so. Like James and others before her, Jessie was robbed. People aren't as upset, because she was robbed by Luca instead of Krissi. But it's still being robbed.

Eh, this show is a farce. I don't think I'll buy Luca's book. Mainly because this show has took me on a trip, slapped me in the face and called me stupid. I like Luca, and I wish him well, but I won't buy into the Masterchef franchise.
    pikachu likes this.
    Happy Birthday, sir, despite the circumstances.--John Green

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen View Post
    Me too — but mainly because it's an insult to the bovine community.
    I have been calling her a heinous war hog and my husband said that I needed to stop insulting war hogs like that.

I have not watched this show since Bri got booted a second time, why even bring her back if not to send Krassi home? You'd think I would want to watch the show that finally sends that nasty excuse for a human home? But no. This season has turned me off this show.

I won't be watching the next one.
    Florimel likes this.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat View Post
    Oddly enough, Luca and Krissi are bedfellows. They both made it further than they should have due to their characters... but Krissi was destined to leave because she's a jerk, and Luca is destined to win because he's the loveable nice guy. Are they top four cooks? I don't think so. Like James and others before her, Jessie was robbed. People aren't as upset, because she was robbed by Luca instead of Krissi. But it's still being robbed.
    I have to disagree with you on this for one reason: James and Jessie may be excellent cooks, but this is still a contest. You live and die by the challenges.

And in both of their cases, they made mistakes that took them out of the competition whereas Luca did make mistakes, but they were not as bad.

James had enough errors in his panna cotta to be eliminated. He also had some serious errors in other challenges.

Jessie made a bad choice to not plate something that really would've improved her dish. In a final three challenge, those tiny mistakes will be the difference.

Plus, she had issues cooking the Kobe beef. This is a beef that does have excellent marbling, however, because of the nature of how this beef is raised and the fact it has a lower fat melting point than regular beef, it does require a lot of extra care and attention. In the final three when you have the choice of three items, you should choose the item which you know you can cook with plus screw the others.

I honestly think that had she chosen the cheese, Natasha would've naturally chosen the Kobe beef and then Luca would've been stuck with the king crab, and we'd had an all female final.

Luca - most of the mistakes I noticed were bad choices, or those made during mystery box challenges. Examples, the fish sauce choice was during a mystery box challenge, the final three mystery box challenge another example.

He went up against a semi-likable cook in the case of Katie with the poached lobster, and narrowly won that one.

As I said I will not say that Luca was the best of the best, but I will say that in his case, the other chefs who were eliminated over him were IMHO the worst in those challenges.

I do agree on Krissie however there was a DEFINITE playing for the ratings factor. She had enough major errors that she should've been eliminated before Bri and James. She also qualified for almost if not all elimination challenges when a team lost. That is a bad record and she should've been cut earlier on.

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    Jessie made a bad choice to not plate something that really would've improved her dish. In a final three challenge, those tiny mistakes will be the difference.
    This had to have been against the "rules". Has it ever happened before? They're judged based on what they present. Jessie didn't present it. If she had known it was a possibility she might have tossed it in the garbage ahead of time. This is all so rigged, we can't know if it was really that deserving.

This is why she couldn't win -

Known by TV viewers as the Mississippi belle whose demure demeanor belied nerves of steel and true culinary skill, America watched Whitney Miller crush the competition and become the first winner of MasterChef Season 1.
    Another southern belle just wasn't in the cards. The judges needed an excuse or two.

All that BS about cooking something she hadn't cooked before (perhaps had never used that cheese or that crab before either, we weren't told) was another completely BS excuse. Bri the vegetarian did terrifically with a lot of stuff she had never cooked before and was commended when her dishes turned out. I thought all the judges, at least any who said something, agreed the Kobe beef was cooked perfectly. Jessie was whacked a few competitions ago for playing it too safe too late into the competition. She said she had read a lot about Kobe, that should be enough for a talented cook to give it a try. And she was trying to leave Luca with something he couldn't handle so it was also a strategic move.

I heart Luca.

I think his biggest issue right now is inconsistency. When he's on, he's amazing, but when he tries to attempt some things, he falters. In his cheese veal dish, the judges did credit him for the number of difficult techniques used. In his ravioli dish he was dinged for the cheese sauce. I also was amused at his ploy to use the cheese. That was the first time I can remember seeing him strategically attempt to "play the game".

Jessie was good but she's inconsistent too. I was worried that she was going to get in to the finale over Luca.

Natasha's empanada dish was clearly the winner of that round but I couldn't quite get behind the judges raves over her cold crab salad. It may have tasted delicious but that didn't come through in TV in this case (for me, for you)
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

+ Reply to Thread