+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1045Likes

Thread: MasterChef seasons 1-4

Re: MasterChef

I still haven't watched it. I don't know if I will or not. Doesn't say much for the show
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

When the judges had no choice but to put Krissi and Natasha as the Bottom 2, the production probably said "No we must keep both queen bitches at all costs! For ratings!" So that's where the rigged non-elimination came in. Then of course when both of them can be spared over James, that's what happens.
    wannasee likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen View Post
    Packaged puff pastry was one of the mystery-box ingredients.
    Thanks! I must have missed that.
    so that means that is was perfectly acceptable.... so why was Krissi being so sarcastic about it?
    Was Natasha being nasty also about the puff pastry? I must have zoned out there.

FORT Fogey

And that is why I am not in agreement with the "editing" POV. Nobody faked the two of them being snippy about the puff pastry.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Personally, I couldn't care less if there's parity of genders among the winners of these silly gameshows. So, I am still rooting for Jessie!

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I still haven't watched it. I don't know if I will or not. Doesn't say much for the show
    I finally got around to watching it. Only because I had nothing left on the DVR. What a disappointment to have them wuss out with the first elimination and not send Krissi or Natasha home. I really wish the producers would just let the competition happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    so why was Krissi being so sarcastic about it?
    Um, because she's Krissi?
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

I liked seeing their sons. James screwed up twice - raw chicken and his dessert didn't set properly
    I think Luca and Jessie are the F2 with Luca who is improving each week winning. I really like Jessie as well.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

The show always want the underdog to win like the blind girl last year, the blonde girl of the year before and the youngest girl who won the first season. So I suspect that Luca will win the whole thing.

Quote Originally Posted by jammyjoe View Post
    The show always want the underdog to win like the blind girl last year, the blonde girl of the year before and the youngest girl who won the first season. So I suspect that Luca will win the whole thing.
    Most likely, you are going to be correct.
    We always view it as a real contest....silly us.
    TPTB know better than us...why leave it to chance when you can fool around w/it??

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I liked seeing their sons. James screwed up twice - raw chicken and his dessert didn't set properly
    I think Luca and Jessie are the F2 with Luca who is improving each week winning. I really like Jessie as well.
    Agree on the sons, hilarious on Graham's 2 1/2 year old! They sure did come up with some interesting ingredients.

I was a bit confused when first reading the thread, because I thought, of course, James was in trouble, with the "RAWR" chicken. But...my DVR didn't record the whole show and I hadn't even seen the dessert thing. Really mixed on that whole thing because James was told he was in the finals, but the screw-up on not eliminating Nastyasha or Krustie left him with as little of an advantage as Brie, that time.

I am crossing my fingers on your F2, FM!

CCL

Quote Originally Posted by AJane View Post
    I knew puff pastry takes forever to make, but I wasn't sure exactly how long (it would never occur to me to try to make such a thing ) so I did a quick google search - it takes three days to make it from scratch. I think Natasha & Krissi should have put their baker's egos aside and just used the packaged stuff.
    Rough puff pastry is a type of puff pastry that can be made in about an hour from scratch ( I've been watching too many bake-off shows).
    libgirl2 likes this.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

+ Reply to Thread