+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1045Likes

Thread: MasterChef seasons 1-4

Re: MasterChef

re: James and his chowder - He described it as a chowder but the judges said it was more like a sauce. Not only was it super thick but there didn't seem like there was enough of it to call it a stew or a chowder.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

Quote Originally Posted by tbamom View Post
    I didn't put Eddie in my chef pool but I put him as my boyfriend reserve (along with Howard). I guess I should have given him more credit.
    It seems all of sudden Eddie has emerged.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

Eddie has emerged as Jordan has slipped further into the background

Quote Originally Posted by Kip View Post
    I love James but his chowder looked more like a thick stew - when one of the judges took a spoonful, it left a hole.

Bethy? I don't even remember her.

Agreed that Luca's mushrooms looked awful. Like a cat turd? Please! My cat's turds look better than that. Since it tasted good, it probably should have been hidden in pasta.
    I still say it looked like gruel or oatmeal actually.

That said, you do have a good point - why NOT have made or gotten pasta and mixed the "soup" in more as a pesto or sauce (it was thick enough) and add the toppings on it (or even a mild amount of tomato or complimentary veggie to the mushrooms)?

It'd accomplished the task better and might've looked a bit more appetizing.

I loved what they cooked outside. I gasped when Bri dropped a plate before they served, and when Jordan tasted the other teams, he knew the red team had won

The pressure test really was one..OMG! I thought Jessie was gone. Jordans hands sure shake

Bye Bye Bri..

When she was outside and not under the lights, she looked really pretty. Krissie( the hated Krissie) her and Bri were chatting quite nicely when they cooked together. Methinks that's all played up for the cameras. But those earrings on Krissie, they looked awful- let production know hubby and I hated them
    Cornholio and Photobabe like this.
    -Andy Rooney-

158 pages and Masterchef still do not have its own thread on the main page!

Anyway, it wasn't fair that Brie won the challenge before and then was given the team she didn't want. So what was the point of winning the challenge before that? This lead to her elimination. Can't believe they saved Chrissie who will be a huge flop if she wins because nobody is going to buy her book. I hope next time she and Luca will be in the bottom so Luca can have her head handed on a silver platter.

I was hoping for Red team to lose but they won (even though Blue team made pasta the Red team had the more challenging meat and the presentation was way better) and I thought Jordan was going home but then the opposite always happens...LOL.
    Kip and Florimel like this.

Krissi = drama/conflict, that is why they are keeping her around.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    Krissi = drama/conflict, that is why they are keeping her around.
    Yes, I agree. I don't think she's a bad cook though. Watching her last night, she knows what she is doing.
    I knew they wanted to save her, b/c the others are seen as a threat, plus Krissi would likely have done éclairs well- she loves to bake
    -Andy Rooney-

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Bookworm Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Quote Originally Posted by jammyjoe View Post
    ....Anyway, it wasn't fair that Brie won the challenge before and then was given the team she didn't want. So what was the point of winning the challenge before that? This lead to her elimination....
    I agree. Brie gained no advantage whatsoever from winning last week's challenge. Seems unfair, even though I'm not sure having the other team would have made a difference. Krissi seemed to play nice though.

I hate any twist that lets teammates save the worst competitor in order to take out better cooks. Krissi probably wouldn't have gone home anyway with that baking challenge, but still, it's the principle of the thing. Let the losing team captain save some one - they'll send up a good cook so they can compete against the lesser (at least perceived lesser) cooks. That's the way it should be.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Yes, I agree. I don't think she's a bad cook though. Watching her last night, she knows what she is doing.
    I knew they wanted to save her, b/c the others are seen as a threat, plus Krissi would likely have done éclairs well- she loves to bake
    I agree, she is a pretty good cook, better then I am that is for sure.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

+ Reply to Thread