+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1045Likes

Thread: MasterChef seasons 1-4

  1. #1551
    Live-Love-Laugh Fanny Mare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    25,201

    Re: MasterChef

    zoo- was it a repeat
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

  2. #1552
    FORT Fogey jadewarlock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    4,203

    Re: MasterChef

    Quote Originally Posted by zookeepertx View Post
    Watching tonight's epi; I'm starting to think we're going to be stuck with freaking Krissie FOREVER!! And, can we please just see Bri's dish & hear her critiques without having to see Krissie's smarmy face & listen to her whiney voice?? Just once? PLEASE??
    I agree but hopefully it's foreshadowing Krissie's possible elimination next week.

    Seriously - she can't win (Not unless FOX wants egg on their face), so why not eliminate her quickly?

    As far as the mushroom dishes, it's amazing to me to see that the canned mushroom ones were passing to very good. Luca's - yeah, a bit thick and looked like gruel but at least it was safe.

    The ones with the FRESH mushrooms messed them up big time. It amazed me how many seemed to be totally washed too, but that messes up some of the flavor of the mushrooms.

    It IS nice to see someone get an advantage and actually make said advantage work. I'm not surprised with the eliminated contestant though given what they created. I was also disappointed that someone who got fresh mushrooms pulverized them the way they did.

  3. #1553
    FORT Fogey zookeepertx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    NE TX
    Posts
    1,475

    Re: MasterChef

    Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    zoo- was it a repeat
    The first hour was a repeat. Second hour was new.

  4. #1554
    FORT Fogey xmaskat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    3,519

    Re: MasterChef

    Who went home tonight? I accidentally recorded on the wrong channel . Gah...I hate when I do that.

  5. #1555
    Live-Love-Laugh Fanny Mare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    25,201

    Re: MasterChef

    Quote Originally Posted by zookeepertx View Post
    The first hour was a repeat. Second hour was new.
    Great thank you!
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

  6. #1556
    FORT Fogey zookeepertx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    NE TX
    Posts
    1,475

    Re: MasterChef

    Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    I agree but hopefully it's foreshadowing Krissie's possible elimination next week.

    Seriously - she can't win (Not unless FOX wants egg on their face), so why not eliminate her quickly?

    As far as the mushroom dishes, it's amazing to me to see that the canned mushroom ones were passing to very good. Luca's - yeah, a bit thick and looked like gruel but at least it was safe.

    The ones with the FRESH mushrooms messed them up big time. It amazed me how many seemed to be totally washed too, but that messes up some of the flavor of the mushrooms.

    It IS nice to see someone get an advantage and actually make said advantage work. I'm not surprised with the eliminated contestant though given what they created. I was also disappointed that someone who got fresh mushrooms pulverized them the way they did.
    Yeah, Eddie made the most of his advantage! I was surprised, too, at how the ones with the fresh mushrooms messed up!

    I was a bit annoyed at their exact criticisms of James' dish. They kept saying how it was too thick & one of them mentioned the word soup. But didn't James say it was a chowder? And isn't chowder supposed to be thicker than soup?

  7. #1557
    FORT Fogey zookeepertx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    NE TX
    Posts
    1,475

    Re: MasterChef

    Quote Originally Posted by xmaskat View Post
    Who went home tonight? I accidentally recorded on the wrong channel . Gah...I hate when I do that.
    Bethy went home. She showed a lot of class in her exit, too!

  8. #1558
    Kip
    Kip is offline
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Bookworm Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Sky Blocks Champion
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    1,679

    Re: MasterChef

    Quote Originally Posted by zookeepertx View Post
    Yeah, Eddie made the most of his advantage! I was surprised, too, at how the ones with the fresh mushrooms messed up!
    ....
    Oh, thank goodness, Eddie won the mystery box challenge. I'm on the West Coast and am just at the point where the winner will be announced after the commercials. I didn't want to watch if it was Krissie.
    Last edited by Arielflies; 07-18-2013 at 01:08 PM.

  9. #1559
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    13,531

    Re: MasterChef

    Eddie was very smart in his choices. I am not sure if he planned it as carefully as it turned out, though.

    I knew Bri was winner the minute I saw her dish. That is how to do mushrooms for them to be the star. I do something similar when I can get fancy mushrooms. No sauce, just buttery grilled goodness.

    I love sausage of all kinds (kielbasa excluded) so I wanted to taste all of them! The breakfast chicken and fresh mozzerella interested me the most. I wanted the entire plate! I forget who won that one and I deleted. Who was it?

  10. #1560
    FORT Fogey TripleGemini's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Lynn, MA
    Posts
    2,184

    Re: MasterChef

    Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    I love sausage of all kinds (kielbasa excluded) so I wanted to taste all of them! The breakfast chicken and fresh mozzerella interested me the most. I wanted the entire plate! I forget who won that one and I deleted. Who was it?
    Natasha made the breakfast chicken with fresh mozzarella. Eddie won.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.