+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 207 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223242565115 ... LastLast
Like Tree1045Likes

Thread: MasterChef seasons 1-4

Re: MasterChef

I loved how Gordon ate that whole sausage roll thing! It was hilarious. Also loved how giddy he was with the Scottish woman.
    The Joe guys bugs me, but I guess if he gives you a yes, you know you rock!
    Phil: Claire likes to say "You can be part of the problem, or part of the solution." But I happen to believe you can be both. Modern Family

Can't be said enough, Gordon is awesome on this show. Joe is playing a part but you can tell when he likes something, he turns his back and gives a barely noticeable nod or he rubs his chin. He always does a little something, it's when he does absolutely nothing that he hates the dish.

I have no doubt that the mom would have been devastated if she'd gotten in and her son hadn't. Regardless of what she was claiming, that was real joy on her face when she saw her son had made it. She would have cried and begged them to give her spot to him if it had gone the other way.

I REALLY like the guy (whom I am convinced I've seen elsewhere) that is a truck driver and wants to win to bring some culture to his small town where all they eat is deep fried breaded fish. He made the mahi mahi.

Also liked the guy who made his own immersion tank, he impressed the heck out of those judges and is just so plain lovable. He did the egg on rice, Polynesian style.

And then there is the guy who hasn't used anything he's made himself in two years, he made the sausage dish.

Who was the guy that the judges were all "That is delicious!" One of the first ones they showed.

I predict that the Architect and Lawyer will completely self-destruct. They are already a bundle of nerves and want it too much. That is never a good thing and guaranteed to make them fail.

Was this the first show of this season? My DVR has been acting weird and not recording stuff, so not sure.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

FORT Fogey

They have had two shows so far, Harmony. Not sure which one is which, they both blurr for me.

All I know of Graham Elliot is that he has these lobster corn dogs at Lollapalooza every year, which are quite good.
    I don't know man I don't know man I don't know man I don't know I don't know

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000 View Post

Also liked the guy who made his own immersion tank, he impressed the heck out of those judges and is just so plain lovable. He did the egg on rice, Polynesian style.
    pretty sure that was a loco moco, dear lord can't get away from that on any of the islands in hawaii. He of course did the alton brown science thing which instantly makes him my favorite.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    This is the first season I'm getting to watch this show, and I have to say it is refreshing to see Gordon's softer side. Personally, I think he has these two sides for a reason (and not drama) - with the MasterChefs, some of them do not know how to do some proper steps and are learning. The one who make "Hell's Kitchen" should know a lot of the basics that he yells them out for.
    Gordon is at his best on kitchen nitemares UK, not best like best manners, but he is actually a human being, which is cool. Of course hells kitchen is nice for a change, real honesty while kitchen nitemares US, is just stupid, too much "americanized" drama.

btw, Gordons restaurant in NY sucks $400 for a sub-par fine dining experience, he should do a kitchen nitemares on his own restaurant. Sure it was above average food, if the bill was $60 but not for $400, had a better experience at morimoto's in philly if we were to compare fine dining celebrity chef restaurants.

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000 View Post

I predict that the Architect and Lawyer will completely self-destruct. They are already a bundle of nerves and want it too much. That is never a good thing and guaranteed to make them fail.
    I agree about those two, which is too bad because they both seem like good cooks.
    I was grossed out by the naked woman and the sushi. I'm sure the judges liked it and the producers liked it but haven't we come further than that by now?? Did that guy really think that gimmick would win???? Dumb man. Dumb naked woman.
    cablejockey likes this.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    I agree about those two, which is too bad because they both seem like good cooks.
    I was grossed out by the naked woman and the sushi. I'm sure the judges liked it and the producers liked it but haven't we come further than that by now?? Did that guy really think that gimmick would win???? Dumb man. Dumb naked woman.
    He was pouring soy sauce on sushi too... i think it went somewhere not intended.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Add It Up Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    I'm with you on that. "Gordon Ramsey ate Sushi off of me!" woowee, get a life. Unfortunately, this is about the only scene I've seen so far because of the Stanley Cup Playoffs. Don't tell any Canadians, but... stupid hockey.

I kind of stumbled across this show and really liked it. Its just like all those competition shows--American Idol, Project Runway, or Chopped that follow a formula. But this looks like it will be more fun to watch! Plus the people are more like our neighbours and friends, so you can get into their success or failure more.

+ Reply to Thread