+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1045Likes

Thread: MasterChef seasons 1-4

Re: MasterChef

Why is Masterchef not on the main thread and lumped along with these other crappy reality shows? And yet Teen Mom is on it?! Travesty!

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

I so agree.

Sasha Foxx also agrees. Mmmhmm.
    sunshine3331 likes this.

Well I didn't catch this episode but I'm at the very end now. Looks like they had a Pressure Test where they had to make some cheesecake or whatever.

The bottom 2 were Savannah and Adriana, and surprisingly, Adriana was eliminated. Was she on my team?

Yep. Darn.

Well, there were actually two episodes tonight.

In the second episode, Luca won the MB, Bethy and Bime won the Elimination Test, and Malcolm got the boot.

Well, I took Bime off my team for James, and then he goes on to win a challenge. Oh well.

I will say this much about Joshua - he is an arrogant turkey with really no class.

First he goes and says that he - the troublemaker in the team challenge - should be safe from the pressure cooker contest.

Then when Luca says that Joshua is safe for his cupcake even after losing his mixer as part of the Mystery box challenge winner prize, Joshua preens and says something relatively arrogant about himself, essentially "I think Luca couldn't accept I beat him at his own game..." Never mind that Luca's reaction about the cupcakes that Joshua made was the utmost respect and courtesy for Joshua's success, not a "I'm defeated, you're superior" or the "Drats, foiled again" face. Huge difference between what he sees and what we see in that challenge - especially when Luca liked the cupcake he asked to bring it back to his table.

Or in short, the sooner Joshua is out the better (and what is it with Joshuas and this show? Last season's Josh was a similar attitude, and time will tell if this season's Joshua needs a twist in order to return if he's eliminated).

As far as the mystery box challenge - loved the twist and the humor (and maybe slight arrogantness) of Ramsay taking a walk, making himself a cup of hot tea and a few other things for half an hour before he gets to work on his mystery box dish. That said, it was tempered with the judges in turn giving the utmost respect for almost all the dishes made (the exception being of course the raw one, which is understandable).
    Kip and TripleGemini like this.

Jordan?

As far as the mystery box challenge - loved the twist and the humor (and maybe slight arrogantness) of Ramsay taking a walk, making himself a cup of hot tea and a few other things for half an hour before he gets to work on his mystery box dish.
    So did I. I might get a pic of his dish as my avatar soon.

I meant Jordan... but the opinion about him remains the same.

Only one I've got the name right on so far is Luca, and that's because of Ramsay's psych out last week on him and the unusual name.

I'm not a big fan of Jordan and he's coming across as bit of a jerk and a villain... and those don't win. Yet I have him as my Masterchef. Oh well.

I like Luca a lot so far. One of my favorites.
    sunshine3331 likes this.

FORT Fogey

I had no problem with Jordan saving himself; as he said, it is a competition and every man for himself. Luca, on the other hand, is a bit pompous, so I was glad that the hand mixed cupcake turned out so well.

Luca liking the cupcake didn't earn him any points in my eyes. The guy transcended Luca's "punishment" for saving himself. Good for him.
    Shoepie likes this.

+ Reply to Thread