+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: 1/6 MC Junior 3 Premiere Show Discussion

1/6 MC Junior 3 Premiere Show Discussion

"Season Premiere - The Class Of 2015" - 19 new chefs faced a mystery box and a pasta challenge.

Enjoy the show!
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Re: 1/6 MC Junior 2015 Premiere Show Discussion

Again already? This getting to be too often.
    Revenge is ice cream.

Animals over People :) Fanny Mare's Avatar

It was cute, but a little too soon for me..
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

So Ramsay's "OMFG" joke bit him back. I hope whichever girl said "you have a reputation" helps him understand youngsters are watching his other programs and he should clean up his act.

I'm sorry AJ was tossed for inability to produce a perfect Italian dish after saying how qualified she was to do it. I wanted to see more of her.

One boy didn't have enough salt, another fatal error which usually contestants much farther down the line can still recover from.

The bar is very high this time.
    bamafan likes this.

Summertime Living Easy Arielflies's Avatar

The cute factor is in overdrive this season. Every time they say the BEST young cooks in America, I wonder if they have already thrown the last two seasons of the BEST young cooks in America in the trash.
    Brooks likes this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    ... I wonder if they have already thrown the last two seasons of the BEST young cooks in America in the trash.
    No don't you realize that EVERY season is the best season ever and that dish is always the "best dish I have EVER tasted."

Sort of the standby on every Ramsey show, you know there will be a commercial break right before an announcement. You know there will be cussing (or allusion to cussing on Juniors) and many more things that are in every show he is on.

I just watched the premiere today. Early favorites are Riley, Kaylah, Jenna, and Cory. I was sad to see AJ go so soon. In fact it was tough to see 5 young chefs eliminated so soon. Those pasta dishes looked delicious! Of course I didn't want anyone to go home. Im looking forward to see what they will cook next and hopefully we get to see more airtime of the remaining young chefs a few of them I dont think got any airtime but they survived the first round
    wannasee likes this.
    “Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend.”- Albert Camus

I know, You know, Asteroids Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Add It Up Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, Bejeweled® 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion

Quote Originally Posted by marauder View Post
    No don't you realize that EVERY season is the best season ever and that dish is always the "best dish I have EVER tasted."

Sort of the standby on every Ramsey show, you know there will be a commercial break right before an announcement. You know there will be cussing (or allusion to cussing on Juniors) and many more things that are in every show he is on.

I've enjoyed Ramsey's shows over the years, but always the first season more than any either. His fatal flaw in television production is his incessant need to follow a set script and formula for every show. He casts the same people in the same roles (voila, we have a boy who is quite cocky this season, we have a ridiculously cute 8 year old, etc.) He follows the same formula for commercial breaks, etc., as you mentioned. There's the whole bad chef/nice chef/ Gordon routine.
    It always comes down to the "tie breaker" (the most annoying repetitive aspect of any of his shows) The show will not fall apart if someone wins the appetizer and the entree (and the winner is decided) before the dessert has been judged. It doesn't matter if the judging is real or not, but it is his job to make us think it is.

Anyway, I'm hesitant to think of this as a real competition, but I do enjoy watching those talented kids cook! It's pretty amazing to watch a future generation of chefs do their stuff.

The previews of the judges being hit in the face with pies...do we see which kids those are?

I know, You know, Asteroids Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Add It Up Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, Bejeweled® 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks View Post
    The previews of the judges being hit in the face with pies...do we see which kids those are?
    At least one of them, if I recall correctly.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast