+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: 12/9 MC Junior 2. Show Discussion

Summertime Living Easy Arielflies's Avatar

12/9 MC Junior 2. Show Discussion

They are down to the final 4, I do believe. Fascinating kids, fun show.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

12/9 MC Junior 2. Show Discussion

I'm really bummed that both of the girls got eliminated.

ETA: I really liked that Joe made the girls laugh when they were crying. I also think it's great that the judges step in before the kids really get stuck. When Logan made the mistake on his salmon it looked like Ramsey stepped in at the right time to keep him from spinning his wheels and wasting tom much time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    teatime likes this.

Re: 12/9 MC Junior 2. Show Discussion

Wow. They shocked me with that one! I was convinced Adaiah was going to win!!
    wannasee likes this.
    "Everything you do matters. Every moment, every decision you make it affects the people around you it changes the world in a million imperceptible ways. No matter what your reality, you can make it better." -- Richard Castle

Animals over People :) Fanny Mare's Avatar

I cried right along with Abby. I was so happy when Joe went to her, that's the side of him I like to see. When he picked her up at the end, all I could think , was how well she had done. I am so pleased little Logan is in the F2, something about that kid has grown on me. Because he is bigger, I keep forgetting Samuel is only 12, and the way he cooks is way beyond his year. Love this show ♥

I could not fillet a fish if I was shown 25 times!! omg
    Punkin, dzigner, Cootie and 1 others like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

I have absolutely no problem with two boys being in the finals. 4 of the 5 Masterchef winners have been women. I don't have a problem with a boy winning back to back Masterchef Junior seasons.

I hate/love this show. I hate this show because each week I shed tears as my heart is repeatedly broken. However, I think the Chefs and producers handle it well. While disappointment is an inherent component of competition, the children are given support and comfort as they face challenges that are well beyond their years.

On the other hand, I love this show for many reasons, not the least of which is the children they choose to be in the competition. These are wonderful children. In this day and age where we continue to popularize Teen Moms, idiots at the Jersey Shore, and a slew of other miscreants that represent the worst of our society it is heartening to see some of the best of our society represented on this show.
    Punkin, shyra, dzigner and 8 others like this.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David View Post
    I have absolutely no problem with two boys being in the finals. 4 of the 5 Masterchef winners have been women. I don't have a problem with a boy winning back to back Masterchef Junior seasons.

I hate/love this show. I hate this show because each week I shed tears as my heart is repeatedly broken. However, I think the Chefs and producers handle it well. While disappointment is an inherent component of competition, the children are given support and comfort as they face challenges that are well beyond their years.

On the other hand, I love this show for many reasons, not the least of which is the children they choose to be in the competition. These are wonderful children. In this day and age where we continue to popularize Teen Moms, idiots at the Jersey Shore, and a slew of other miscreants that represent the worst of our society it is heartening to see some of the best of our society represented on this show.
    I think that if John was to read your post, in a past era he would have given you a badge and proclaimed it the "Post of the Week". It was very thoughtfully written.

I would love it if they could bring this same cast back a year later and have them do it again. These are some cool kids. They sure know how to cook! And they love food.
    Last edited by Cootie; 12-10-2014 at 02:41 AM.

Why did they have to go overboard last night showing Abby screwing up? First, there's the fish competition that someone her size is automatically going to have problems with no matter what their cooking skills. Just. Not. Fair. Then during the elimination challenge they make fun of her inability to concentrate. Ok, I got she wasn't going to make the finals but why put her through that when they never showed anything like that before?

Animals over People :) Fanny Mare's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks View Post
    Why did they have to go overboard last night showing Abby screwing up? First, there's the fish competition that someone her size is automatically going to have problems with no matter what their cooking skills. Just. Not. Fair. Then during the elimination challenge they make fun of her inability to concentrate. Ok, I got she wasn't going to make the finals but why put her through that when they never showed anything like that before?
    There are only 4 children, how do you fill that time ? I loved that Abby would skip off , for yet another ingredient- it made me love her even more
    Photobabe likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks View Post
    Why did they have to go overboard last night showing Abby screwing up?
    Because of Abby's popularity I wonder if the producers felt they had to make a solid case for Abby not being in the finals.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David View Post
    Because of Abby's popularity I wonder if the producers felt they had to make a solid case for Abby not being in the finals.
    That was my impression, and that they went overboard in the effort.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast