+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: 8/4 MasterChef 5: Episode 11 **West Coast Spoilers**

Time to Come Back, Boys Arielflies's Avatar

8/4 MasterChef 5: Episode 11 **West Coast Spoilers**

The cream is rising to the top. What evil machinations do the judges have in store for the eager contestants tonight?
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Re: 8/4 MasterChef 5: Episode 11 **West Coast Spoilers**

I missed the last few minutes because people were standing between me and the screen (I was in someone else's hospital room and the team came in at a very inconvenient moment...)

So who won the pasta challenge and who was tossed? I know they really disliked Daniel's version and were glowing about Jamie's.

Jamie came in first, Courtney came in second.

Daniel, Big Willie, and Scottish Francis were on the bottom. (They went way wacky in their preparations.) Scottish Francis went home.

(And really, Daniel getting a rolling pin from Leslie wasn't that big a deal. When I first started making pasta, I didn't have a machine, and I was able to roll it thin enough. His problem was his really weird combination of flavors.)
    CupidGuest likes this.

I was surpised Leslie won. It seemed more difficult to make the ordinary ingrediants sing than to grill 3 pieces of meat and put them on a plate. I thought that was a bit of overkill- even if they were cooked correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Maybaybie View Post
    I was surpised Leslie won. It seemed more difficult to make the ordinary ingrediants sing than to grill 3 pieces of meat and put them on a plate. I thought that was a bit of overkill- even if they were cooked correctly.
    I agree. Leslie's seemed like a very average, safe dish.
    dzigner and Brooks like this.
    "Most of us go through life with blinders on. Knowing only that little station to which we were born. But you madam, have had the... rare privilege of escaping your bonds for just a spell. To see life from an entirely new perspective. How you choose to use that information is entirely up to you." -- Andrew to Joanna in Overboard

Am I the only one who doesn't think Courtney is all that attractive? I don't like to be superficial and judge people by their looks, but the show seems to be focusing on her looks, short skirts, high heels and really pushing these things about her. I thought they were looking for the best home cook, not the most flirty, sexy home cook. I'm just sick of the camera shots of her shoes and legs in every show.

Why do they so seldom show Victoria's dishes? I really like her and I'd like to see more of her. Maybe she should wear some 5 inch heels, huh?
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Bit View Post
    Am I the only one who doesn't think Courtney is all that attractive? I don't like to be superficial and judge people by their looks, but the show seems to be focusing on her looks, short skirts, high heels and really pushing these things about her. I thought they were looking for the best home cook, not the most flirty, sexy home cook. I'm just sick of the camera shots of her shoes and legs in every show.

Why do they so seldom show Victoria's dishes? I really like her and I'd like to see more of her. Maybe she should wear some 5 inch heels, huh?
    She's my pool captain, so I would love to see her featured more. Until last night, Jamie was pretty invisible too...
    PA Snow Bunny likes this.

My little Jamie was so happy bless her. I think she just makes up the numbers, no real threat.

I like Daniel, I was glad he didnt go home. Cooks please KISS!!!
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Really disappointed Francis went home, especially when Willie's dish was obviously so much worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnum View Post
    Really disappointed Francis went home, especially when Willie's dish was obviously so much worse.
    Maybe Francis had skated by with not so great dishes for awhile, thus he went first?
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast